2020-21 Record Predictions

Zeek

How many wins?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins this year (assuming we play all of our games)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/26/2020 at 12:02 AM

Well, let's assume we play every game. The schedule is out and we know who we've got on the roster. So what say you? We are only 30 days away people!!! This board needs to liven up and get active again.

• Kentucky @ Auburn
  • Auburn @ Georgia
  • Arkansas @ Auburn
  • Auburn @ SCar
  • Auburn @ Ole Miss
  • LSU @ Auburn
  • BYE
  • Auburn @ Miss State
  • Tennessee @ Auburn
  • Auburn @ Alabama
  • Texas A&M @ Auburn

I'm actually oddly optimistic despite my anti-gus bias. Not that I don't like the man, but it just seems like he isn't "the" guy... a discussion for a million other threads.

Kentucky - undoubtedly a tough game to open with and I think most Auburn fans are wisely not sleeping on the Wildcats coming into Jordan Hare. In my lifetime they have almost always played us close. In the history between the schools Auburn holds a (26-6-1) overall record with a current 2 game win streak and the last loss being eleven years ago in 2009. Prediction: Auburn 24 - Kentucky 17.

Georgia - until we beat Georgia at Georgia I'll continue to predict that match up as a loss. Maybe Morris will be the difference maker but I'm not sure Gus has ever beaten them in Athens. With it being a week 2 game I worry about our offense with an, essentially, brand new OL. While I think we have the players to win this I'm not sure the X's O's & odds are in our favor. Georgia has won the last 3 and currently lead the Deep South's Oldest Rivalry (60-56-8). Prediction: Auburn 20 Georgia 24.

Arkansas - some may disagree but I think they hurt themselves getting rid of Chad Morris and especially by not replacing him with someone new to the program. Instead they promoted from within and I think they'll look the same if not worse with sub-par recruits and this always being a big game for Gus. Offense looks ridiculous in this game as both Chad and Gus want to run it up. Prediction: Auburn 52 Arkansas 21 thanks to trash time points.

South Carolina - Really seemed like Muschamp was about to get fired. This could be a trap game but I think we need to smack Ole Will deserves a butt whooping after bailing on us. It seems like this will be a dumpster fire year for the ex-boom-brother and he finally realizes he needs to give up on being a Head Coach and enjoy life as a solid DC somewhere or retire. Prediction Auburn 31 - SCar 17.

Ole Miss - Simply not worried about them. I think it was a grave mistake bringing in the Lane Train... lord knows they shouldn't have chosen a scummy coach to a program that just got off of probation. With it being our second road game in-a-row it won't be a total blowout but I think our offense continues to look good with the additional wrinkles. Prediction: Auburn 41 Ole Miss 24.

LSU - Really not high on the Tigeauxs this year. Still not a believer in coach O; he gets guys to play hard for him but I think he massively benefited from some great assistants that have left the program. We only lost to them by 3 when they had Burrow and a slew of other now gone talent. I think we're better this year than last and I think they're worse. Doesn't hurt it's at home. Prediction: Auburn 38 LSU 24.

Mississippi State - It's looking like they may have made a poor hire. Didn't think it was a good choice at the time and the longer Mullen is gone the worse they look. They always play us well in their house but I think we continue to see their decline before an inevitable coaching change. Prediction: Auburn 49 Miss State 13.

Tennessee - Still embarrassed about our half-a&& performance against these over-hyped always "back" wannabes. Hope we run them out of town and I don't have to keep hearing them be cocky because they beat us in one of our worst performances. Let's smack them around and send them packing for all the recruits they've $wayed away from us. Prediction: Auburn 38 Tennessee 10.

Alabama - It's on the road and Mac Jones ain't bad. However, we beat them last year and they don't have two of their star receivers from last year. I think we win this one albeit close. Saban doesn't have quite the same bite to him lately. Prediction: Auburn 35 Alabama 31.

Texas A&M - Jimbo hasn't impressed me with the Aggies and I really thought he'd recruit better from Texas. If we're coming off a win from the Iron Bowl it'll be hard to not crash from an emotional high but I think we finish out the season on a good note. 

6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Arkansas - some may disagree but I think they hurt themselves getting rid of Chad Morris and especially by not replacing him with someone new to the program. Instead they promoted from within and I think they'll look the same if not worse with sub-par recruits and this always being a big game for Gus. Offense looks ridiculous in this game as both Chad and Gus want to run it up. Prediction: Auburn 52 Arkansas 21 thanks to trash time points.

Sam Pittman was not at Arky prior to being named Arky HC. He was the Offensive Line coach for UGA for the last 3 year. I do agree with the rest of this post though.

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I'm actually oddly optimistic despite my anti-gus bias. Not that I don't like the man, but it just seems like he isn't "the" guy... a discussion for a million other threads.

BUT I WANT TO DISCUSS IT HERE

I like your breakdown. I'm nervous about TAMU after the Iron Bowl. I'll point out one thing about uga, which is that even though we're on the road, there won't be more than 25k there. #optimism #sunshine #jinxy

Just now, McLoofus said:

BUT I WANT TO DISCUSS IT HERE

I like your breakdown. I'm nervous about TAMU after the Iron Bowl. I'll point out one thing about uga, which is that even though we're on the road, there won't be more than 25k there. #optimism #sunshine #jinxy

I really wish Bama and aTm were flipped flopped. If we beat Bama, it will be a super high and hard to get back up ( exception- if we are unbeaten heading into IB). If we lose to Bama ....I think we definitely lose aTm. Either way....tough cookies there. 

I’m actually having a hard time here because there are just a lot of questions. Do we stay healthy and avoid Covid? What about other teams? Does Bo take a step forward? Does the offensive line actually do anything this year? How well does the defense reload? Do we drop an unexpected game on the road at the wrong time? Depending on how these things go, I could see anywhere from 5 to 10 wins. I’m a numbers guy, so I split the difference at 8. My gut has me leaning towards a better season than that, but I don’t make guesses from my gut. 

UK- This game will be harder than we expect, but we are just better talent wise. WIN.

UGA- I’m happy we have them early. They don’t even have a starting QB yet. Still, a road game, even with a diminished crowd, against UGA will have me worried until our win percentage against them comes up. UGA has been Auburn’s kryptonite for as long as I’ve been really following AU football. TOSS UP. 

Arky- Bert left Morris with nothing, and Morris couldn’t turn it around. I’m not convinced Pittman will either. Rough time to be an Arkansas fan. WIN.

USCe- This starts a stretch that quietly concerns me. We should win the next two games, but what if we slip up on this road game or the one next week? Like UK, I think we overmatch them talent wise. So I expect the W. But if we slip up here, I think we could lose either one or both of the next two as well. Still, I think we handle them. WIN. 

Ole Miss- I feel kind of the same way here that I do about USCe. I don’t believe we’ll lose, but it has a sort of trap game feel with LSU the next week and Lane calling the plays on the other side. Probably a win, but still a little concerned about this one. WIN. 

LSU-I know they are reloading everywhere, including their mastermind passing game coordinator. But this one still has me nervous. If Georgia is Auburn’s krytonite, LSU is Gus’s. I think we’ve only beaten them twice since we hired Gus, and ironically we lost both years we’ve had exceptional seasons. After coming off two road games in the middle of the season where LSU may have started to figure themselves out, this one concerns me a bit. I feel like this one could also end up being a TOSS UP. 

MSU- Mike Leach has none of the players needed to run his scheme. Although he’s had success building bad programs into good ones in the past, it rarely happens in his first year. Steele will spend the bye week coming up with an odd formation to combat the passing attack we’re going to face. Maybe he’ll dust off the ole 3-1-7 from last year’s LSU game? I expect this game to be a little harder a year or two from now, but this year it should be an easy win. WIN. 

UT- I just really don’t buy the Tennessee hype. Begin rant... I’ve seen nothing to suggest they will be good this year. I get that they won a bunch of games in a row last year to finish the season. However, that happened after a) a bunch of players left the team(those left were really devoted and hungry), b) every sports fan and journalist made fun of them for how terrible they looked, and c)they played all their ranked opponents. The wins at the end of the season included powerhouse teams like UAB, Vandy, Mizzou, and Indiana. They hit a real bottom mid season, and rallied behind the idea of not wanting to be made fun of anymore, giving them enough beat easier teams. May I add that none of their wins were against ranked teams? I don’t see that carrying them this season. They have no good QB, and I still think their coach is a joke. If we lose this game, we will have already lost several others above that I pegged as wins, and it will be Gus’s last season. I don’t see that happening, and I think we handle business in this game. WIN.

Bama- I’m torn on this one. We beat them last year before their talented receivers darted for the NFL. But who knows which five star that they bought a car for will emerge behind them. By this time, our young defense will be seasoned, our new offense, if it works, will be rolling, and our team should be peaking interns of quality play. Unless Morris is a bust and Gus is on his way out, I think this team by this point should be better overall than the one we had at iron bowl time last year. But I honestly never expect Bama to reload as quickly as they do every year. I actually think there’s reasons to expect us to win this one, but I’m also pumping the breaks because of history. So I’ll call it a TOSS UP. 

TAMU- Some might expect a let down if we win the iron bowl. I don’t. Fisher hasn’t done much since Winston left FSU, and I’ve really been underwhelmed with his job at TAMU. Plus, I think Gus is always up for this game after losing to Fisher in the NC. If we win the iron bowl, I think we carry that energy into this game and make TAMU regret their decision to hire him. If not, I’d cal this a toss up. There’s a chance we take out our frustration on them, but there’s also the chance we are just unmotivated after losing to our rival a week earlier. Since I also called the iron bowl a toss up, that means I see this as about a 75% chance of a win. That’s enough to tip the scales for me. WIN. 

So I see no sure losses. But I think we drop 1-2 of the traditional tough ones... LSU, UGA, and Bama. Happy that none of them are next to each other this year.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Kentucky - undoubtedly a tough game to open with and I think most Auburn fans are wisely not sleeping on the Wildcats coming into Jordan Hare. In my lifetime they have almost always played us close. In the history between the schools Auburn holds a (26-6-1) overall record with a current 2 game win streak and the last loss being eleven years ago in 2009. Prediction: Auburn 24 - Kentucky 17.

Georgia - until we beat Georgia at Georgia I'll continue to predict that match up as a loss. Maybe Morris will be the difference maker but I'm not sure Gus has ever beaten them in Athens. With it being a week 2 game I worry about our offense with an, essentially, brand new OL. While I think we have the players to win this I'm not sure the X's O's & odds are in our favor. Georgia has won the last 3 and currently lead the Deep South's Oldest Rivalry (60-56-8). Prediction: Auburn 20 Georgia 24.

South Carolina - Really seemed like Muschamp was about to get fired. This could be a trap game but I think we need to smack Ole Will deserves a butt whooping after bailing on us. It seems like this will be a dumpster fire year for the ex-boom-brother and he finally realizes he needs to give up on being a Head Coach and enjoy life as a solid DC somewhere or retire. Prediction Auburn 31 - SCar 17.

Ole Miss - Simply not worried about them. I think it was a grave mistake bringing in the Lane Train... lord knows they shouldn't have chosen a scummy coach to a program that just got off of probation. With it being our second road game in-a-row it won't be a total blowout but I think our offense continues to look good with the additional wrinkles. Prediction: Auburn 41 Ole Miss 24.

LSU - Really not high on the Tigeauxs this year. Still not a believer in coach O; he gets guys to play hard for him but I think he massively benefited from some great assistants that have left the program. We only lost to them by 3 when they had Burrow and a slew of other now gone talent. I think we're better this year than last and I think they're worse. Doesn't hurt it's at home. Prediction: Auburn 38 LSU 24.

Mississippi State - It's looking like they may have made a poor hire. Didn't think it was a good choice at the time and the longer Mullen is gone the worse they look. They always play us well in their house but I think we continue to see their decline before an inevitable coaching change. Prediction: Auburn 49 Miss State 13.

Tennessee - Still embarrassed about our half-a&& performance against these over-hyped always "back" wannabes. Hope we run them out of town and I don't have to keep hearing them be cocky because they beat us in one of our worst performances. Let's smack them around and send them packing for all the recruits they've $wayed away from us. Prediction: Auburn 38 Tennessee 10.

Alabama - It's on the road and Mac Jones ain't bad. However, we beat them last year and they don't have two of their star receivers from last year. I think we win this one albeit close. Saban doesn't have quite the same bite to him lately. Prediction: Auburn 35 Alabama 31.

Texas A&M - Jimbo hasn't impressed me with the Aggies and I really thought he'd recruit better from Texas. If we're coming off a win from the Iron Bowl it'll be hard to not crash from an emotional high but I think we finish out the season on a good note. 

Looks like you missed some offseason changes. Pittman came from UGA, not internally from Arky. Moo State fired their coach and brought in air raid guru Mike Leach. 

• WarTiger changed the title to 2020-21 Record Predictions
2 hours ago, AUFriction said:

Looks like you missed some offseason changes. Pittman came from UGA, not internally from Arky. Moo State fired their coach and brought in air raid guru Mike Leach. 

Holy cow I knew that but totally forgot. It feels like forever since then. 

Who knows what will happen this year?!?!   

My head says, looking at our typical success against SEC competition, I will say 6-4.  Losses against uga, LSU, and bama, and then one that we should win but come out and lay an egg. 

My heart says 10-0.  Weird seasons are when Auburn does amazing things so we will be COVID Champs!!!

2 hours ago, jared52 said:

UGA, LSU, uat, and a team they shouldn't lose to.

That's where I am sitting. Until I see it, I can't go on what I hope will change in our offense w/ Morris here.

So i think we still lose on the road to Alabama and GA. I actually think we beat LSU at home for a change.
But we lose to TaM and one other SEC team(most likely one of the Miss schools).

So 6-4. But if we somehow beat GA in the 2nd game with offense, then I'm coming back here and erasing my post. 😁

What gets me with UGA is when we play them. Our history against them lately hadn’t been good, but they don’t even have a starting f QB yet. Road advantages this year aren’t going to mean much I don’t think either. Maybe that’s why I’m more concerned about LSU than thUGA.

23 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

What gets me with UGA is when we play them. Our history against them lately hadn’t been good, but they don’t even have a starting f QB yet. Road advantages this year aren’t going to mean much I don’t think either. Maybe that’s why I’m more concerned about LSU than thUGA.

They will. They have a veteran kid coming in. To me LSU will be much more suspect. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Interesting . Why TAMU? 

End of year after we beat bama could be a let down game. Plus I think that they will be better than people are thinking.

17 hours ago, TigerTale said:

8-5

Somehow...someway Gus will figure out how to do it.

It's in his DNA.

After a stellar, but emotional 8-2 regular season, we lose a heartbreaker to New Mexico in the triple-elimination regional blind choice round robin playoff?

(Edited for MATH)

WastefulMelodicCottonmouth-max-1mb.gif

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

End of year after we beat bama could be a let down game. Plus I think that they will be better than people are thinking.

TAMU has about as much talent as anyone in the SEC. For whatever reason they just haven’t put it together. It’s really is going to be placed on Mond to take them to the next level .

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

TAMU has about as much talent as anyone in the SEC. For whatever reason they just haven’t put it together. It’s really is going to be placed on Mond to take them to the next level .

Yep, they can be very dangerous.

Archived