10 Game Conference Only Schedule Approved (Merged)

toddc

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/SEC-presidents-approve-10-game-conference-only-schedule-149696475/

SEC presidents approve 10-game, conference-only schedule

9492274.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offs (Photo: Chuck Cook, USA TODAY Sports)

SEC presidents have adopted a plan to play a 10-game conference-only schedule, starting on Sept. 26, according to a Sports Illustrated report. The SEC Championship  Game will be played on Dec. 19.

The presidents, including Auburn's Jay Gogue, followed the recommendations of a majority of athletics directors. It is unclear what impact the later starting date will have on the start of preseason camp or what the schedule will look like.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds good to me.  Let the kids get back to school and see if things get worse or stay stable.  Now we wait for exact details.  Also should be cooling off by Sept 26 so those that do get to go won’t melt.

5 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

if this is true, we arguably got the best draw in the SEC for once 

Looks like he's projecting advancing the next two conference opponents as was rumored.  Based on that we should see Auburn travel to Vandy next year and get Florida at home in 2022.  That Florida game should be massive. 

2022 home schedule will include home games against LSU, Penn State, and Florida.  Can I go ahead and reserve my seats?

Wonder when the new schedules will be in place. I’m in a wedding on October 17th (original A&M weekend), and it would be clutch if that turns into an away game haha. Knowing my luck, it’ll probably be the LSU weekend. 

1 minute ago, WarEagle2423 said:

Wonder when the new schedules will be in place. I’m in a wedding on October 17th (original A&M weekend), and it would be clutch if that turns into an away game haha. Knowing my luck, it’ll probably be the LSU weekend. 

I haven't looked at everyone's schedule side by side but I'd figure it'd be easy just to keep everyone in the same order and just start Sept 26.  I would assume that would keep teams from overlapping.  I'd assume you'd leave the back half of the schedule open for any makeup games that need to be rescheduled?  

17 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Shocking isn't it? And looks like Florida and Missouri have what should be the toughest ones. 

38 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Just a bit ago Finebaum said to hold on, this may not be the case.  We'll see soon enough I guess.

They need to have a February only signing date also in place!

44 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Well it’s about time😊

Every game of every week will have profound implications without the cupcakes to roll over! Should be pretty exciting 

5 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

UGA got the best one but I think we got the best one in the West.

5 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

UGA got the best one but I think we got the best one in the West.

Depending on when that Miss St game is, I wouldn't say that. Schrader is a very capable QB and UGA had most of their problems last season on defense against guys who could get it off deep. IDK how the talent looks like, but Leach could be an odd matchup. We play a Missouri team that just lost their lead QB and I believe USC lost their lead RB and WR w/o looking it up. and neither had a good defense last year. and both arent gonna get up for a game like Miss St's crowd would. (plus Pittman has some familiarity with UGA, which may help IDK) 

I still don’t think any games get played until spring.  This stuff is not letting up.  I think a week or so before September 26 the season will be canceled or they will agree to play a few games at the end of spring practice.

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Depending on when that Miss St game is, I wouldn't say that. Schrader is a very capable QB and UGA had most of their problems last season on defense against guys who could get it off deep. IDK how the talent looks like, but Leach could be an odd matchup. We play a Missouri team that just lost their lead QB and I believe USC lost their lead RB and WR w/o looking it up. and neither had a good defense last year. and both arent gonna get up for a game like Miss St's crowd would. (plus Pittman has some familiarity with UGA, which may help IDK) 

The Pirates teams tend to really struggle during his early tenure as they adjust to his style. 

Archived