Guess who's back...back again...

bigbird

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Culture came back same as last time, S. Aureus. They are pretty sure that it is carry over from his previous infection and, despite clear cultures, it just never was fully resolved. Ultrasound showed definite vegetation around the port and they are now concerned that it might have traveled to his heart leading to bacterial endocarditis. They have ordered and Echo and now just waiting on the other docs to round. Thankfully, he is still sleeping. Update later.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Culture came back same as last time, S. Aureus. They are pretty sure that it is carry over from his previous infection and, despite clear cultures, it just never was fully resolved. Ultrasound showed definite vegetation around the port and they are now concerned that it might have traveled to his heart leading to bacterial endocarditis. They have ordered and Echo and now just waiting on the other docs to round. Thankfully, he is still sleeping. Update later.

Sending love and strength, buddy. Wish I could send a lot more.

20 hours ago, bigbird said:

If y'all don't mind, James is back in the ER and we could use your prayers again. Last night he presented with a low-grade fever and his line from his port was a little red. This morning, more red and swollen along with pain. We took him in and they're doing an ultrasound now. Temp is up to 103.9 and climbing, pulse is around 150. The pain, redness, and swelling has all increased throughout the day. They've done a blood draw and started him on Vancomycin and Rocephin. The ER Doc thinks that the initial infection from a month or so ago wasn't entirely knocked out or there was a pocket of infection that didn't get cleared. Either way, we're there a minimum of 3 days for the cultures. Thank y'all again for being here and taking time for my family.

On it, Bird!  We feel like he's ours, too.  We love you!  Even Golf does.  Matthew 18:20:  "For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” 💖

That's horrible! You and yours will be in my thoughts and prayers..I just hope there's a positive outcome to it all.

Brother Bird...

Isaiah 41:10 NKJV

"Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’"

Brother, you know I'm here praying.  I believe The Lord is caring for His believers as we speak as I know that the only reason I'm still even here is Him.  I know he's caring for James too.

James has so much fight in him.  I can picture him gut-punching & head-slapping satan as we speak!  His toughness and faith in the face of such unspeakable darkness is truly amazing! 

James is serving The Lord's purpose and I am in awe of him.  He is and has been an inspiration to me in my times of darkness lately.  I know, from our conversations, that though it's hard to be faithful sometimes, The Lord knows our hearts and He knows James is a beacon of light.  That makes ME want to share the light again as I've been struggling myself.

James may not realize it but he's ministering as the Apostle Paul said:

II Corinthians 12:9 NKJV

"And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

God bless James!!! And God bless your family!

Nathan

2 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Brother Bird...

Isaiah 41:10 NKJV

"Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’"

Brother, you know I'm here praying.  I believe The Lord is caring for His believers as we speak as I know that the only reason I'm still even here is Him.  I know he's caring for James too.

James has so much fight in him.  I can picture him gut-punching & head-slapping satan as we speak!  His toughness and faith in the face of such unspeakable darkness is truly amazing! 

James is serving The Lord's purpose and I am in awe of him.  He is and has been an inspiration to me in my times of darkness lately.  I know, from our conversations, that though it's hard to be faithful sometimes, The Lord knows our hearts and He knows James is a beacon of light.  That makes ME want to share the light again as I've been struggling myself.

James may not realize it but he's ministering as the Apostle Paul said:

II Corinthians 12:9 NKJV

"And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

God bless James!!! And God bless your family!

Nathan

Thinking and praying for you as well buddy. Love this post ❤️

Port and line are coming out. Trying to coordinate surgery, Infectious disease, hematology, and pediatrics. Possibility removal occurs tomorrow. After the removal, he will remain for however long it takes to have 3 consecutive clear cultures. Minimum of 3 days after the removal but most likely longer. Echo and Ultrasound on heart will be on Monday. That's all for now...

17 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Port and line are coming out. Trying to coordinate surgery, Infectious disease, hematology, and pediatrics. Possibility removal occurs tomorrow. After the removal, he will remain for however long it takes to have 3 consecutive clear cultures. Minimum of 3 days after the removal but most likely longer. Echo and Ultrasound on heart will be on Monday. That's all for now...

Are they going to be able to keep him comfortable at all? Sorry. I don't know what all of this means but it doesn't sound like a fun weekend.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Are they going to be able to keep him comfortable at all? Sorry. I don't know what all of this means but it doesn't sound like a fun weekend.

Managing fever and pain till Monday

2 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Thinking and praying for you as well buddy. Love this post ❤️

Thank you Mav.  I appreciate it so much.  I'm sorry to sound self-serving but I do thank everyone who prays for me & my family still.

I/we certainly have had a lot going on the last few months ourselves, with ups & downs, but nothing compared to Bird's family.

God bless!

6 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Thank you Mav.  I appreciate it so much.  I'm sorry to sound self-serving but I do thank everyone who prays for me & my family still.

I/we certainly have had a lot going on the last few months ourselves, with ups & downs, but nothing compared to Bird's family.

God bless!

Much love Brother ❤️❤️

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Managing fever and pain till Monday

Need the Facebook care button. Praying a bubble of incapacity to feel it...or to feel it to an infinitesimal extent...around James. 

Archived