2021 3* SDE Tobechi Okoli Commits to Auburn!

toddc

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Kansas-City-defensive-end-recruit-Tobechi-Okoli-commits-to-Auburn-Tigers-and-Gus-Malzahn-149754480/?utm_source=247Sports%20Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=200801_100128_AuburnTigers&utm_content=Link

Kansas City DE Tobechi Okoli commits to Auburn

ByKEITH NIEBUHR 

Auburn's commitment drought is over.

Having not landed a verbal since June 15, the Tigers started August with a bang Saturday when 3-star strong-side defensive end Tobechi Okoli of Kansas City (Mo.) Lincoln College Prep committed to Gus Malzahn's program.

He is pledge No. 11 for the Tigers. who moved from No. 34 to No. No. 28 in the 247Sports class rankings.

Okoli, who is listed at 6-feet-5, 250 pounds, is the No. 6 recruit in the state of Missouri for 247Sports and checks in as the No. 31 strong-side end in the country. He becomes the second defensive lineman on the 2021 Auburn commit list, joining 4-star tackle Lee Hunter of Eight Mile (Ala.) Blount.

Here is Okoli's 247Sports evaluation: Big, long body and has quickly gotten bigger and added good weight. Good athlete who can cover a lot of ground quickly and get off the ball. Shows aggressiveness. Has not played football for long and is still learning technique. Has to keep improving lateral agility as well. Big upside. Will need some time but has the athleticism and size to play for many schools around the country and have a shot at playing beyond college.

Auburn offered Okoli on May 16. That came just one month after Georgia offered. Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Southern California are some of the other programs to offer. 

Auburn still has approximately 11 or 12 spots left to fill in the 2021 class. The Tigers could take up to three more defensive linemen.

21 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Neat. 

What, no booms!

Boom boom 💥 booming boom 💥 

Okoli seems like the kind of recruit that would be climbing the rankings with the normal summer recruiting circuit. Only one year of 11 man football experience, tremendous upside. This is not a 3-star level talent, imo. 

• Like 1

War eagle and welcome to Aubrn. Great pickup at position of need.

Edited by AuburnNTexas

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

I bet Garner can’t wait to get his hands on him. 

cover10.jpg

• Haha 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 3* SDE Tobechi Okoli Commits to Auburn!
  • ellitor featured and pinned this topic
13 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I don’t mind projects when it comes to the DL. 

And Garner coaching them

• Love 1

With the offer list he’s got there must be a lot to like!

1 hour ago, toddc said:

With the offer list he’s got there must be a lot to like!

Especially only playing football 1 year.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Give me a talented raw DL being coached by garner any day. I always wonder what garner and co would’ve done with Tega

Such a similar recruiting profile. 

• Like 1

War Damn Eagle and WELCOME!!

I believe the Nigerian Nightmare played for KC...based on that alone, I love this kid!!  

Seriously, love the upside you fellas pointed out.