Equestrian 2020-2021

AURex

So, I'm really curious about this. Equestrian is a non-contact sport. In fact, there is not a lot of really close interaction required. Plus, it is not an NCAA sport, so it is not regulated by NCAA decisions.

Why can't we have Equestrian competition in the age of Corona? Deal with the issue of spectators, but let the riders and horses compete. As it is, spectators do not really contribute much to the competitions. Just make it a non-spectator sport for the coming year.

What am I missing?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AURex said:

So, I'm really curious about this. Equestrian is a non-contact sport. In fact, there is not a lot of really close interaction required. Plus, it is not an NCAA sport, so it is not regulated by NCAA decisions.

Why can't we have Equestrian competition in the age of Corona? Deal with the issue of spectators, but let the riders and horses compete. As it is, spectators do not really contribute much to the competitions. Just make it a non-spectator sport for the coming year.

What am I missing?

They deemed horseracing acceptable, so why not? 

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

The victory also extends the team's winning streak to 35 matches, dating back to April 19, 2018.

36 wins in a row now. 

• 3 weeks later...

A few events, and of course our Auburn ladies crush the opposition. But will any other universities line up to compete? And will there be a championship?

This is not one of those sports with close person-to-person contact, so COVED-19 is not the primary issue. The problem is more financing. For almost all schools, football funds secondary sports. And welp ....  Equestrian is not even a bona fide NCAA sport. So for MOST universities, Equestrian is not high on their funding list.

So Auburn may have funding, because ..... ya know .... AU = #1 and all of us (yes, you know who we are) support our athletic teams including Equestrian, right!  And as Auburn donors, we drop money for our girls! Right? RIGHT!?!  Yes, we support our Equestrian team with $$ .... RIGHT?)

But many other schools may not. And that's the problem.

So, here we are, Auburn once again the best Equestrian team in the country. But if no competition and no national championship ........

Last year, Auburn undefeated, no question the best in the country, but no NC due to The Rona. And here we are again. A few events. Auburn clearly still #1. But so far it's likely there will be  no national championship competition, so .......

Personally, I think Auburn should just CLAIM national championships for 2019 and 2020 just based on their record in the competitions that was on record. I really d not think any other school would challenge that. Because everybody knows, Auburn #1 in Equestrian.

Love my Equestrian Ladies!

I have never been to one of the Equestrian competitions, but after watching one of the AU videos it looks like something I would enjoy attending.  Unfortunate

having the limitations on attendance this year or I would like to have driven down from B'ham.  

On 11/18/2020 at 10:06 AM, slot canyon said:

I have never been to one of the Equestrian competitions, but after watching one of the AU videos it looks like something I would enjoy attending.  Unfortunate

having the limitations on attendance this year or I would like to have driven down from B'ham.  

It's well worth seeing, the AU riders are superb.  AU has an amazing facility there now. One of my part-time student jobs was working at that equestrian unit. It was nothing like what's out there today, I'm amazed every time I go there.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

This has to be the most dominant streak in Auburn Sports History.

This is up there like the UCLA dynasty in basketball, or the Miami home win streak in the 90s in the Orange Bowl

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Auburn ladies OBLITERATE the 32rd ranked UGA team. Now 5-0 in SEC and 8-0 vs UGA.

I have not counted the numbvers, but Auburn has not lost a meet in a long time, and is on track for yet another National Championship.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, AURex said:

The Auburn ladies OBLITERATE the 32rd ranked UGA team. Now 5-0 in SEC and 8-0 vs UGA.

I have not counted the numbvers, but Auburn has not lost a meet in a long time, and is on track for yet another National Championship.

UGA is actually ranked #3

AUBURN, Ala. – The No. 1 Auburn equestrian team extended its current winning streak to 39-straight meets with a 12-3 victory over rival and No. 3 Georgia Saturday at the Auburn University Equestrian Center.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Typos happen, Golf. Just sayin ......  And hey, at your age, you should understand. I'm not there yet, but I'm workin' on it. hahaha

• 2 weeks later...

#1 AU Defeated #8 USCe 13-5 to finish regular season 6-0.  This is the third consecutive undefeated regular season.  The win streak is at 40 matches.  Next is the SEC Championship in 2 weeks ( 26th/27th March).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

HC Greg Williams 2002 to Present

2020 - 2021  =  6 - 0 so far

2019 - 2020 =  15 - 0   

2018 - 2019 =  18 - 0 SEC & National Champions + National Champions in 2 of 4 individual events

2017 - 2018 =   13 - 4 National Champions + National Champions in all 4 Individual Events  (Lost to UGA in SEC Championship but beat UGA for National Championship).

2016 - 2017 = 10 - 5 Lost to UGA in SEC & National Championship

2015 - 2016 =  16 - 1   SEC & National Champions

3 x Southern Champions : 2003-04 , 2009-10, 2010-11 (Southern Championship was prior to establishing an SEC Championship)

2 x SEC Champions : 2015 - 16, 2018-19

9 x Individual Event National Championships : 2007-08 (1), 2010-11 (1), 2012-13 (1), 2017-18 (4), 2018-19 (2)

6 x National Champions 2005-06 , 2010-11, 2012-13, 2015-16, 2017-18, 2018-19

** No SEC or National Championship events due to cancellation due to COVID- 19, but the team was ranked #1 and undefeated at the time of cancellation

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...