Null

A win that felt like a loss. I was out of town working and had been looking forward to watching the game as the highlight of my weekend 🙄.

Somehow, even after this, the LSU game the following week was super hyped. TBF, that was one of the most fun lead-ups to a game I can remember. ESPN using lots of AC/DC in the introduction helped (if Thunderstruck and Rock N Roll Train don't pump you up, you're not human). But ugh what a crushing, CRUSHING disappointment that game and season was (I know 2003 takes that cake for most people but I was simply too young to remember the hype there). Thankfully as far as fun leadups to a game go, the 2013 IB made up for it. :)

However, the 3-2 game suddenly becomes hilarious when you watch this:

Edited by AUwent
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, aublaise said:

Defense may win games, but boy was that a boring game.  

Never bought that saying anyway. Defense doesn’t (directly) score points. Without a serviceable defense, you can still just outscore the other team if the offense is elite. Without a serviceable offense, you get... well, you get this kind of game, where the margin for error becomes very very small.

Edited by AUFriction
  • Like 1
On 9/13/2020 at 11:08 PM, AUwent said:

Somehow, even after this, the LSU game the following week was super hyped. TBF, that was one of the most fun lead-ups to a game I can remember. ESPN using lots of AC/DC in the introduction helped (if Thunderstruck and Rock N Roll Train don't pump you up, you're not human). But ugh what a crushing, CRUSHING disappointment that game and season was (I know 2003 takes that cake for most people but I was simply too young to remember the hype there). Thankfully as far as fun leadups to a game go, the 2013 IB made up for it. :)

However, the 3-2 game suddenly becomes hilarious when you watch this:

This made my day . Holy moly that’s funny

My memory of this game is a lot different than most of y'all...this game was played the evening after Hurricane Ike made landfall (I live in the Houston area) and we had no power, so I did not know anything about the outcome until I called my mom on the Sunday after the game.

After the "How are you? I'm fine" portion of the call, I asked her about our game, and she told me that Auburn won 3-2...I did a double-take, thinking maybe she told me the score of the Braves game or something.

Nope, she wasn't yanking my chain.

3-2

Granted, given my specific circumstances, I'd have rather been able to watch, but if I was going to "miss" one, it was apparently one not worth re-watching.

• Like 2