2020 AU Football Man Crush

ValleyTiger

Well.....shout out to my man crush this year.....Give it up for TD Moultry.....He has not waivered to Covid one bit...He has not let this crazy year 2020 get him down.....He has really kept his head down and focused on his ultimate goal of becoming the all time record holder for yards penalized for. 

On a serious note...He did have a sack in the LSU game where he actually looked like what I have expected since he signed. Congrats on that. 

• Haha 2

• 8 months later...

@ValleyTiger would it be possible this year for those actively using this thread and supporting their chosen guys to have a priority?  The reason I ask is usually my first choice is always taken by those who don’t make a single post throughout the season.

• Like 1

Just now, abw0004 said:

@ValleyTiger would it be possible this year for those actively using this thread and supporting their chosen guys to have a priority?  The reason I ask is usually my first choice is always taken by those who don’t make a single post throughout the season.

Sorry, no.  Part of the fun is the rush to action when the thread opens and the subsequent scramble that follows. 

@ValleyTiger, one of the best ideas/threads we've ever had on here. Great job keeping it going.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Sorry, no.  Part of the fun is the rush to action when the thread opens and the subsequent scramble that follows. 

@ValleyTiger, one of the best ideas/threads we've ever had on here. Great job keeping it going.

The problem is people rush to claim someone and then will not make another post the rest of the season.  So why allow someone to claim a player when there is no intention of supporting that player?

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

The problem is people rush to claim someone and then will not make another post the rest of the season.  So why allow someone to claim a player when there is no intention of supporting that player?

Good point. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

100%. And Valley and I don't even get along lol.

It's a super fun way to channel that nervous preseason excitement. If it's meant to serve a higher purpose, then I'm sure Valley can articulate that. Just like he does his excellent and illuminating football observations. It makes me mad how much more he knows about football than I do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

It's a super fun way to channel that nervous preseason excitement. If it's meant to serve a higher purpose, then I'm sure Valley can articulate that. Just like he does his excellent and illuminating football observations. It makes me mad how much more he knows about football than I do. 

Sucking up will not do you any good getting Wesley

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Sucking up will not do you any good getting Wesley

Well I can't wizard edit the internet like you so until I figure something out

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Well I can't wizard edit the internet like you so until I figure something out

Exploding golf balls?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Exploding golf balls?

I've pulled that trick so may times on playing partners especially if its a teaching round. I'd just throw another golf ball down and say hit it again. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

And it's a thread that doesn't have posters going back and forth at each other, except maybe in fun. It's a nice vacation from those. That said I think I'm breaking up with my three year crush. It's not him, it's me...

ElderlyBadGrebe-max-1mb.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’m breaking up with mine, and it’s definitely him! 😂 I have NO idea who to choose this year.  I’ve spent the last 3 years with boring, I want personality! Any suggestions?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I’m breaking up with mine, and it’s definitely him! 😂 I have NO idea who to choose this year.  I’ve spent the last 3 years with boring, I want personality! Any suggestions?

I'll let you have Smoke if you want, but that only goes for you.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I'll ask Mrs Golf to help me out with that one 🤐

She just might...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

I'll let you have Smoke if you want, but that only goes for you.

You are a sweetheart, no matter what Golf says.  😁 I’m thinking Zac Etheridge, since I was at that game when he got hurt.  Anyone else gonna claim him?

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

You are a sweetheart, no matter what Golf says.  😁 I’m thinking Zac Etheridge, since I was at that game when he got hurt.  Anyone else gonna claim him?

Go for it. I'm thinking about DT Dre Butler. I just want to be able to say "the Butler did it" when we stop the opponent on short yardage situations.  I haven't ever chosen a defensive player either. Been special teams for a while now. 

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/23/2021 at 8:16 AM, abw0004 said:

Yeah, maybe I'll go through past threads and give some kinda priority to those that support their man crushes the best. I'll have to think on it. 

• Like 2

I'm thinking about Moultry.  He's underperformed his entire career but maybe with the new staff this is the year that the lightbulb comes on.  

3 hours ago, Win4AU said:

I'm thinking about Moultry.  He's underperformed his entire career but maybe with the new staff this is the year that the lightbulb comes on.  

Backing him off the line of scrimmage will make it harder for him to jump the snap. I think he’ll be much better in the role he was recruited to play.

4 minutes ago, toddc said:

Backing him off the line of scrimmage will make it harder for him to jump the snap. I think he’ll be much better in the role he was recruited to play.

I was listening to the Rundown this week and they mentioned he’d been performing better in practices.  We’ll see how that transitions to Saturday once the season starts.  Also it’s so boring to say Tank, Bo, or one of the known commodities 

58 minutes ago, toddc said:

Was he recruited as an ILB or an edge guy? I honestly don't know but thought he was an ILB and Garner begged for him on the edge.