Auburn 2020 Soccer Schedule

aucanucktiger

Ladies kicked off the shortened season with a 1-1 draw at home to MSU. Neither of these teams are very good and AU can’t really afford to drop points at home to mid-to-low table teams, but it’s a young AU team trying to find an identity so there’s some growing pains to be expected. AU scored on a nice run and saw a lot of the ball most of the game, but an unfortunate incident in the box with 15 min to go gave MSU a penalty from the spot which was converted. 

So good will come from this one but AU needs to be better at home to avoid a monster draw for the SEC tournament. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/14/2020 at 2:31 PM, I_M4_AU said:

I don’t think I have ever seen a soccer match end like that.  Amazing.

Pretty fantastic.  About as exciting as Donovan hitting the winner in World Cup. 

• Like 1

Auburn is in a dogfight with UGA in Athens. The AU keeper (Prohaska) had an unfortunate slip and her only recovery option was to take out the forward which cost her a red card. 2 min later AU put a free kick into box and got taken down and Richards took the penalty. She buried it into the bottom right corner and AU had a 1-0 lead down a man and 30’ to go. 

UGA has furiously attacked but hasn’t found the net yet and there is 7’ to go. 

A stellar, stellar performance going into Athens and taking all 3 points from #12 UGA. Coach Hoppa is putting another good product on the field this season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

#14 AU taking on UK in Auburn. At 10’, UK took a red card and are down to 10. I didn’t see what happened but it’s certainly going to help AU’s night. Right now, they are struggling to do anything in the final third but that’s mostly due to UK playing on defensive mode. 

GOAL! AU gets a corner and converts! The keeper got a punch on it but it lands about 10 yards out right in the middle and at the feet of SR Sarah Houchin. She puts her foot through it and it’s 1-0 AU 42’ to go. 

You can really tell when the announcers don’t find soccer interesting when they talk and talk and only 10% of it is about the action on the field.  

Honestly, I’ve never seen a player be allowed to just stand in front of the goalie and block her out like UK was doing on the corner kicks. 

Going to a second OT. AU showed something the last 5 min or so but nothing to show for it. Anything but a win would be big disappointment. 

Zero urgency from AU this second overtime. They seem content with a point after getting a man advantage for 80 minutes of regular time.