2022 5* QB Quinn Ewers (Ohio St.)

ellitor

-29 offers including Auburn, Oklahoma, Ohio state, Bama, Texas, Arizona State, Baylor, Florida, UGA, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Penn State, Tennessee, Texas A&M, USC, and Washington
-Reading the tea leaves from a recent VIP article it sounds like Auburn is in the top three or top four without him even visiting Auburn yet.
-he has visited the other teams that appear to be a top: Oklahoma, Ohio state, and Texas
-was set to visit Auburn in the spring but corona happened
-Chad Morris is the reason we are in the thick of things here
-Morris has a great reputation with his high school coaches and has coached some of them

Bah, that Texas connection rearing it's UGLY head again!     Who needs the headaches of dealing with these bluechip, 5* recruits!!    

#1 QB in the nation in 2022 and Oklahoma already has Rattler and Williams so they may skip out the 22 year?? Count me in. 

I'm sure the guy has heard of or even likes Coach Morris, however we seem to be focusing mainly on Dual threat QBs. I understand we'll take him if he wants to come,  but if the pro style kid from GA. Van Der whatever likes AU and still didn't come because of Morris then are we really in the hunt for this kid or is this a pipe dream? Just sayin  🤷‍♂️ Someone please inform me

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

What I was thinking

28 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Thought same.

tenor.gif

3 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

#1 QB in the nation in 2022 and Oklahoma already has Rattler and Williams so they may skip out the 22 year?? Count me in. 

In QB recruiting you don’t skip a year If you can help it. Very good chance at least one of their current QBs or commits will not be at Oklahoma at that point.

3 hours ago, Timeslider 6 said:

I'm sure the guy has heard of or even likes Coach Morris, however we seem to be focusing mainly on Dual threat QBs. I understand we'll take him if he wants to come,  but if the pro style kid from GA. Van Der whatever likes AU and still didn't come because of Morris then are we really in the hunt for this kid or is this a pipe dream? Just sayin  🤷‍♂️ Someone please inform me

@Timeslider 6 Really in the hunt. I would not have created this thread if it was just a pipe dream. BVG was much further along in his recruitment when we got Chad Morris. It wasn’t enough to offset the effects of BVG not wanting to play for Gus Malzahn because of prior QB development. Also watch the film from the OP. This cat is mobile.

I'm going with Spicoli over Sunshine. 

Screenshot_20200714-220254~2.png

48 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Solid. Too bad we don't still have Herb Hand, though...

"What are you people? On dope?"

13 hours ago, Timeslider 6 said:

E legitimately wrote in the OP why the kid is interested..

39 minutes ago, DAG said:

E legitimately wrote in the OP why the kid is interested..

Yup! lol

1 minute ago, autan said:

I didn't think we seriously recruited Pro-style QBs any more.

They really need to drop the distinction IMO. Probably the only thing that makes him "pro style" is recruiting services calling him that. 

Also, people are calling this kid the best since Trevor Lawrence (also listed as "pro style", also plays at a program that has rolled mostly "dual threat" guys the last decade). That's only been 3 years, but still, if you can't make your offense work with a guy of that caliber then you really need to call it a day. 

Archived