Corso article

Erik81

I am not necessarily in disagreement with you but it must be admited we did have a weakness exposed and exploited in the second half. I sensed the result of this sealed cGC's fate following last year if it wasn't already decided.

We made a really stupid decision to put 10 men in or dang near in the box in the second half against tenny. Not only that, but it took 3!!!!!! long runs for us to get out of it. WHY ANYONE THOUGHT WE NEEDE TO CHANGE OUR #1 D IN THE 2ND HALF IS FAR BEYOND ME!!, but we did and paid the price.

With that being said, IMO there is only one reason CGC is gone and that is because he wanted to leave. I find it impossible to believe anyone would have run him off after he fielded possibly the best D in the nation.

We made a really stupid decision to put 10 men in or dang near in the box in the second half against tenny. Not only that, but it took 3!!!!!! long runs for us to get out of it. WHY ANYONE THOUGHT WE NEEDE TO CHANGE OUR #1 D IN THE 2ND HALF IS FAR BEYOND ME!!, but we did and paid the price.

With that being said, IMO there is only one reason CGC is gone and that is because he wanted to leave. I find it impossible to believe anyone would have run him off after he fielded possibly the best D in the nation.

160530[/snapback]

Not possibly, hands down the best. I don't even think there can be much argument. Regardless, so what if we had 1 brainfart quarter in 1 game, does that just automatically mean we suck? Nevermind that on back-to-back weekends Oklahoma's secondary got lit up by Oklahoma State and Texas A&M and gave up 35 pts. a piece to them. Nevermind USC giving up 28 to Stanford either. I think Tennessee was just a tad better than the Cardinal. Selective memory from Corso.... or maybe he really is that senile.

He claims he saw each team twice... he saw us... THREE TIMES... UTK, UGA, SEC. I could've swore he said "The BCS got it right - the two best teams in the nation are playing eachother."

It was supposed to be one of the greatest games of all time. It was supposed to be the matchup of the Heisman QB's and stud runningbacks. Instead Oklahoma didnt show up.... again :puke:

Can't believe he is claiming he didn't say that. Course our 4 first rounders couldnt compare in talent to guys like Jason White.

Him and Kirk both changed after the Choke got whipped. Least Kirk knew how much of a idiot he looked like, cause his first words were Auburn gets the last laugh, then he went on his spill about we should buy rings, should claim it, should have another celebration 50 years from now etc etc.

Should be intersting to see if they dare to go around Auburn next year with Gameday.

In my book, that OU team will forever be known as the Chokelahoma Quitters. The USC plauyers said they gave up near the end of the first quarter. Told the USC team to "just get it over with." :blink:

In my book, that OU team will forever be known as the Chokelahoma Quitters. The USC plauyers said they gave up near the end of the first quarter. Told the USC team to "just get it over with." :blink:

160554[/snapback]

Sounds surprisingly like the LSU D during their 31-7 loss in Auburn back in '02.

" Let up, dog. It's over"

160554[/snapback]

Chokelahoma

We'd Sooner quit than get tough!

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

I've never met the man, or anything, but I would have to say that Corso is a two-faced jerk. He's lying his ass off about this because he knows he was wrong.

All of these clowns strut around like infallible gods of football. In my opinion, Auburn doesn't need and shouldn't even want their support.

Damn! That makes me mad.

I sensed the result of this sealed cGC's fate following last year if it wasn't already decided.

160529[/snapback]

That's a joke right??? :blink:

Why is everyone calling Oklahoma Choklahoma and quitters and that they didn't show up? I thought that was the real OU team and I don't have a doubt in my mind that it was. Oklahoma wasn't that good - they play in the Big XII, with one game a year. I went on record saying USC was not going to win, but that they would DESTROY Oklahoma. They didn't choke - they just weren't that good. You may be suprised thinking "no, they are good, but they shouldn't have lost by that much." USC played outstanding and OU is just overrated.

Cause its fun and thats what they have done 2/3 of their last Championship games.

I agree with you though, they aren't as good as the media likes to make out and niether is the Big 12 conference. Oklahoma wouldn't have half the championships they do if they didn't get to play in the that and the old Big 8.

Still, Oklahoma was a good enough team last year that they shouldn't have been beaten that badly by USC. It's not that they lost, it's how they lost.

I sensed the result of this sealed cGC's fate following last year if it wasn't already decided.

160529[/snapback]

160567[/snapback]

If CGC stands for Chizik....I hate to admit it, but its somewhat true.

From what I hear, after the SEC Championship game (the Tenn. rally) Tuberville had a few choice words with Chizik about the defensive play calling. The rest speaks for itself..... Chizik then accepted another job!

He wasnt fired, nor would he ever be fired. I just think he was upset with the fact that Tuberville even said anything to him after a great year like that.

Take it or leave it, its all rumor.

Corso's schtick is this fun-loving, laugh-a-minute guy, when he's really a bitter, egotistical phoney. Like Crusty the Clown. Remember the melt down he had on the Heisman show when his opinion was questioned? It doesn't take much for the REAL Lee Corso to come out. I can't believe the ESPN guys actually call him "coach" either. He was an average at best coach who's claim to fame is the always scintillating "not so fast my friend"...brilliant!

Guest Tigrinum Major
Corso's schtick is this fun-loving, laugh-a-minute guy, when he's really a bitter, egotistical phoney. Like Crusty the Clown. Remember the melt down he had on the Heisman show when his opinion was questioned? It doesn't take much for the REAL Lee Corso to come out. I can't believe the ESPN guys actually call him "coach" either. He was an average at best coach who's claim to fame is the always scintillating "not so fast my friend"...brilliant!

161065[/snapback]

He also had a meltdown on a radio show when he was making fun of Burt Reynold's posing in Playgirl and the hosts trned that tables on him and busted on him a little. He came unglued quickly.

Corso is just like Dick Vitale, a never was as a coach who has cultivated a cult of personality by being over the top as an "expert". If I never see them on ESPN again, it will be fine with me.

160529[/snapback]

160567[/snapback]

I just think he was upset with the fact that Tuberville even said anything to him after a great year like that.

160644[/snapback]

Image that... :rolleyes: Chizik should have reminded Tubby of his meltdown in the 1999 MSU game... B)

I really don't see how we can replace Chizik with someone who have never been a anything more than an assistant secondary coach. Hopefully our atheletes will be able to overcome his inexperience.

:au:

I really don't see how we can replace Chizik with someone who have never been a anything more than an assistant secondary coach. Hopefully our atheletes will be able to overcome his inexperience.

161138[/snapback]

:no: Come on man, you gotta do your homework before you make a comment like that. He was defensive coordinator for Minnesota from 1997-2000, and considering the (lack of) talent he had to work with there, he put up some really good defenses.

I was standing behind the ESPN crew in Atlanta when;

Corso said,

"Oklahoma and USC are the best two teams in America and deserve to play one another in the Championship Game."

Chesesick can take a flying leap. He quit. If CTT cursed him black and blue that is fine with me.

161138[/snapback]

:no: Come on man, you gotta do your homework before you make a comment like that. He was defensive coordinator for Minnesota from 1997-2000, and considering the (lack of) talent he had to work with there, he put up some really good defenses.

161143[/snapback]

:rolleyes: Sorry you are correct, he coached a stellar Gophers defense before taking an assistant job with the Broncos. His dad coached where??? B)

I remember well how happy raven was when Coach Tuberville hired Coach Al Borges. :D

The fact that raven has such a high opinion of Coach Gibbs makes me feel great about the future of the AU Defense! :D

Archived