SEC targets late July for COVID-19 decision-making

aubiefifty

On 7/15/2020 at 2:22 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

Those countries are geographically much smaller than us.  In some geographic areas we have crested in others we are still getting there. The North East and North West were hit hard early and now seem to be doing real well they may have crested like some of the countries you say are doing well. The South East and South West are the areas that are being hit now.  You have to realize most of Europe would fit inside of Texas. 

Yeah? And...what's your point? The population of Europe is over 700 million people. The population of the United States is around 329 million people. What does land area have to do with anything?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

I will be 1000% shocked if there's any college football this season.

If people will just #WearTheDamnMask, the odds of football being possible go up dramatically. (Apparently Governor Brian Kemp of Georgia hates football.)

I STILL think there is too much $$ involved not to have a season in some form. JMHO 

10 hours ago, fredst said:

Man, thought I was coming to the football forum and wound up in the political forum. Muh bad....

COVID > Football. That is reality. 

13 hours ago, fredst said:

Man, thought I was coming to the football forum and wound up in the political forum. Muh bad....

actually it is too calm for politics   lol

27 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

actually it is too calm for politics   lol

Yep this has been a very peaceful debate. I was just being a tool with my comment! I appreciate all the information regarding this situation . 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yep this has been a very peaceful debate. I was just being a tool with my comment! I appreciate all the information regarding this situation . 

i got no problems with you dag. you are straight regardless of whether you tilt to the left or right. to me anyway.

15 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

That is a strange statement as Texas, Arizona, and Florida are the big three having the issue now

Huh? The entire southeast is a major hot spot. I live in South Carolina and I couldn't fly from my town to New York if I wanted to. Latinos are not the major issue here. Nor are they in Alabama or Georgia or Tennessee. People of every culture are acting incredibly irresponsibly and there's not nearly enough testing. Georgia having the world's busiest airport and a breathtakingly stupid governor probably factor in there. Here in coastal South Carolina/Georgia and in Florida, the most major issue was probably unfettered tourism combined with the aforementioned irresponsible behavior. 

15 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Americans have always prided ourselves on being independent and self sufficient we don't need big brother and that is a good thing but when you combine that with I won't listen when good advice about wearing masks and have people openly not wearing masks they are forgetting that we are in this together. I hate masks I have broken my nose multiple times playing Rugby so a mask makes it even harder to breathe. Despite that I wear a mask whenever I go out.

Blame Trump for everything, blame other side for everything, don't worry about who us right or wrong we are a free country so any of those stands are ok by me. I only have one thing to ask of all of you. If you go out into the Public think of all of us and wear a mask not because the government tells you to but because it is the right thing to do.

•  

This is more or less my position. Except I don't blame anyone for everything, and I don't know of many people who do. 

14 hours ago, DAG said:

Whoo these post guys lol. Book like 

Guilty. However, Tex is a very thoughtful and intelligent dude and I don't want to half ass my responses to him.

14 hours ago, fredst said:

COVID is your key word in the thread title. 

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Guilty. However, Tex is a very thoughtful and intelligent dude and I don't want to half ass my responses to him.

Absolutely . Iono if you saw my post to fifty but I was being tongue and cheek. I like all of the data being put out here! I wish we could have dialogue like this when we are talking sports too because a lot of it is just way too opinion based taking as fact for my liking . Thanks for all the information you provide.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Absolutely . Iono if you saw my post to fifty but I was being tongue and cheek. I like all of the data being put out here! I wish we could have dialogue like this when we are talking sports too because a lot of it is just way too opinion based taking as fact for my liking . Thanks for all the information you provide.

Right on, man. But I bet a lot of people were thinking what you said, except not tongue in cheek, lol. So I just kinda used that to explain myself a little. I will try to back off a little unless I'm bringing more info and less opinions. 

Thanks back at you for the info. You're one of the very few who is really seeing this thing face to face. I've been following the accounts of medical professionals on the front lines- in Italy, New York, Atlanta, Charlotte, Birmingham- since this began and I think it's a big reason why I have the opinions I do. Some folks talk to their PCP in BFE and form different opinions. 

10 hours ago, WarTim said:

I STILL think there is too much $$ involved not to have a season in some form. JMHO 

I think you are going to find yourself very disappointed in the coming months.

48 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

COVID is your key word in the thread title.

Right. Most of the discussion had little to do with COVID or football but everyone’s politicized take on the pandemic and how it is being handled. Unfortunately, it seems that no discussion of the disease can take place without it becoming a political debate. Sign of the (weird)times I guess.

Just now, fredst said:

Right. Most of the discussion had little to do with COVID or football but everyone’s politicized take on the pandemic and how it is being handled. Unfortunately, it seems that no discussion of the disease can take place without it becoming a political debate. Sign of the (weird)times I guess.

Well how can you discuss COVID without speaking about the political ventures? Politics and not just in the capital shapes the way we are handling it all. Sports politics are the only reason why football is even a reachable possibility 

4 hours ago, DAG said:

COVID > Football. That is reality. 

Yep, I’m taking care of a bunch of them everyday. Looking to the football board for an escape

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Well how can you discuss COVID without speaking about the political ventures? Politics and not just in the capital shapes the way we are handling it all. Sports politics are the only reason why football is even a reachable possibility 

Looks like you can’t. Carry on

4 minutes ago, fredst said:

Yep, I’m taking care of a bunch of them everyday. Looking to the football board for an escape

I take care of them everyday too. But again, you really aren’t going to escape this by coming to a football board seeing as football might be compromised because of COVID. 

16 minutes ago, fredst said:

When it's asked if we're going to have football- as posited in the thread title- just about every possible response involves an if/then statement. Unfortunately, it's hard to avoid politics and how the disease is being handled at that point. But I can't look you in the eye and tell you that I've tried all that hard to avoid it. I can't look you in the eye at all. Because we only talk to each other on the internet. Also, you're a big shaggy dog with hair hanging down in your face. 

Further to that middle ground between "asymptomatic" and "dead", here's our weekly hospital-wide Happy Friday email from this morning. 

image.png

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

When it's asked if we're going to have football- as posited in the thread title- just about every possible response involves an if/then statement. Unfortunately, it's hard to avoid politics and how the disease is being handled at that point. But I can't look you in the eye and tell you that I've tried all that hard to avoid it. I can't look you in the eye at all. Because we only talk to each other on the internet. Also, you're a big shaggy dog with hair hanging down in your face. 

I’m with you brother. Right now it appears that you are just a big dark circle. I’m really worried about you 😟 

And, our hospital inpatient volume of these patients is up about 700% over the past 3 weeks. Unfortunately, no matter what we do, this thing is going to be with us for awhile. Hopeful for an effective vaccine soon but best-case that’s probably 6 months away. 

1 minute ago, fredst said:

I’m with you brother. Right now it appears that you are just a big dark circle. I’m really worried about you 😟 

Sincere thanks for your concern, Pat Mahomie. But fear not, for I am the same useless pit of despair I've always been, just with a warning label!

devil's horns | Trending Gifs

On 7/16/2020 at 12:14 AM, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Some reports say if you were positive you were only counted one time.   If you were negative you were counted every time you took a test.    that makes the positivity rate go way down.    Errors are going both ways.  most will cancel each other out.   The numbers are probably more accurate than people think.     https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronavirus/fl-ne-positivity-rate-florida-paints-rosy-pandemic-picture-20200715-cpwwngaefzdnpitbs7buh7zsei-story.html

I don't look at the negativity rate for just that and getting counted each time a person is negative is correct.  It isn't about the number of people who test negative.  It is more about the positive rate and how long they have had it.

The whole accounting system is flawed.  So I look at the positive rate in my county and see what the hospitalization and death rate is here.  We have had an uptick in Positive accounts but have a dramatic decrease in the death rate (still holding level from the main peak) and the hospitalization rate is extremely low.  So for those signs are a good thing.

There will never be a cure for this as it mutates as most virus do.  For those that have the underlying illnesses then they need to be protected but not at the expense of the healthy  because there are other consequences that come into factor like suicide, delays in getting screenings for cancer and other treatable medical conditions that if left untreated the person dies like the lady who died due to blood leaking in her brain which was treatable but she waited because she was afraid to go seek treatment due to COVID.

Also little known stat is that nursing homes make up about 25% of the monthly death rate in the US and this disease did a number on nursing homes in certain states because of the way they mandated that they take positive patients but Florida did the opposite and that is why we had a lower death rate for those fragile members of society. 

I am not speaking about other areas of Florida but my wife and I know numerous people who work at the local hospitals and they are saying that it isn't bad as the press is projecting.  We know people who are working in those COVID units and ER along with labs. 

4 hours ago, DAG said:

I think you are going to find yourself very disappointed in the coming months.

It’s possible. Believe me, I have been wrong many times before. 

And this is another reason that I don't think we have good reporting on the actual numbers when they count this as a COVID death...

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/fox-35-investigates-questions-raised-after-fatal-motorcycle-crash-listed-as-covid-19-death?fbclid=IwAR2EV6EeGk8qqQI-YV3tot-nF441DMRp1w8gmUwMWM8fMf1aGsTMdNiQ6GU

Archived