2021 4* RB LJ Johnson

ellitor

40 offers including AU, Texas A&M, Texas, LSU, UGA, OU, Bama, Baylor, Florida, FSU, Miami, Michigan, Nebraska, ND, Ohio St., Okie St., Penn St., Vols, & USC
AU has made a real move lately & is legit in his top 3 or 4 along with A&M, LSU, & Texas

• Like 4
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

He decommited?

@AuburnTiger4Life According to his 247 timeline he's never been committed.

17 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

So I take it that LJ has committed to Texas A&M. Right?

@auburn4ever Nope.

26 minutes ago, bigbird said:

@ellitor what are you hearing?

Nothing. Just relayed the important part of what Keith said yesterday in the OP.

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Nothing. Just relayed the important part of what Keith said yesterday in the OP.

I'd be thrilled if we could land him. He is so good.

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'd be thrilled if we could land him. He is so good.

Glad to hear you say that because his film jumps out to me big time. 

What classification is this he's playing against?

Doesn't appear to have the top end speed Goodwin does, but great vision and balance, at least from those few clips the film showed. It wouldn't hurt my feelings any if we missed on him, as stacked as we are at running back already, but it sure never hurts to pick up a player of his talent. And, much as it surely grates at Golf's nerves, I tend to value the yellow one's input on players, especially those from Texas.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Glad to hear you say that because his film jumps out to me big time. 

He certainly looks like a man among boys. If his competition is legit then he is very good.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Grumps said:

He certainly looks like a man among boys. If his competition is legit then he is very good.

Him and Tank together would possibly be the best 1 2 punch we’ve ever had. Plus Goodwin. Good grief 

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

What classification is this he's playing against?

6A. The highest in Texas

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Doesn't appear to have the top end speed Goodwin does,

AG may be a scosh faster but LJ has great top end speed. He ran a verified 4.42/40 last year at The Opening regional event.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

44 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Him and Tank together would possibly be the best 1 2 punch we’ve ever had. Plus Goodwin. Good grief 

Whoa there fella. Caddy & Ronnie plus the great combos we had in the late 70s-early 80s are tough to beat.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

6A. The highest in Texas

And in a good district too

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

AG may be a scosh fast but LJ has great top end speed. He ran a verified 4.42/40 last year at The Opening regional event.

I didn't mean that he was slow, but admittedly 4.42 is faster than I would have guessed. It just seemed like he had a lot of DBs running with him on those runs, rather than him pulling away as I would expect of a back with good top end speed in high school. Of course, if it's 6A, that makes a little more sense, because there's a ton of talent at that level in TX. And maybe my standards for speed are a bit high, with Shivers and Goodwin in the fold. In any case, it'd be great to see Johnson playing for Auburn.

As long as we keep Goodwin then I’m good and if LJ wanted to join I’d be estatic but I don’t see him coming to us imo. But he’s definitely solid, I love a RB who can run through arm tackles

18 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

It just seemed like he had a lot of DBs running with him on those runs, rather than him pulling away as I would expect of a back with good top end speed in high school.

Pssst...DBs are fast too

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Whoa there fella. Caddy & Ronnie plus the great combos we had in the late 70s-early 80s are tough to beat.

I wasn’t born so I’ve only seen highlights. But I’ll take your word for it lol

Just now, bigbird said:

Pssst...DBs are fast too

LOL, I know, but my thought was more that if this is an elite level speed running back, he'd be pulling away from DBs in high school. Again, I think it's the level of competition that I underestimated more than anything. Even while I was watching, I had the thought that it's certainly not bad if this is 6A, because a fair amount of those DBs will end up playing Division 1 football, but my consideration was that if he's not pulling away from high school DBs, how is he going to fare at Auburn when he's facing SEC DBs?

Not saying that my thinking is right, just trying to explain where it's coming from.

45 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

We need LJ.

No we don’t but he would be a very very nice luxury.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

No we don’t but he would be a very very nice luxury.

With the departure of Malik and Boobie, does that increase our need to get two in this class now for sure?

6 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Bo Jackson and Brent Fullwood. Both 1st team all-Amercans their senior year, plus Bo's Heisman. That duo would be hard to beat.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1