All Things AU & SEC Football Schedules (Threads Merged)

auburn4ever

If this is what is going to happen then what are we going to do come end of season?  We beat each other up for 10 games; for what?  If we can't play teams outside of the conference then how is there going to be a playoff?  There won't be.  So we get 10 games for UAt to claim another title because somebody will say they are #1 and therefore they will claim title 23rd or 45th or whatever they are at today.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Me too buddy me too. I hate that they can hang that over our heads 

sorry wrong thread.

i am not sure that jimbo still has it and mond has just been too erratic. but i am sure folks have gotten a few talking points with some of guses screwups to maybe put us behind them? still we beat them pretty regularly. but again i am just a fan.

9 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

If this is what is going to happen then what are we going to do come end of season?  We beat each other up for 10 games; for what?  If we can't play teams outside of the conference then how is there going to be a playoff?  There won't be.  So we get 10 games for UAt to claim another title because somebody will say they are #1 and therefore they will claim title 23rd or 45th or whatever they are at today.

Players want to play football and more importantly want film for the next level.   

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Players want to play football and more importantly want film for the next level.   

And the games will be on TV and advertisers will pay big money to have their ads shown during those broadcasts and conferences will get a big fat cut of all that ad revenue. 

If any games are played at all, of course.

If I was in charge, I'll forgo the idea of playing North Carolina and try to schedule an in state school. UAB, Troy, South Alabsma, Alabama A&M, Samford, Alabama State or Jacksonville State.

I'd like to have a rematch with Florida and Tennessee and maybe throw in Vandy for the heck of it.

48 minutes ago, DAG said:

Sure but if colleges are not traveling, then what is that for the NFL?  I can't imagine what the NFL is going to do this year or basically until there is a vaccine.

6 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Sure but if colleges are not traveling, then what is that for the NFL?  I can't imagine what the NFL is going to do this year or basically until there is a vaccine.

The NFL will do exactly what baseball is doing.

Colleges can still play conference games and kids can get film out there.  I'll worry about the national title debate later.  Right now, I'm just excited we might actually play some games.

29 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

If I was in charge, I'll forgo the idea of playing North Carolina and try to schedule an in state school. UAB, Troy, South Alabsma, Alabama A&M, Samford, Alabama State or Jacksonville State.

Might not be possible given their respective conferences' scheduling rules. But there are plenty of ACC or Big XII teams we could potentially schedule that would perform the same function... Pitt, Boston College, Wake Forest, Texas Tech... And that's just listing the perennial bottom-dwellers let alone some bigger names that I believe we should be better than.

But I agree offering up a free away-game to a conference championship contender like North Carolina isn't a good deal.

Of course we don't know what their attendance rules will be either. What is a home game without the home crowd? I kinda fancy the idea that the NCAA should take a page out of WWE and play games in tiny venues like the Fargo Dome or Crampton Bowl. For that matter, why not play it in the practice domes... Playing in a near-empty stadium is depressing enough.

1 hour ago, LKEEL75 said:

My biggest fear is that the preseason polls will come out, place Alabama at number 1, and then the entire season gets cancelled, and the unwashed masses claim another Natty despite never even touching field... And of course the national sports media will enable their fantasies as they gush over their 2020 accomplishments 🤮

20 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

I don’t know what you mean? Film is film. So if the SEC plays 10 conference games and call it a day that does not diminish the value of play. The NFL will play at all cost it seems . They aren’t taking nearly the same amount of steps as the NBA.

2 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

I’m sure there will be an SEC championship (ACC has already said they’re having one) and I think they’ll figure out how to play the 4 team playoff. Just my opinion. 

Auburn Gold Mine (@AUGoldMine) Tweeted:
SEC presidents leaning toward 10-game league-only schedule in Thursday meeting as ESPN presses league to play.

Auburn adds game at South Carolina and home game vs. Missouri. Auburn crowds limited to 15,000-25,000

▶ SEC presidents responsible for 465,000 students in a pandemic. https://t.co/uPdCytC8oo

I don't think AD Greene will go for playing UNC as their only OOC opponent while other SEC teams probably are going to try to schedule an OOC game that is a warm up win before having to play 10 SEC teams.  Auburn is going to want to at least have a warm up game with someone they can guarantee a win AND play it at home.

The other problem is the only place Auburn and UNC could play is Charlotte, and then you have to work around any scheduling issues w/ the Carolina Panthers.

Just don't see it happening....

19 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

As mentioned a couple weeks ago, this is a go as long as a couple people sign off...

Tenn is one opponent, and I believe we are haggling over the second. (I keep hearing Vandy to come here to replace UMass.) 

I'm not as connected as you @passthebiscuits but I'm still hearing & reading a 10 games yes but a complete revamping of the schedule with no divisions like the ACC just did.

• ellitor changed the title to All Things AU & SEC Football Schedules (Threads Merged)

FWIW JGT says expect SEC to make an announcement on a 10 game only or 10 +1 non con game schedule today 

Schedules still expected to be totally revamped.

AU still wants UNC & that's part of a hold up between a con only sched or 10+1 sched

57 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I'm not as connected as you @passthebiscuits but I'm still hearing & reading a 10 games yes but a complete revamping of the schedule with no divisions like the ACC just did.

These are just whispers around the complex. I’ve heard Missouri and South Carolina on these boards. I do know that AU and UNC are trying hard to keep the CFA game as is. 

Archived