Slive determined the outcome.

rebdawg

This is the second year Mike Slive has decided the outcome of one of Auburn's games for the "better good" of the league. Last year the officiating in the second half of the Georgia game clearly underscored Slive's desire to keep UGA in line for the national championship. The outcome of this game was predetermined before the coin toss. Manning getting a W at Auburn on national TV went a long way towards influencing the Heisman voters and Slive knew this.

On Ole Miss’ opening drive Auburn was the victim of a phantom face masking penalty and an obvious illegal pick on the scoring play to Collins. On Ole Miss’ final TD the right guard and tackle were a step into the end zone before the ball was ever snapped. No flag. On AU’s final drive Campbell was robbed of a ten yard completion on the fist play by an officiating error that can only be described as deliberate. How big were those ten yards at the other end of the drive when we only needed three? In between were dozens of little “missed” calls that ultimately kept UM from being beaten and possibly blown out.

My heart goes out to Ben Obomanu and Jeris McIntyre who I am sure feel that they cost their team a huge win. They did not. Rest assured that had either come down with the game clinching score we would have surely been called for a holding, illegal motion, or some other such nonsense.

When Roy Kramer announced his retirement (to a $1 million home blocks from Neyland Stadium) I was hopeful that we would finally be emancipated from the prejudices of the commissioner’s office, but it appears that we have merely traded Al Capone for John Gotti. Mike Slive is more concerned with keeping an SEC team in the national spotlight than he is with running a scrupulous conference. His so-called crusade to rid the conference of the stain of NCAA investigation has been as fruitless as his vow to rid Scott Field of cowbells. Slive is a joke.

Some 150 student-athletes, two dozen odd coaches, 86,000 paying customers, and millions of viewers tuned in to see two teams lay it on the line for a trip to Atlanta, but what they watched was something akin to an off-Broadway play – a poorly conceived script.

Due to the actions of others in Starkville, Knoxville, and Tuscaloosa, the SEC is headed the way of the Southwest Conference. Is it too soon for the Auburn Administration to begin courting other conferences? Imagine the success and championships we could have if we were to bolster a no-name conference the way FSU did with the ACC. Look at the Atlantic Coast Conference now, next year they will most likely be the toughest conference in America and they have Florida State to thank for getting the ball rolling. Conference USA, Big East, what are you doing the next 20 years?

kellyaub90, your response was pure genious. My hat is off to you. I am not suggesting that Slive has a conspiracy to cheat Auburn, just that in his lust to keep us (the SEC) on the fore thoughts of the national media that he is willing to influnce the outcome of a game here and there if he feels it if for the better good. It may sound far fetched but you have to admit it makes sense out of some of the calls we saw yesterday. The only other explanation is that the officials were visually impaired.

kellyaub90, your response was pure genious. My hat is off to you. I am not suggesting that Slive has a conspiracy to cheat Auburn, just that in his lust to keep us (the SEC) on the fore thoughts of the national media that he is willing to influnce the outcome of a game here and there if he feels it if for the better good. It may sound far fetched but you have to admit it makes sense out of some of the calls we saw yesterday. The only other explanation is that the officials were visually impaired.

Careful.......you're flurting with being a bammer. Only Bama blames refs for losses.

I know, the similarities are scaring me, but I do not give into the popular opinion that blown calls are a part of the game. If they were why have refs at all? Their job is to be perfect. Perfect. I can relent to situations like being out of position or things happening too fast, but the caliber of officiating we have in the SEC is comparable to what you see at middle schools across the state – bush league.

The major difference is Bama has gotten more questionable calls to go their way than the other 11 teams in the league combined. In their defense, if you had asked me two months ago if I believed the UT/NCAA conspiracy against them I would have popped a gizzard laughing, but now I have to admit it seems to have some substance.

The major difference is Bama has gotten more questionable calls to go their way than the other 11 teams in the league combined.

Are you talking about this year???? If so, please point out all of them to me. I haven't seen any. :huh:

There have been some sad-sack threads here, but this one is near the top of the dung heap.

Yeah, the official missed what should have been a completion on our final drive. To say that they would have concocted a penalty out of thin air had Obomanu caught the 3rd down pass in the end zone is ludicrous.

Last year the officiating in the second half of the Georgia game clearly underscored Slive's desire to keep UGA in line for the national championship.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

This is the second year Mike Slive has decided the outcome of one of Auburn's games for the "better good" of the league. Last year the officiating in the second half of the Georgia game clearly underscored Slive's desire to keep UGA in line for the national championship. The outcome of this game was predetermined before the coin toss. Manning getting a W at Auburn on national TV went a long way towards influencing the Heisman voters and Slive knew this.

On Ole Miss’ opening drive Auburn was the victim of a phantom face masking penalty and an obvious illegal pick on the scoring play to Collins. On Ole Miss’ final TD the right guard and tackle were a step into the end zone before the ball was ever snapped. No flag. On AU’s final drive Campbell was robbed of a ten yard completion on the fist play by an officiating error that can only be described as deliberate. How big were those ten yards at the other end of the drive when we only needed three? In between were dozens of little “missed” calls that ultimately kept UM from being beaten and possibly blown out.

My heart goes out to Ben Obomanu and Jeris McIntyre who I am sure feel that they cost their team a huge win. They did not. Rest assured that had either come down with the game clinching score we would have surely been called for a holding, illegal motion, or some other such nonsense.

When Roy Kramer announced his retirement (to a $1 million home blocks from Neyland Stadium) I was hopeful that we would finally be emancipated from the prejudices of the commissioner’s office, but it appears that we have merely traded Al Capone for John Gotti. Mike Slive is more concerned with keeping an SEC team in the national spotlight than he is with running a scrupulous conference. His so-called crusade to rid the conference of the stain of NCAA investigation has been as fruitless as his vow to rid Scott Field of cowbells. Slive is a joke.

Some 150 student-athletes, two dozen odd coaches, 86,000 paying customers, and millions of viewers tuned in to see two teams lay it on the line for a trip to Atlanta, but what they watched was something akin to an off-Broadway play – a poorly conceived script.

Due to the actions of others in Starkville, Knoxville, and Tuscaloosa, the SEC is headed the way of the Southwest Conference. Is it too soon for the Auburn Administration to begin courting other conferences? Imagine the success and championships we could have if we were to bolster a no-name conference the way FSU did with the ACC. Look at the Atlantic Coast Conference now, next year they will most likely be the toughest conference in America and they have Florida State to thank for getting the ball rolling. Conference USA, Big East, what are you doing the next 20 years?

Total PILE of CRAP!!!

Archived