2023 5* PG Scoot Henderson

gravejd

Keep an eye and ear out for this name over the next couple seasons. Top rated PG out of Marietta, GA. I can't seem to find the article but i read where he is working out with Jared Harper and is very close with our coaching staff.
12 early offers including AU, Bama, Florida, FSU, UGA, Louisville, Ole Miss, Vols, Texas Tech, Wake Forest, Xavier

• Like 2

6-3   PG in high school?   5*

Wow, he will continue to climb  in the national rankings with that kind of length.

Crazy

10 hours ago, Beaker said:

6-3   PG in high school?   5*

Wow, he will continue to climb  in the national rankings with that kind of length.

Crazy

He's 12th in 247's personal rankings of recruits, Rivals has him at 19 (recently down from 18) and ESPN has him at 26th. I don't know how ESPN does in moving guys in this sports, but they're definitely the anchor dragging him down right now. A Jaden Bradley is ahead of him in every PG rankings, and in the ones where a Dior Johnson is listed at PG, he's also ahead of him at that position. I know the latter is a massive name, so I don't see him jumping him regardless 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

• Love 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2020 at 8:55 AM, fishepa said:

JBoy confidence up to 95% on this pick to AU.

That's great and all, but Scoot hasn't set a commitment date. Like them putting confidence in guys like Kool-aid and Scoob before they have a commitment date (who aren't going to AU now after their 95% confidence predictions, which get changed at times), it's all just a guess. 

• Like 3

On 10/23/2020 at 9:54 AM, jared52 said:

That's great and all, but Scoot hasn't set a commitment date. Like them putting confidence in guys like Kool-aid and Scoob before they have a commitment date (who aren't going to AU now after their 95% confidence predictions, which get changed at times), it's all just a guess. 

In their defense, this isn’t AU football.  Bruce plays the game as well as anyone!  Gus is completely owned by all of our legit competition.  

Secondly, it’s recruiting.  Kids with that many options and influences can change their minds a hundred times in a minute!  So it may be 95% likely right now, and 0% tomorrow.  

• Like 1

On 10/23/2020 at 9:54 AM, jared52 said:

I mean the 5% represents the possibility of the football season being an absolute catastrophe. But even then, any source you would've found had those croots going to Auburn around the same time those dudes made their predictions. The numbers and locks and all that is a rigmarole to me 

Maybe you're just saying this to get people to temper their expectations, and that's perfectly fine. 

4 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Secondly, it’s recruiting.  Kids with that many options and influences can change their minds a hundred times in a minute!  So it may be 95% likely right now, and 0% tomorrow.

completely true. Idk how they present their 95%, but crystal balls and future casts were made for some of these guys and that's generally the pundit saying that the current info he has makes him think it's a virtual lock, at that moment. That's no different than these "locks" those dudes give. 

This isn't me defending them either, I think it's equally helpful as just telling people "be weary" 

• 4 weeks later...

Just watched him go head up with Mikey Williams. Scoot has a NBA mid range game right now. I'm not exaggerating, very rare to see a high school guy that takes and makes good shots like that. I don't know if we stand a chance for him or not but if we don't get him just know the didn't want him anyway posts would be completely fabricated or at least the he's not that good posts I should say

• Like 3

On 11/29/2020 at 3:00 PM, cole256 said:

Just watched him go head up with Mikey Williams. Scoot has a NBA mid range game right now. I'm not exaggerating, very rare to see a high school guy that takes and makes good shots like that. I don't know if we stand a chance for him or not but if we don't get him just know the didn't want him anyway posts would be completely fabricated or at least the he's not that good posts I should say

Kid is the real deal 

• 1 month later...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dude fried JD and his team in I think early November, who seems to be a consensus top 15 pick in the ‘22 draft. If you can get Powell + some of these other youngins to line up with this guy, you’ll have a really competitive squad. Unfortunate that we’ll likely never see him with Cooper, Thor, Jabari or Flan though