What happened to Jason Dufner?

fishepa

He used to be Playing on the weekends all the time. What’s up with the guy is he still playing?

13 minutes ago, fishepa said:

He used to be Playing on the weekends all the time. What’s up with the guy is he still playing?

He’s currently +1 at The Memorial after 3 rounds. Hasn’t been the same since the situation with his first wife. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jared52 said:

He’s currently +1 at The Memorial after 3 rounds. Hasn’t been the same since the situation with his first wife

This is true and the motivation is not what it use to be for him at the moment. Golf can disappear on you in a heart beat with it being so much mental it did me for 4 years didn't touch a club once. Probably kept me from going insane best thing I could have done for ME.

Duf is still making good moneyhe will be fine also remember Duf is not that golf young at 43.

Happier days for Duf

Formerly Fat Jason Dufner And Currently Hot Wife Are Divorcing ...

48 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

This is true and the motivation is not what it use to be for him at the moment. Golf can disappear on you in a heart beat with it being so much mental it did me for 4 years didn't touch a club once. Probably kept me from going insane best thing I could have done for ME.

Duf is still making good moneyhe will be fine also remember Duf is not that golf young at 43.

Same thing with Tiger. They both had some physical issues, but those mental issues are harder on golfers it seems.

• Like 1

Also, Duf clearly married above his station, as evidenced by Golf. I find her poster (leaning away) interesting in that photo. Have to wonder how rocky those 3 years were. 

10 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

If you have ever been around him he is a jerk when he has too much  to drink.

Have not been around him when he has had too much to drink but I don't doubt it. Alcohol can have so many effects on your normal personality plus golfers have their own personal demons to deal with. Lots of stress goes with the territory

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, jared52 said:

He’s currently +1 at The Memorial after 3 rounds. Hasn’t been the same since the situation with his first wife. 

Dufner has a 2nd wife now? 

He really did tail off some after his wife divorced him but I think he recovered some

• 1 month later...

To be fair to Duf. Those PGA guys are freaking unbelievably good, and they just keep getting younger and better!!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 7/18/2020 at 9:37 PM, Proud Tiger said:

If you have ever been around him he is a jerk when he has too much  to drink.

That can apply to anyone. Even me. 

• 8 months later...

Hopefully Jason Dufner can get back to contending for victories on the PGA tour. Nice to see him hitting the gym for strength training.

Jason Dufner hits gym hard for first time, opens Fortinet in 67

BY  BRENTLEY ROMINE

SEPTEMBER 16, 2021 AT 10:34 PM

Jason Dufner is picking up where he left off last season.

The 44-year-old Dufner capped his previous campaign with four straight top-30 finishes and 11 of 16 rounds in the 60s. While he didn’t qualify for the FedExCup Playoffs, at No. 154 in points, he hasn’t appeared to have lost momentum.

His 5-under 67 Thursday in Napa, California, has the former PGA champ just two shots off the lead at the Fortinet Championship.

So, what’s been the key?

“Firm and fast is always kind of in my wheelhouse,” said Dufner, who tied for 29th last fall at Silverado Resort.

Especially now that the traditionally short-hitting Dufner has gained some extra speed and distance. He has never ranked better than 64th on Tour in driving distance, and that year (2012) he still only averaged 292.2 yards off the tee. Last season, Dufner ranked 163rd at 289.6 yards.

On Thursday, Dufner was T-36 at 298.4 yards.

“I picked up some speed here in the last six months or so,” he said. “I've been training in the gym some for the first time in my career trying to gain some speed to move faster; not necessarily change my golf swing so much, but just to get my body moving faster. Then I've seen some gains, I started seeing some gains kind of in June, July before we had the break. Makes it a little bit easier, I can get to some of the par 5s. I'm really good with my wedges, so anything I can get inside 150 really helps.”

• Like 1

• 2 years later...