Nip Watch 2020

WarTim

Ok folks. Brighter days are ahead. Let’s hear about those sights-smells-feelings or sounds that tell you The Nip is just around the corner. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

golf and bird wearing their cheerleading skirts and pompoms? what do i win?

32 minutes ago, WarTim said:

Ok folks. Brighter days are ahead. Let’s hear about those sights-smells-feelings or sounds that tell you The Nip is just around the corner. 

Other than slight changes in sunrise, none for me just yet.............within days of it I tell ya😁

Thought I was going to die on 6pm run a couple of nights ago. Heat index greater than 100. Nip nowhere in sight in north Alabama right now. Discouraged....

High of 91 in Auburn today along with high humidity. Hadn't even thought about the Nip. Thought maybe it was cancelled due to Covid.

Last week, now that I'm in bluegrass country, morning temps in 50s and high around 72. Even got out the old high school football that doesn't hold air very long and played a little self catch.  Well it was a tease, back in the 90s and humid this week.  But I am looking forward to earlier Nip feelings in Kentucky compared to Louisiana.  Lol

19 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Do we know when the earliest, latest, and average nips have been called?

Definitely no light at the end of our tunnel in the Lowcountry.

Earliest was August 21. Latest Sept 4

14 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

High of 91 in Auburn today along with high humidity. Hadn't even thought about the Nip. Thought maybe it was cancelled due to Covid.

i might be coming to auburn this weeknd for a day trip cus i turn 65 sunday. you up for buying lunch? i have not been to auburn and have no idea where a great homemade burger or steak place might be.

8 minutes ago, WarTim said:

Earliest was August 21. Latest Sept 4

Always within a 2 week window. Interesting. 

Hearing a nip call- even from a different state, and even with football an uncertainty- in the next 2-3 weeks would do me some good. 

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Always within a 2 week window. Interesting. 

Hearing a nip call- even from a different state, and even with football an uncertainty- in the next 2-3 weeks would do me some good. 

Always call before first AU game. 

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Last week, now that I'm in bluegrass country, morning temps in 50s and high around 72. Even got out the old high school football that doesn't hold air very long and played a little self catch.  Well it was a tease, back in the 90s and humid this week.  But I am looking forward to earlier Nip feelings in Kentucky compared to Louisiana.  Lol

Jelly! 

51gFZgpUnQL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Band is up and going this week at our high school. Band camp in full swing, in the stadium and under the lights. Heard them rocking some “Living On A Prayer” last night. Even though it’s hot enough to melt your face off, that’s some nip. :) 

For me, there’s a distinctive smell...it’s not here yet...but it’s coming.

Nostalgia is often passed by smell and touch, given their processing through the Amygdala, the emotional seat of the brain.🤓 

13 hours ago, WarTim said:

I'm a superstition guy & the way things have been going lately I would have waited til the week of the 1st games with games still scheduled before creating a nip watch thread. Sure hope this ain't a jinx.

11 hours ago, fredst said:

Thought I was going to die on 6pm run a couple of nights ago. Heat index greater than 100.

@fredst Why in the Sam Hill are you running at that time of day? That's dangerous.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

I'm a superstition guy & the way things have been going lately I would have waited til the week of the 1st games with games still scheduled before creating a nip watch thread. Sure hope this ain't a jinx.

But if I change from the norm, couldn’t that be a jinx?😎

52 minutes ago, WarTim said:

But if I change from the norm, couldn’t that be a jinx?😎

Yes, we don't want to mess with our 8-4 standard. :poke:

On 8/12/2020 at 9:42 AM, aubiefifty said:

golf and bird wearing their cheerleading skirts and pompoms? what do i win?

You lose we would have to look at their legs.

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

You lose we would have to look at their legs.

now birds have weird legs and long toenails but i hear golf has some legs when they are shaved and tan. and why you wanna come in and hurt their feelings?  lol

What a weird nip year. I've got it now. But it's like going to strip club then you realize it's not topless. Just a change outfit club.

I hate to hijack this thread but are we doing man crush again? I don't want to start a thread about a thread. I mean, I would if this were a needlepoint forum.

Archived