All Things AU & SEC Football Schedules (Threads Merged)

auburn4ever

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Acc has agreed to ditch the UNC game, so that opens us up to play Tenn that weekend in Knoxville. (Per whispers.)

That would technically be our first game. Unless we replace Alcorn with another east opponent on week 1 

12 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Interesting...that would seemingly make the schedule more fair. 

2 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Interesting...that would seemingly make the schedule more fair. 

It would be the best draw we could possibly hope for.  Getting USC, Kentucky, and Mizzou from the east while playing at Bama and UGA with limited fans?  That's a dream scenario.

24 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

I just don’t see it happening (i e Saban will pitch a fit.)

So status quo

4 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

As mentioned a couple weeks ago, this is a go as long as a couple people sign off...

Tenn is one opponent, and I believe we are haggling over the second. (I keep hearing Vandy to come here to replace UMass.) 

just cus i am a wonderful guy i wanted to tell you jacks has their bacon egg and cheese biscuits on sale............grins.

Will division still be in play? Or will they abolish division like the ACC did. I hope the latter, divisions are stupid. Just put the top two SEC teams in the SEC championship game.

I hope if we have this season it'll influence fans and future seasons. Make people realize how dumb cupcake games are (rather just not even have them). An 10 game SEC only schedule would make for a great season.

The ACC has already designed its football season parameters for the coming season. The SEC has not. Here's the deal.

Auburn vs UNC in Atlanta will not happen. However, there is still the possibility of an Auburn vs UNC game this year. The ACC scheduling parameters allows teams to schedule a non-conference opponent, so long as the game is played within the state of the ACC team. So, given that rule, Auburn could still play UNC at a location within the state of North Carolina.

Of course, we don't know what kind of conference limitations will be used for SEC teams this year. And since UNC is likely to be the 2nd best team in the ACC this year, Auburn might feel happy to get out of this game. But Auburn is still looking for games to fill the schedule, so the possibility is still there.

1 hour ago, AURex said:

The ACC has already designed its football season parameters for the coming season. The SEC has not. Here's the deal.

Auburn vs UNC in Atlanta will not happen. However, there is still the possibility of an Auburn vs UNC game this year. The ACC scheduling parameters allows teams to schedule a non-conference opponent, so long as the game is played within the state of the ACC team. So, given that rule, Auburn could still play UNC at a location within the state of North Carolina.

Of course, we don't know what kind of conference limitations will be used for SEC teams this year. And since UNC is likely to be the 2nd best team in the ACC this year, Auburn might feel happy to get out of this game. But Auburn is still looking for games to fill the schedule, so the possibility is still there.

I don't know why AU would want to go to UNC to play this game. If I were in charge of such things, I'd tell them to come to ATL or get lost.

31 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

that should be an easy 10 win schedule if they push thru the USC/Missouri thing

One would hope so.  But in Gus I do not trust.

48 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I don't know why AU would want to go to UNC to play this game. If I were in charge of such things, I'd tell them to come to ATL or get lost.

If they played it, probably would be in Charlotte.

I would actually like to see us reach out to Miami and try to play them in Jacksonville.  They lost their non-conference game with Michigan State.  Jacksonville is about the same distance for us and Miami, allows for Miami to stay within the state and follow ACC rules, plus gives us a name opponent who's a little weaker than UNC. 

We’re already playing Ole Miss, MSU, UGAy and UAT on the road. If they’re insisting playing in NC, I’d say no thanks, whether it’s in Charlotte or Chapel Hill. I’d rather play UT in Knoxville to possibly get some revenge for 2018 than play UNC randomly. The Miami matchup is intriguing though.

Auburn consistently plays some of the toughest schedules in the nation. We don’t need to play UNC this year. Let’s let Bama play them and they can swap their BYU game with us. 

Lose lose for Auburn to play UNC.  This would be up there with playing Clemson for UNC not so much for Auburn.  Cut bait and play a cupcake to get reps for the offense.

Playing the next East teams is my preferred choice.  1) It’d be the easiest choice as far as the current rotation the SEC is using.  2) Pruitt has UT trending in the right direction and we don’t need to be his second statement win when we were already his first 3) Auburn deserves a break schedule wise.  Next year is another meat grinder with Penn State, TaMu, and LSU on the road.  Let Bama deal with a tough schedule for once.

As much fun as it will be playing this many SEC teams, it will be pretty brutal for our team to get through speaking solely on the wear and tear.

11 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

It would be the best draw we could possibly hope for.  Getting USC, Kentucky, and Mizzou from the east while playing at Bama and UGA with limited fans?  That's a dream scenario.

Agree with most of this, but I would substitute Kentucky with Vanderbilt as long as we are talking about having the easiest schedule. But agree it would be a really nice scenario. 

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Auburn consistently plays some of the toughest schedules in the nation. We don’t need to play UNC this year. Let’s let Bama play them and they can swap their BYU game with us. 

Everyone is going to play a tough schedule this year.  Expanded conference seasons pretty much ensure that.

If we do play this will be the best thing ever! Would love to open up with Tennessee . That’s how you prove to recruits where they should go 

40 minutes ago, DAG said:

If we do play this will be the best thing ever! Would love to open up with Tennessee . That’s how you prove to recruits where they should go 

wins help. i am still mad about our loss to tennessee. we looked terrible to me.

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

wins help. i am still mad about our loss to tennessee. we looked terrible to me.

Me too buddy me too. I hate that they can hang that over our heads 

Archived