Equestrian 2020-2021

AURex

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

That's really ashame....... at Waco fwiw

I saw people on Twitter saying they changed scores of something. Would you happen to know what that’s all about.

Just now, blakem said:

I saw people on Twitter saying they changed scores of something. Would you happen to know what that’s all about.

Sorry no idea

1 hour ago, blakem said:

It appears it was entered wrong into the scoring system, no controversy.  Sounds like Baylor rode the meet of their lives.  They were 3-7 on the year and 8 seed. 

The downer is we actually should have been named Champs last year and give us the 3 peat already, but it's like losing 2 titles with the loss.  I digress.  Amazing streak we've had and proud of their domination these few years, especially with the way our sports were struggling. 

• Like 2

Overconfidence going in. Just my opinion following the team for years.....

14 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Overconfidence going in. Just my opinion following the team for years.....

It's hard not to be. With the success and winning streak they had for what now 3 years, It is hard to maintain that winning edge till the end. But according to Coach, he tells the girls that everyone has this team in their bullseye, and wants to beat us so bad bc of our domination recently. So it took a great effort by the home team to do it, and it still went down to the last event. 

Not going to fault these ladies for anything. I am sure they are super disappointed enough.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2021 at 4:12 PM, blakem said:

The streak is over as we lose 8-7 to Baylor

RATZ! Anyway, it was great while it lasted and there will be another season soon. Anyone who hasn't been out to the arena and watched one of the equestrian events should go. Great facility and atmosphere, pretty girls and fine athletes, both riders and horses. What's not to like?  Attend one, you'll be glad you did.

• Like 1

So disappointing! The one team that is excelling this sports season and they fall short. Hopefully they will learn from this and bring home a NC in 2022.

Can’t wait for the 2020-2021 season to be over and have a fresh start in all sports for 2021-2022.

• 3 months later...

As good as our equestrian has been, do we ever have a competitor in Olympics? I watched a little of the eventing cross country, which was quite interesting.  I wouldn't expect us to have one of those, but maybe Dressage.

• 3 months later...
On 11/17/2021 at 7:56 AM, slot canyon said:

You are correct this is inspiring Equestrian, Naval ROTC, Mechanical engineering this young lady has a lot on her plate.

On 8/1/2021 at 10:17 AM, AUBwins said:

As good as our equestrian has been, do we ever have a competitor in Olympics? I watched a little of the eventing cross country, which was quite interesting.  I wouldn't expect us to have one of those, but maybe Dressage.

Next time, watch the Olympic & International riders closely. They are almost all older, age 30 and above with some pushing 50. Maybe our riders don't want to make a life-long commitment? Or maybe it takes that many years to reach that level and we don't have any alumni riders old enough yet?

Well we beat #3 Baylor

The No. 2 Auburn equestrian team capped the fall season with an exclamation point, besting No. 3 Baylor in Waco, 13-7, at the Baylor Equestrian Center. The win moved the Tigers to 5-2 on the season.

On 11/19/2021 at 5:38 PM, augolf1716 said:

Well we beat #3 Baylor

The No. 2 Auburn equestrian team capped the fall season with an exclamation point, besting No. 3 Baylor in Waco, 13-7, at the Baylor Equestrian Center. The win moved the Tigers to 5-2 on the season.

Good. Payback from last season. 

• Like 1