All Things AU & SEC Football Schedules (Threads Merged)

auburn4ever

Now that the Southern Cal & Alabama game has officially been canceled, has anyone heard if Auburn's game with NC is still gonna be played?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be gone by Monday.  The other conferences have no choice but to suit with what the PAC 10 and BIG 10 have done.  

7 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Now that the Southern Cal & Alabama game has officially been canceled, has anyone heard if Auburn's game with NC is still gonna be played?

The ACC looks like it's headed towards a conference only schedule, so while not official yet I think it's only a matter of time.  See this story from July 9th in the Opelika-Auburn News: ACC expected to cancel Auburn’s game with North Carolina

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

All but done. 

replace with Tennessee is the word on the street.

I think a season is a long shot at this point, but a slate of nothing but SEC games would be great. I'd love to see this lead to a blow-up of the divisions and rethink the whole current conference set-up. Unlikely, but who knows what this situation could possibly lead to.

Well dang. However, I do understand. It's looking like an 8 game schedule is the best we can have.

2 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

replace with Tennessee is the word on the street.

hmm...JGT is saying if we have a season the entire schedule except Bama & UGA would be reser.

1 hour ago, CR said:

I think a season is a long shot at this point, but a slate of nothing but SEC games would be great. I'd love to see this lead to a blow-up of the divisions and rethink the whole current conference set-up. Unlikely, but who knows what this situation could possibly lead to.

As of now it would be only 1 season without divisions.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

As of now it would be only 1 season without divisions.

Probably play all teams closest in proximity so to speak? Possible we play more East than West teams you think? 

If Tennessee replaces North Carolina, then Auburn will play 9 SEC games. Will the UT game count in the conference like the other 8 games?

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

hmm...JGT is saying if we have a season the entire schedule except Bama & UGA would be reser.

Reser?

With the NC game being canceled, will the other 3 non-conference games be canceled? Acorn State, Southern Miss and UMASS.

31 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

With the NC game being canceled, will the Tigers other 3 non-conference games also be canceled? Acorn State, Southern Miss and UMASS.

I dont see how all OOC games can be cancelled b/c there are some state rivalries that need to be played that are not in same conference. GA/GT, FL/FLST, SC/Clemson.

So i would think SEC could keep 1 OOC game, and then fill in with other SEC teams, depending on what the SEC conference determines how many games the SEC will play. ANd it would be critical that all SEC teams play the same number of conference games too....

I would've loved to see 4th quarter Sam Howell against Auburn's defense man. Kid is the clutchest QB I've seen since Nick. Him and that RIDICULOUS talent Mack is pulling in next class is going to be a problem for Clemson 

I would say that not having to play North Carolina early as a plus for this team but Tennessee would probably be just as tough.  UNC has a big edge at QB but Tennessee has been recruiting just as well.  Maybe it’ll be different with Chad but Pruitt has had Gus’s # since 2013 FSU.

5 hours ago, Win4AU said:

I would say that not having to play North Carolina early as a plus for this team but Tennessee would probably be just as tough.  UNC has a big edge at QB but Tennessee has been recruiting just as well.  Maybe it’ll be different with Chad but Pruitt has had Gus’s # since 2013 FSU.

I think Tennessee would be way worse, and it's for the reason you provided. Auburn's offense is still likely going to rely more on Gus's operandi style early as they transition fully into Chad's version. Remember that they'll basically be going in cold. Pruitt knows Gus's offense better than he does, and it's only gotten simpler since Pruitt's initial time studying it. 

UNC is also just not as fierce to me, defensively.  If we're speaking in general 

Everybody seems to be assuming we would replace NC game with another SEC game. Is that conjecture or has SEC mentioned that may happen? Second why does everybody say Tenn. as opposed to another East team (Vandy, SC, Mizzou, Fla. KY.) is it because it is only East team with that open date or are you saying we will play all the East SEC teams also or a subset of them?  If we play our current SEC schedule and no out of conference games  we play 5 games.  If the smaller schools on our schedule insist on playing us because they need the pay day would we just pay them but play an SEC game instead?  Changing the schedule is not that easy it would take a lot of juggling plus possibly breaking legal contracts. 

What happens if we cancel season and then later this year a Vaccine becomes available do we try and play a late Winter/Spring football Season?  

i was looking forward to the nc game. they say brown got some quality coaches and are on the rise. i love their blue uni's but i was kinda hoping we could change the colors to bably blue and brown.........lol. not sure if all of you will get that.

54 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Everybody seems to be assuming we would replace NC game with another SEC game. Is that conjecture or has SEC mentioned that may happen? Second why does everybody say Tenn. as opposed to another East team (Vandy, SC, Mizzou, Fla. KY.) is it because it is only East team with that open date or are you saying we will play all the East SEC teams also or a subset of them?  If we play our current SEC schedule and no out of conference games  we play 5 games.  If the smaller schools on our schedule insist on playing us because they need the pay day would we just pay them but play an SEC game instead?  Changing the schedule is not that easy it would take a lot of juggling plus possibly breaking legal contracts. 

What happens if we cancel season and then later this year a Vaccine becomes available do we try and play a late Winter/Spring football Season?  

Because one of the most reliable posters on this forum has stated that there has been thought circling around playing Tennessee 

The ACC cancelling non-con games seems like they made that decision with a broad brush. So FSU can travel to Syracuse but not Gainesville?  I'm all for the safety of the players, coaches, and the families of all involved but that doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

*To be clear this is not a politically slanted post, I put health over everything as someone who is immuno-compromised but I feel like geographic proximity should hold more importance than conference affiliation.

Archived