2022 4* QB Cade Klubnik

ellitor

16 offers including AU, Baylor, LSU, Zona St., Miami, Nebraska, & Washngton
Keith believes Cade is one of AU's top 2 targets for 2022 along with Ty Simpson
AU in his top 3

Hopefully he wants to get away from home.. It seems like kids from Auburn go somewhere else hope that goes for kids from Austin to.

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Westlake has a long history of producing great QBs

Drew Brees and Nick Foles alma mater, correct?

37 minutes ago, AUinGA44 said:

Drew Brees and Nick Foles alma mater, correct?

Yep, Drew knocked us out in the 4th round both my junior and senior years. He was/is incredible. 

Here are others...

Westlake High School

The Lineage: Charles Kean (1993) – Army; Jay Rodgers (1995) – Indiana; Drew Brees (1997) – Purdue; Adam Hall (1999) – Texas; Alvin Cowan (2000) – Yale; Duke Hasson (2001) – SMU; Chad Schroeder (2002) – Texas A&M; Mark Oliver (2004) – Rhodes College; Turner Wimberly (2005) – Vanderbilt; Nick Foles (2007) – Michigan State; Tanner Price (2010) – Wake Forest; Blake Box (2012) – Rhodes College; Jordan Severt (2014) – SMU; Sam Ehlinger (2017) – Texas

• 2 months later...

Historically speaking, I would take any QB from Westlake, sight unseen.

Great coaching and competition.   Maybe if DD pushes Bo and Bo leaves early, we pick up this 'cat.

His arm strength for a soph is unreal.  Even when his mechanics are not set, he makes that ball hummm.   He looks SEC ready now - vision, runs with speed (high school I know) and accurate it appears.  I know it is a highlight reel, but this is Austin Westlake.  

Is he starting as a soph?  Crazy in that program.

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

Is he starting as a soph?  Crazy in that program.

@Beaker2022 kids are currently JRs. He was a soph last year but per Max preps he was not the starter last year. He was behind a SR starter & split reps as the #2 QB with another SR.

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

@Beaker2022 kids are currently JRs. He was a soph last year but per Max preps he was not the starter last year. He was behind a SR starter & split reps as the #2 QB with another SR.

Thanks, got my years off.  He really looks strong for a senior.  I would say he looks much, much stronger today than Bo did on film as a senior.  

If we can garner his commitment,  I would say that would be 3 in row of great prospects.  THAT would be a trend.

3 hours ago, Beaker said:

Thanks, got my years off.  He really looks strong for a senior.  I would say he looks much, much stronger today than Bo did on film as a senior.  

If we can garner his commitment,  I would say that would be 3 in row of great prospects.  THAT would be a trend.

Lol. Klubnik is a JR @Beaker

20 hours ago, ellitor said:

Lol. Klubnik is a JR @Beaker

chuckling....I know he is not a senior.   I was thinking he was a soph remember?   I am saying he looks more like a senior with his size and arm strength.  The kid can flat out hum the ball.  I know this is a stretch, but the first guy I thought of was John Elway, but with some touch.   (Elway was far from the polished passer people remember him as coming out of college).  

Plus, I am thinking Auburn has not had a lot of players named "Klubnik".  Would be nice to have another one. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2020 at 6:31 PM, auburn4ever said:

Bo won't leave early.

Regardless of if he does or doesn't I think the next starting QB at Auburn will be DDavis.

6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Regardless of if he does or doesn't I think the next starting QB at Auburn will be DDavis.

I've been thinking about that, and I'd be surprised if we don't go after another top QB in 2022 to compete with Davis when Bo leaves. No telling how it might come out if we land one. Right now we're all high on Dematrius, and for good reason, but we were all high on Joey Gatewood, too. Obviously, Davis is a different animal than Gatewood was, because he's a three year starter for a powerhouse Texas program, but it's good to keep in mind that things happen. 

Also, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Bo stays for a fourth season, but I don't think he'll stick around for a fifth. Wouldn't be surprised if he leaves after three, either, I just don't think he plays more than four at Auburn.

5 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I'd be surprised if we don't go after another top QB in 2022 to compete with Davis when Bo leaves.

We are & have. The staff is planning to sign a major QB in 2022.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived