2022 5* QB Quinn Ewers (Ohio St.)

ellitor

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

They really need to drop the distinction IMO. Probably the only thing that makes him "pro style" is recruiting services calling him that. 

Also, people are calling this kid the best since Trevor Lawrence (also listed as "pro style", also plays at a program that has rolled mostly "dual threat" guys the last decade). That's only been 3 years, but still, if you can't make your offense work with a guy of that caliber then you really need to call it a day. 

Yeah, this catch-all about DT or Pro-style QBs is getting old.

If Morris can pull in a 5* QB or a high level 4 that can throw the ball and run it some, then Morris is going to go after him (especially if they are in Texas now where he recruits well).

Just now, steeleagle said:

If Morris can pull in a 5* QB or a high level 4 that can throw the ball and run it some, then Morris is going to go after him

Amen.

And while I've praised Morris for having a "type" and knowing what he wants, I think the word "can" in your post is huge. Like, know your lane and own it, but if you see a chance to pass (no pun intended) then freaking go for it. 

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

247 said they think he’s the best QB they’ve seen since Trevor Lawrence 

Loof posted that on the bottom of the previous page.

I just don't understand why Gus has such a hard time in deleloping QB's. Is it the duel threat QB's he signs to run his offense? I miss the drop back passing QB's.

• 5 weeks later...
  • ellitor changed the title to 2022 5* QB Quinn Ewers (Texas)

Well, I wish him the best.   I don't think his skill set lined up with Auburn's need for a DT   QB.   I know his HS program produces DT   QBs and he is insanely gifted, but I don't think we were every high on his list.

Glad he did not choose another SEC W   school.

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

I don't think his skill set lined up with Auburn's need for a DT   QB

Chad doesn't need a dual QB to be successful.

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

I don't think we were every high on his list.

@Beaker We definitely were. No worse than Top 4. Otherwise there wouldn't be a thread on him.

• 2 months later...

Quinn Ewers, #1 QB in the 2022 class, has decommitted from Texas.  Steve Wiltfong, from 247, say we should be one of the teams to watch out for:

"Ewers had a visit scheduled to The Plains prior to the Covid-19 pandemic hitting. Offensive coordinator Chad Morris has several ties to the state and specifically to several coaches on the Southlake Carroll staff. The Tigers have Bo Nix at QB in their plans for the 2022 season but not much else behind him, so the path to nearly immediate playing time would be there for Ewers."

On 8/14/2020 at 6:56 PM, ellitor said:

Something must be really wrong here, knowing this kid grew up a UT fan.  To commit to his fav football team, and then back out? 

17 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Something must be really wrong here, knowing this kid grew up a UT fan.  To commit to his fav football team, and then back out? 

The longer I follow recruiting, the more convinced I become that being a team's fan or liking a team is meaningless when it comes time for the kid to to pick a school.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

The longer I follow recruiting, the more convinced I become that being a team's fan or liking a team is meaningless when it comes time for the kid to to pick a school.

Agreed.  It has to be a business decision for these super athletes.  If you are a 2-3* then sure, go to your homer team if they offer.  But these guys with true NFL potential right out of high school, then it has to be a business decision for the NFL

• 3 weeks later...
  • ellitor changed the title to 2022 5* QB Quinn Ewers (Ohio St.)

Archived