Erase One Play

AUFriction

I have 2 plays I would like to change.  First in the 1974 Iron Bowl (and no it is not  making the correct call on Thomas Gossum's catch) but on our last possession on the game.   We had all year run a tight end reverse to Dan Nugent with real good success.  On our possession we were going to fake the reverse and throw a pass.  About the time the receiver was about to break open an oline missed a block on a linebacker and he caused our QB to fumble.  What would have been had the oline made the block.

The second play was the 2002 georgia.  The play before they threw their winning TD reception, our corner was in perfect location to make the int but our safety jumped the route and knocked the ball down before our corner could make the int. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, bigbird said:

2013 was a gift anyways. Who really thought Sparty was gonna knock off OSU. Should've won it, but it was all house money.

People in MI at the time sure thought it was possible. I lived up there at the time, and a lot of the state fans thought OSU was overrated as heck.

On 7/31/2020 at 8:49 AM, AUFriction said:

Tre Mason scoring on a reach out in the NC in the last 2 minutes. If he hadn’t scored so quickly, we kill the clock, and FSU has no chance to score the go ahead TD.

Yep. he should have fallen down on the 1 yard line. We could have milked 40 more seconds off the clock. That's the first thing I thought of when he scored.  We would have won anyway if our 2 db's hadn't collided on that short pass that turned into about 50-60 yd play.

Another one that stands out is the LSU Earthquake Game.

We allowed their running back to be wide open on 2 consecutive plays; same play, same player. He dropped the 1st pass I believe and then he caught the 2nd one for the game winning TD. Terrrrrrrrible defensive coaching to not adjust to that play the 2nd time.

Gus' decision to make the kickoff returnable in the NC game in '13.  That TD return was the point when I knew.

12 hours ago, kennypowers said:

Gus' decision to make the kickoff returnable in the NC game in '13.  That TD return was the point when I knew.

You think Gus told the kicker to kick it short so it could be returned? Not likely.

Have 2 plays....2013 NC game...the holding penalty on Greg Robinson in the 3rd quarter when we just busted a run down inside the 20...there was no hold.....and in '74 at Florida, we got the ball inside their 10 and getting ready to score the winning TD we're called for false start (right call)....the one who moved was away from the play, had nothing to do with the play...we only lost 2 games that year and should have won the Iron Bowl too..

On 8/7/2020 at 10:01 AM, ArgoEagle said:

Another one that stands out is the LSU Earthquake Game.

We allowed their running back to be wide open on 2 consecutive plays; same play, same player. He dropped the 1st pass I believe and then he caught the 2nd one for the game winning TD. Terrrrrrrrible defensive coaching to not adjust to that play the 2nd time.

Quentin Riggins has often said it was so loud, the secondary did not hear the call he yelled out. The defensive coaching was correct.

On 8/7/2020 at 9:56 AM, ArgoEagle said:

Yep. he should have fallen down on the 1 yard line. We could have milked 40 more seconds off the clock.

Nope. FSU had two timeouts left.

Archived