Next Season To Be Held in Bubble-ish Settings?

ellitor

I don’t see how you do this with college “amateurs”. I would be surprised if CBB didn’t go all conference though.

6 minutes ago, jared52 said:

I don’t see how you do this with college “amateurs”. I would be surprised if CBB didn’t go all conference though.

If they are taking online classes teams with the budget to fund it can do it. It may either be conference focused, followed by a tournament or a double elimination tournament.

I totally understand starting the season in a bubble like setting. You have to be on the safe side.  There has been speculation that a vaccine or vaccines may be available in the October time frame.  That should not change the start in a bubble concept but after about a month if it appears to be a proven vaccine then I could see incrementally opening up the fan base. Maybe limited number of people spread out with social distancing and if all works well with vaccine or vaccines then opening the whole way.  It is August and just because some companies say they will have a vaccine by October doesn't mean it will happen, it also doesn't mean that it will work as to get it out that quickly they have escalated testing protocols, and finally we don't know how soon will be able to be massed produced in the quantities that would be needed.

It is looking more and more like we will need a vaccine or enough people to have contacted and developed herd type protection before we can get back to anything resembling life before Covid-19 helped.

15 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

It is looking more and more like we will need a vaccine or enough people to have contacted and developed herd type protection before we can get back to anything resembling life before Covid-19 helped.

Not sure the herd things is real. The antibodies don't seem to be long lasting. My mom has caught it twice already.

Herd resistance is probably a better way to think of it.   This thing is here to stay.  It will get less deadly as time goes on and it really already has if you look at the data.  

34 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not sure the herd things is real. The antibodies don't seem to be long lasting. My mom has caught it twice already.

You could be right but others seem to have developed some level of immunity only time will tell as we learn more about it.  Even a vaccine if proven effective it might have to be like the flu vaccine adjusted each year for the way the virus has mutated. If herd thing doesn't work then the vaccine or vaccines and enough people taking them if they work.

• WarTiger changed the title to Next Season To Be Held in Bubble-ish Settings?

Archived