Null



Sign in to follow this  
auburn4ever

All Things AU & SEC Football Schedules (Threads Merged)

Recommended Posts

No way should FSU be traveling to New York. Their in the hot zone.

Edited by auburn4ever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




6 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Now way should FSU be traveling to New York. Their in the hot zone.

Huh?  New York isn't allowing people from Florida to come in right now because they've gotten COVID under better control up there.  You want to go to NY right now and live in Texas, Alabama, Florida, etc, then you have to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival.  I work in NYC a lot and am on travel hold because they won't allow folks from Texas in without the quarantine.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Now way should FSU be traveling to New York. Their in the hot zone.

NY? Not anymore. NY is doing pretty well now. The hot zones are Florida, Texas, Alabama, Georgia, and so on. (California too.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tiger said:

The ACC cancelling non-con games seems like they made that decision with a broad brush. So FSU can travel to Syracuse but not Gainesville?  I'm all for the safety of the players, coaches, and the families of all involved but that doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I don't think the ACC has released any scheduling as yet. Who says FSU will be going to Syracuse or vice versa? With New York's mandatory quarantine in place for people coming in from states like Florida, FSU to Syracuse seems iffy...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

I thought I saw where FSU plays @ Syracuse this year. I apologize if I miss read something.

I think it was at FSU last season so that’s probably correct.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything on who Auburn might try to get for our season opener and if the Tigers will reschedule Alcorn State like some where in the late 2020's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 If they go to the rumored eight SEC opponents plus one out of conference, then there will be no replacement 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard on the radio (so it has to be true HAHA) the other day that if they go to the all conference games + 1 out of conference game then the teams that get dropped from the schedule may sue to get their guaranteed money.  If you are Alcon State for instance and Auburn keeps it's out of conference game with NC they could say, well if you can play 1 out of conference game why can't be us?  So basically larger schools will still have to pay those smaller schools that were guaranteed money.  I know obviously the whole pandemic has skewed things and a lot of things like "guaranteed money" in this case are getting reworked.  But if you are a smaller school, and we all know a lot of their athletic budget and more depends on those big payday's in playing the larger schools, then you almost will have to take this stance of "if you can play 1 out of conference game why can't it be us?".  I guess it all depends on how the contracts are written.

(Yes for those "forum cops" out there I know the NC game is played in ATL and not in Auburn so is a little different, just using it as reference.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AUfan_UAgrad said:

I heard on the radio (so it has to be true HAHA) the other day that if they go to the all conference games + 1 out of conference game then the teams that get dropped from the schedule may sue to get their guaranteed money.  If you are Alcon State for instance and Auburn keeps it's out of conference game with NC they could say, well if you can play 1 out of conference game why can't be us?  So basically larger schools will still have to pay those smaller schools that were guaranteed money.  I know obviously the whole pandemic has skewed things and a lot of things like "guaranteed money" in this case are getting reworked.  But if you are a smaller school, and we all know a lot of their athletic budget and more depends on those big payday's in playing the larger schools, then you almost will have to take this stance of "if you can play 1 out of conference game why can't it be us?".  I guess it all depends on how the contracts are written.

(Yes for those "forum cops" out there I know the NC game is played in ATL and not in Auburn so is a little different, just using it as reference.)

Not an attorney nor do I know the full ramifications of the guaranteed money requirement but we did not pull out of the game with alcorn st. they are the ones that pulled out by the SWAC moving their season to the spring.  do not know where we stand with other non conference games.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Carnell said:

Not an attorney nor do I know the full ramifications of the guaranteed money requirement but we did not pull out of the game with alcorn st. they are the ones that pulled out by the SWAC moving their season to the spring.  do not know where we stand with other non conference games.

Gotcha.  Yeah if they pull out of the game then no guaranteed money obviously but I have a feeling this scenario will happen somewhere in the College Football World if any conference goes to a all conference +1 out of conference game.  They will have some small school that gets dropped from their schedule in which case the small school did not pull out of the game......so then what?  Do you pay them their $$$$$ or just say "well sucks to be you".  Afraid there will be a few smaller schools have to drop some sports due to not getting their payday.  Going to the all conference schedule and not paying those smaller schools pretty much says "well sucks to be you" smaller school.  Just a big mess all around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

folks on scout forums and tiger droppings saying Troy is a rumored replacement. Gus would find a brick thrown through his window faster than bill curry if he lost to an in-state school coached by one of his proteges

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m interested to hear if the ACC lets the UNC game stick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

folks on scout forums and tiger droppings saying Troy is a rumored replacement. Gus would find a brick thrown through his window faster than bill curry if he lost to an in-state school coached by one of his proteges

Id love playing Troy or UAB, im pretty sure Alabama's rhetoric for not playing them is kinda like what you're saying, struggling against an instate fodder team will come back to bite you with at least one recruit. Its low reward, high risk I suppose 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Id love playing Troy or UAB, im pretty sure Alabama's rhetoric for not playing them is kinda like what you're saying, struggling against an instate fodder team will come back to bite you with at least one recruit. Its low reward, high risk I suppose 

its hard to believe Auburn & UAB have only met once in Football  (96) UABs Clark has reportedly said hes willing to have a few football games with both Alabama & Auburn

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Win4AU said:

I’m interested to hear if the ACC lets the UNC game stick.

im assuming most are waiting see what the SEC decides to do. i thought the game had reportedly already been cancelled

Edited by KnightTiger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alcorn State dropped Auburn, we didn't drop them. So I don't see that owe them any amount of money.

Edited by auburn4ever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's hard to believe it's been that long since we played UAB at Jordan-Hare Stadium on Aug. 31, 1996.

Edited by auburn4ever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, KnightTiger said:

its hard to believe Auburn & UAB have only met once in Football  (96) UABs Clark has reportedly said hes willing to have a few football games with both Alabama & Auburn

I think they (and this is me thinking from their perspective, not projecting or anything. Just a guess) view playing the HBCUs in state as something that gives a kickback to schools that would benefit more from it, on top of not viewing them as football competition. Also would probably endear them to a few minorities, with how routine Auburn plays HBCUs. That's why I figure they're so cool w/scheduling them but wouldnt schedule UAB or Troy no matter how awful those programs are.

On some level, Auburn does contend with a couple guys every couple years with those two programs, and you just don't want to even give their HC the pitch "well you saw we went into JHS and was (yadda yadda) from winning that"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

whats the difference between an alcorn and an acorn?

Edited by aubiefifty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

whats the difference between an alcorn and an acorn?

An L! LOL
 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Alcorn State dropped Auburn, we didn't drop them. So don't see that owe them any amount of money.

This ^ SWAC postponed all sports till spring

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

As of this post, the date would be left vacant.

folks on tigerdroppings saying the ACC has finalized its +1 schedule and that the following games likely stick "IF" season is played

Auburm/UNC

Florida/FSU

Georgia/Georgia Tech

Kentucky/Louisville

South Carolina/Clemson

 

then im guessing the rest look like this

Arkansas/Notre Dame

LSU/Texas

Ole Miss/Baylor

Tennessee/Oklahoma

Mississippi Stare/NC State

Vandy/K-State

Mizzou/BYU

bammer,  would be the only one remaining needing an opponent bammer is reportedly replacing USC with BYU. however BYU is also on mizzous schedule

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this