10 Game Conference Only Schedule Approved (Merged)

toddc

SIAP but apparently JGT was expecting the opponents, but not the actual schedule, to be named for each SEC team yesterday but didn't happen because apparently administrators were not happy with SOS disparities between teams.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, ellitor said:

SIAP but apparently JGT was expecting the opponents, but not the actual schedule, to be named for each SEC team yesterday but didn't happen because apparently administrators were not happy with SOS disparities between teams.

There is no way the SEC is going to get the SOS right.  They should do the next two divisional opponents and let the chips fall where they may.  That’s honestly the fairest way.  

2 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

There is no way the SEC is going to get the SOS right.  They should do the next two divisional opponents and let the chips fall where they may.  That’s honestly the fairest way.  

Phlllip just said the schedules were supposed to be announced yesterday or today but the school admins are still fighting over who gets to play who.

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Phlllip just said the schedules were supposed to be announced yesterday or today but the school admins are still fighting over who gets to play who.

When the dust clears, we'll find out who has the strongest cajones. I'll be surprised if Auburn get's a good draw. 

6 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

When the dust clears, we'll find out who has the strongest cajones. I'll be surprised if Auburn get's a good draw. 

Supposedly teams are fighting to get the better, more competitive games to make it as appealing as possible for the TV executives

32 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Anyone know when the SEC will release the 2020 schedules?

March 19th 2021

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Vanderbilt is very popular I hear. :)

Maybe I’ve lost my competitive edge but Georgia, LSU, TaMu, and Bama are plenty of high end TV games for a 10 game schedule.  Arkansas is the only “easy” game I see on Auburn’s schedule.  I’ll take USC and Mizzou over playing Florida or against Pruitt.  Maybe Chad will reverse the Pruitt curse but why push the issue?

Just now, Win4AU said:

Maybe I’ve lost my competitive edge but Georgia, LSU, TaMu, and Bama are plenty of high end TV games for a 10 game schedule.  Arkansas is the only “easy” game I see on Auburn’s schedule.  I’ll take USC and Mizzou over playing Florida or against Pruitt.  Maybe Chad will reverse the Pruitt curse but why push the issue?

It's not AU pushing it.  It's the conference pushing for more "big games".  Makes tv contracts more lucrative, which we all share revenue in.  In a year where fans will be limited, maximizing TV revenue with bigger games has to be considered.

21 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I’ll take USC and Mizzou over playing Florida or against Pruitt.

As @passthebiscuits has pointed out a handful of times there are people in the AU that want the Vols FWIW & I do too.

23 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

why push the issue?

payback for a sickening loss.

Im a fan of both of these old school type games, but “IF” this happened, it would be pretty telling that they are really trying to give bama the “easy” schedule. Basically giving our originally proposed schedule to bama while giving us UF and then letting LSU play Vandy instead of UT

7 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Im a fan of both of these old school type games, but “IF” this happened, it would be pretty telling that they are really trying to give bama the “easy” schedule. Basically giving our originally proposed schedule to bama while giving us UF and then letting LSU play Vandy instead of UT

As much as I would love a rematch with Tennessee and Florida I would not be okay with giving Alabama USCe and Missouri.  That schedule would be way too brutal for us.  We would have no healthy players left by the time the Iron Bowl rolls around.

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

As much as I would love a rematch with Tennessee and Florida I would not be okay with giving Alabama USCe and Missouri.  That schedule would be way too brutal for us.  We would have no healthy players left by the time the Iron Bowl rolls around.

It would be really clear they are favoring Alabama if they passed this schedule, but honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if they did. Given that we drew USCe and Mizzou, I wouldn’t be surprised if someone “complained”

Whats the difference in taking the next 2 opponents and the last 2 opponents in the rotation?  Why over complicate this?

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

Whats the difference in taking the next 2 opponents and the last 2 opponents in the rotation?  Why over complicate this?

To help Alabama would be my guess. I mean, if they picked that schedule it doesn’t look like they care about hiding it.

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

It would be really clear they are favoring Alabama if they passed this schedule, but honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if they did. Given that we drew USCe and Mizzou, I wouldn’t be surprised if someone “complained”

I'm vehemently anti-LBS but this ain't that. I agree with you. That would be patently ridiculous under any circumstances, but especially with us already playing uga. For all we know, Vandy and Kentucky could be better than USCe and Mizzou. 

I'm listening to Finebaum for the first time in awhile and he was saying some of the coaches are pitching fits about the schedules.  Only one person came to mind.

6 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I'm listening to Finebaum for the first time in awhile and he was saying some of the coaches are pitching fits about the schedules.  Only one person came to mind.

College Football's Highest Paid Coaches Get Big Raises in '12 ...

Sports Sound Off: Nick Saban has explaining to do after Alabama's ...

Nick Saban's wife had a punishment waiting for him at home after ...

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

it would be pretty telling that they are really trying to give bama the “easy” schedule

Not necessarily. Supposedly most of the bigger teams, if not all, were politicing for the better games. Unfortunately Bama is a big seller virtually with no matter who they are playing.

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

We would have no healthy players left by the time the Iron Bowl rolls around

Very possible the Iron Bowl is not at the end of the season.

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

We've actually been politicing for the Vols. Wouldn't be surprised if our bras was politicing for UF too due to the rivalry & the better TV opportunity.

Archived