Tax question.....

SaturdayGT

I work 2 jobs, 1 full time and one part time. I was pretty close to earning enough last year to be put in a higher tax bracket. Im trying to avoid the higher tax bracket this year and I think I've got it figured out the limit I can make at my part time job, but the one thing Im uncertain about....will the stimulus checks for covid this year count toward earned income? I just dont want to work my hours out at my 2nd job to be shy of the bracket only to have the stimulus bump me right up in it.

4 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

I work 2 jobs, 1 full time and one part time. I was pretty close to earning enough last year to be put in a higher tax bracket. Im trying to avoid the higher tax bracket this year and I think I've got it figured out the limit I can make at my part time job, but the one thing Im uncertain about....will the stimulus checks for covid this year count toward earned income? I just dont want to work my hours out at my 2nd job to be shy of the bracket only to have the stimulus bump me right up in it.

Google says no. 

Archived