Photo from the first day of school in Paulding County, GA. What are your thoughts?

aubiefifty

18 hours ago, alexava said:

Well my kids started school Friday. Their choice. They went today. We just got a call from the nurse. A kid with symptoms was exposed to my son Friday. The kid was tested today. My son must stay home until the results come back negative. The weirdness is my daughter, who has been around my son every day doesn’t have to go in quarantine because she was not directly exposed. We will be shut down in less than two weeks. I still think we need to push on through it. 

My family dealt with a similar situation. My children’s father is an EMT/FF. His department ran a call for a man who later tested positive. Two EMT’s were exposed. Not knowing about the exposure,  they worked a call the next day with my kids dad. We were basically told by health officials that because he didn’t have direct exposure to the positive patient, he was clear. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, wdefromtx said:

Really, unless everyone is wearing the N95 masks there is still going to be a very good chance that transmission occurs. 

An 80% reduction in transmission from most cloth masks is still a substantial decrease. It's good to know that fleece neck gaiters do very little to stop transmission, though.

https://www.timesfreepress.com/news/local/story/2020/aug/10/tennessee-covid-19-hospitalizations-200-arewi/529494/#/questions/2791802

4 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

My family dealt with a similar situation. My children’s father is an EMT/FF. His department ran a call for a man who later tested positive. Two EMT’s were exposed. Not knowing about the exposure,  they worked a call the next day with my kids dad. We were basically told by health officials that because he didn’t have direct exposure to the positive patient, he was clear. 

The guidance we have received says to tell everyone who has been exposed to someone testing positive if they were closer than 6 feet for 15 minutes or longer at any time that day. We are not to contact anyone else. The guidance is you are not considered exposed if you are not directly exposed by someone who tests positive. 

2 minutes ago, savorytiger said:

An 80% reduction in transmission from most cloth masks is still a substantial decrease. It's good to know that fleece neck gaiters do very little to stop transmission, though.

https://www.timesfreepress.com/news/local/story/2020/aug/10/tennessee-covid-19-hospitalizations-200-arewi/529494/#/questions/2791802

Agreed

6 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

The guidance we have received says to tell everyone who has been exposed to someone testing positive if they were closer than 6 feet for 15 minutes or longer at any time that day. We are not to contact anyone else. The guidance is you are not considered exposed if you are not directly exposed by someone who tests positive. 

Our FD was told a contact lasting 10 minutes or longer.  So our EMT’s didn’t have over 10 minutes of contact with the patient. 

Two schools in the system I work for will not start school as scheduled tomorrow. The school system will not disclose the reason, but obviously it’s COVID related. Another school in another system has 34 students in quarantine. 
I doubt my school will make it two weeks. 

2 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

Two schools in the system I work for will not start school as scheduled tomorrow. The school system will not disclose the reason, but obviously it’s COVID related. Another school in another system has 34 students in quarantine. 

Just rumors right now but our school has way more than that in quarantine. No positive tests that I’m aware of yet. Ferris Beuller would have it easy these days. 

2 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

I expect a great number of students and some staff will be quarantined based on the guidelines school systems must follow. That doesn’t worry me as those students can easily go virtual and then back to school once they have followed the quarantine guidelines. I am hopeful very few if any students or staff who test positive will ever get hospitalized. If I see that occurring here it will make me strongly consider going virtual only. I don't expect this to happen, but only time will tell. I can tell you we have had a super first 2 days of school so far and for this I am thankful. I did speak to one of our teachers who was quarantined before school started because she was close to someone who tested positive before school started. She has absolutely no symptoms and she can’t wait to get into the classroom come Monday. Her sub actually FaceTimed her on the first day of school and she was able to see and to talk to her students. 

8 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

I expect a great number of students and some staff will be quarantined based on the guidelines school systems must follow. That doesn’t worry me as those students can easily go virtual and then back to school once they have followed the quarantine guidelines. I am hopeful very few if any students or staff who test positive will ever get hospitalized. If I see that occurring here it will make me strongly consider going virtual only. I don't expect this to happen, but only time will tell. I can tell you we have had a super first 2 days of school so far and for this I am thankful. I did speak to one of our teachers who was quarantined before school started because she was close to someone who tested positive before school started. She has absolutely no symptoms and she can’t wait to get into the classroom come Monday. Her sub actually FaceTimed her on the first day of school and she was able to see and to talk to her students. 

If only we had had a smart leader, Who didn’t label the disease a hoax, we wouldn’t be in this position today. It saddens me for my kid, my students who are starting their senior year. 

9 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

If only we had had a smart leader, Who didn’t label the disease a hoax, we wouldn’t be in this position today. It saddens me for my kid, my students who are starting their senior year. 

Another blatant lie. And there isn’t a human being on earth who could have stopped this virus from going through the globe after it got out of China. 

1 minute ago, SocialCircle said:

Another blatant lie. And there isn’t a human being on earth who could have stopped this virus from going through the globe after it got out of China. 

Everything you don’t like is a lie. For months Trump ignored this virus. He eliminated the pandemic response team. He even called this a hoax. He said it would go from 15 cases to zero. He has bungled this and Americans have died because of his incompetency. 

22 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Everything you don’t like is a lie. For months Trump ignored this virus. He eliminated the pandemic response team. He even called this a hoax. He said it would go from 15 cases to zero. He has bungled this and Americans have died because of his incompetency. 

Everyone in the world could have handled this virus better. No doubt there is plenty of blame to go around including things Trump did wrong. The worst decision in the US was the decision by those 5 governors including Cuomo who put elderly patients with active cases of COVID-19 back in those facilities with other elderly people who didn’t have the disease at the time. You also had people like DeBlasio and Pelosi encouraging large gatherings. There is plenty of blame to go around. The CDC let us down as it relates to testing. Fauci first said not to wear masks and then said to wear them. You can even blame our culture of liberty and freedom and the list could go on and on. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Ah. I see the "wait for people to die and then react" ethos is alive and well. 

As it the blame Trump for everything and nobody else. 

35 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

As it the blame Trump for everything and nobody else. 

trump IS to blame for a lot of crap. when you make claims like that and are supposedly educated then you either look like or become the cult.you know trump can barely read right? you claim to be patriotic but have no problem with him not saying anything when our kids were ambushed and some died while trump refused to listen to those claiming the bounties are false. you claim to love kids but you will vote again for the man not only putting them in cages but ripping children from families. he pisses on our allies while kissing up to murderous dictators like the north korea guy and of course putin. he makes a mockery of religion and uses it as a prop to win votes. and he gassed his on people who were having a lawful and peaceful protest. yep he hurt people because he got mad because someone said he was cowering in a bunker. i could go on and on but trump is his own worst enemy and yet his cult enables him every single day. let me be clear. there has never been as big a piece of trash as trump in office that i can ever remember. even some on your side see it. and if you think god made trump the chosen one you might need to see a shrink about that. you get mad at the left but you ignore the fact we are telling the truth with most of what is posted here.

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

trump IS to blame for a lot of crap. when you make claims like that and are supposedly educated then you either look like or become the cult.you know trump can barely read right? you claim to be patriotic but have no problem with him not saying anything when our kids were ambushed and some died while trump refused to listen to those claiming the bounties are false. you claim to love kids but you will vote again for the man not only putting them in cages but ripping children from families. he pisses on our allies while kissing up to murderous dictators like the north korea guy and of course putin. he makes a mockery of religion and uses it as a prop to win votes. and he gassed his on people who were having a lawful and peaceful protest. yep he hurt people because he got mad because someone said he was cowering in a bunker. i could go on and on but trump is his own worst enemy and yet his cult enables him every single day. let me be clear. there has never been as big a piece of trash as trump in office that i can ever remember. even some on your side see it. and if you think god made trump the chosen one you might need to see a shrink about that. you get mad at the left but you ignore the fact we are telling the truth with most of what is posted here.

Trump has his strengths and weaknesses just like all human beings.  I agree with his actions sometimes and I don't sometimes.  My opinion on things isn't dependent on what Trump or any politician does or doesn't do or even what any politician says or doesn't say. 

Meanwhile, you are blinded by hatred and critical of Trump while ignoring the same thing in other politicians.  One perfect example is above. You criticize Trump for "putting them in cages" but didn't mention that Obama started the practice.   

2 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

Trump has his strengths and weaknesses just like all human beings.  I agree with his actions sometimes and I don't sometimes.  My opinion on things isn't dependent on what Trump or any politician does or doesn't do or even what any politician says or doesn't say. 

Meanwhile, you are blinded by hatred and critical of Trump while ignoring the same thing in other politicians.  One perfect example is above. You criticize Trump for "putting them in cages" but didn't mention that Obama started the practice.   

that is because i have already mentioned it on other posts on here. trump is trying his hardest to destroy this country. you are an enabler along with your fellow cultists. you want to bang on guys kneeling during a peaceful protest but give a trump a complete pass as he basically just let the bounty on our kids go away.THAT kind of stuff is why i have no respect for him or you. anyone that runs around talking about how wonderful you and the jawja folks are for opening school and at the same time being ok with kids not having to wear masks make you look like a complete dummy. it sickens me. and if people are not mad as hell by now with trump YOU are part of the problem. this is way beyond the norm in politics. people get away with what is allowed and you guys are enablers. tell me this. why have so many republicans turned on trump? and i mean the smart ones. and you do not even realize most of the hardcore right wing folks voted for trump because they want the government destroyed.

Man, the number of people who come to the political forum and whine because people are talking about a sitting POTUS. (Particularly one whose entire career across multiple industries has been based on carnival barking and other forms of attention seeking.)

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

that is because i have already mentioned it on other posts on here. trump is trying his hardest to destroy this country. you are an enabler along with your fellow cultists. you want to bang on guys kneeling during a peaceful protest but give a trump a complete pass as he basically just let the bounty on our kids go away.THAT kind of stuff is why i have no respect for him or you. anyone that runs around talking about how wonderful you and the jawja folks are for opening school and at the same time being ok with kids not having to wear masks make you look like a complete dummy. it sickens me. and if people are not mad as hell by now with trump YOU are part of the problem. this is way beyond the norm in politics. people get away with what is allowed and you guys are enablers. tell me this. why have so many republicans turned on trump? and i mean the smart ones. and you do not even realize most of the hardcore right wing folks voted for trump because they want the government destroyed.

Some R never actually supported Trump because he isn't a globalist.  Others don't support him because he really isn't a conservative.  I'm sure others also have their reasons as well.  Some D support him because he is considered anti-establishment and others support him for various other reasons as well. He has more support from the African-American community than most other R, for example, because of the justice reform, his support of historically black colleges, opportunity zones, and other reasons. 

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Man, the number of people who come to the political forum and whine because people are talking about a sitting POTUS. (Particularly one whose entire career across multiple industries has been based on carnival barking and other forms of attention seeking.)

And some people whine about people pointing it out. 

2 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

Can we stop pretending that Trump is just like any politician or just some variation of normal amongst human beings?  He's not.  

8 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

Some R never actually supported Trump because he isn't a globalist.  Others don't support him because he really isn't a conservative.  I'm sure others also have their reasons as well.  Some D support him because he is considered anti-establishment and others support him for various other reasons as well. He has more support from the African-American community than most other R, for example, because of the justice reform, his support of historically black colleges, opportunity zones, and other reasons. 

i am gonna need a link for that. trump just turned the gestapo loose on blacks protesting peacefully as well as the ones burning and looting. 

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Can we stop pretending that Trump is just like any politician or just some variation of normal amongst human beings?  He's not.  

i realize i am more blunt on here than most but i do believe cj cares more about himself than he does the truth. he is on the board allowing school kids to go without face masks which endangers other students. he also loves children but he is throwing more under the bus like the children breaking the law and sitting in cages because he has already stated he will vote for trump again. can you imagine all those toddlers and five and six year old breaking the law titan? when people show this kind of behavior i do not think we come down on them hard enough. am i missing something? and titan do not hold your breath on the pretending thing.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

No way is he like any other politician I’ve ever seen in my lifetime and I never said otherwise. As a human being he does have his strengths and weaknesses just like everyone else. 

23 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

No way is he like any other politician I’ve ever seen in my lifetime and I never said otherwise. As a human being he does have his strengths and weaknesses just like everyone else. 

Yeah, except for most humans it's "strengths" and "weaknesses."  With Trump it's "strengths" and "WEAKNESSES!!!!!!!"

Archived