2021 3* WR Hal Preseley Commits to AU!

ellitor

12 minutes ago, fredst said:

I don’t know. What if he is like this guy?

00D97B0A-D0FC-4D2A-981E-E27C8E89DCE8.jpeg

See this right here is why you are muhhhhhhhh freaking booooyyyy!!!!! I should of known you were a fellow maaaaaaaaj Stanley Kubrick fan!!!! Wooooo!!!! Lfg baaay baaaaay!!!!

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

See this right here is why you are muhhhhhhhh freaking booooyyyy!!!!! I should of known you were a fellow maaaaaaaaj Stanley Kubrick fan!!!! Wooooo!!!! Lfg baaay baaaaay!!!!

Love Kubrick. Him, Hitchcock, and F.F. Coppola produced the greatest movies of the 20th century, IMO. Maybe add Billy Wilder to the list. Anyway.....Mr. Presley, LFG!!!!!WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

@Tiger and I are glad to see you still around but I thought you were taking a extended break from the board!!! That long emotional and heartfelt post you made had us scared and all worried!!! Glad to see you still managed to find time for us lol. Do not be a stranger fammmmmmy!!! WOOO!!! LFG!!! DO NOT SCARE US LIKE THAT AGAIN BROOOOOOODIE!!!! lmao

I'm not back back & with no offense, I hope I never will be. I just come around for some quick hitters as long as it only takes a few minutes of my time.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

23 hours ago, fredst said:

Love Kubrick. Him, Hitchcock, and F.F. Coppola produced the greatest movies of the 20th century, IMO. Maybe add Billy Wilder to the list. Anyway.....Mr. Presley, LFG!!!!!WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Awoo.

• Love 2

To my untrained eye, I just don't know.  

After a lot of his catches he doesn't run much - granted, he is in the endzone, but you get my point.  Also, he mostly catches long passes.  Can he catch short routes?  

Seems like a risky kinda receiver.  Lots of big plays and high points the ball.  Would like to see him catch some short passes, maybe while being covered.  He just gets too open, too often.  

I don't know, maybe.  

this was all tongue in cheek - this cat is a take, period.  Heck, kick someone off the team if we have to.   Take this guy.

Edited by Beaker

He is solid , but it seems AU is even trying.. Recruiting is just bad right now guys 

Edited by JDUBB4AU

23 hours ago, Beaker said:

To my untrained eye, I just don't know.  

After a lot of his catches he doesn't run much - granted, he is in the endzone, but you get my point.  Also, he mostly catches long passes.  Can he catch short routes?  

Seems like a risky kinda receiver.  Lots of big plays and high points the ball.  Would like to see him catch some short passes, maybe while being covered.  He just gets too open, too often.  

I don't know, maybe.  

@Beakermaybe he's our deep ball target in the class. In the past Gus has pigeon holed his WRs remember.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

He is solid , but it seems AU is even trying.. Recruiting is just bad right now guys 

AU is hard after him.

On 11/1/2020 at 7:34 AM, auburn4ever said:

I've always liked Hal from that movie.

The computer that likes to kill humans? Hmmmmm.I think this offers some insight into your posting......

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

Announcing his Top 11??

tyrty.gif

wrqrw.gif

• Haha 1

affswrq.gif

• ellitor changed the title to ***2021 3* WR Hal Preseley (Commit Watch: 6:30 CT Tonight)

• Like 1

Texas WR Hal Presley commits to Auburn

ByKEITH NIEBUHR 4 minutes ago 

Share1 Comments

Just two weeks after de-committing from Baylor, receiver Hal Presley of Mansfield (Texas) Summit has found a new future home in the Southeastern Conference. He's headed to Auburn.

The 6-feet-3, 190-pound Presley, the No. 54 receiver nationally for 247 Sports, committed to the Tigers on Wednesday. He chose Auburn over Southern California.

Presley is commitment No. 14 for Auburn but the first since Aug. 21 (safety Ahmari Harvey of Tallahassee, Fla.). The Tigers moved up two spots to No. 18 in the 247Sports recruiting team rankings with Presley's pledge.

"Hal Presley has been a touchdown waiting to happen as a senior, turning nearly half of his receptions into touchdowns averaging nearly 25 yards per reception," said 247Sports' Director of Recruiting Steve Wiltfong. "Presley can make plays in a variety of ways -- a downfield threat that can win the 1-on-1 ball, he is also elusive after the catch. Presley has improved in all facets as a senior."

In a win last week, Presley had four catches for 99 yards and two touchdowns. That gives him 19 catches for 468 yards and eight touchdowns this season through five games played. He recorded 45 receptions for 874 yards and eight touchdowns in 2019. The previous season, he hauled in 24  for 407 yards and five scores.

Presley is not an early enrollee and plans to arrive at Auburn next summer. He is the Tigers' lone 2021 receiver commit. They'd like to take one more.

One day after his de-commitment from the Bears, Presley watched closely as Auburn waxed LSU 48-11. 

“It was a blowout,” Presley said. “It was unexpected. I didn’t think LSU was going to let that happen. I was impressed. You can’t help but be impressed when you blow out a team that was supposed to be it. It was a good game and it’s a rivarly game. “I thought (the receivers) did pretty good. They always do good. And (quarterback) Bo Nix is raw.”

Auburn's pursuit of Presley, a 3-star recruit, began earlier this year. The Tigers offered him in May, but he then committed to Baylor nine days later. Undeterred, Auburn, led by offensive coordinator Chad Morris and receivers coach Kodi Burns, continued its pursuit.

“Coach Morris told me he saw my film and said there’s not really people that move like me at my size,” Presley said. “I talked to (Burns) and basically, he said he heard about me through his brother that works around here. His brother told him I destroyed their defense.”

In July, it appeared as though Presley could be close to a de-commit.

"They kept recruiting me the whole time," Presley said at that time of the Tigers. "All the other coaches stopped recruiting me, but they didn't. They've said I'd have a good chance to start as a freshman with No. 18 (Seth Williams) probably going to the league (after the 2020 season)."

It didn't happen at that time, however. Yet, behind the scenes Auburn continued to get good vibes. Once he de-committed, the Tigers had to hold off USC, which they did.

• Like 1

• Like 1

Boom boom booming boom boom 💥 boom 💥 

Boy we needed this!

• Like 1