Proposal: 4 Hour Presidential Debate Hosted by Joe Rogan...

DKW 86

36 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

last stuff i saw on him was on youtube and he sure was leaning right then. and i did not call him a liar or anything. i know you did not accuse me but i still wanted to make that clear.

He's definitely left but is pretty respectful to let his righty guests get out their opinions. 

And yes, he would be high the entire debate.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

How long would it take for him to ask a question about DMT? Does he get to eat an elk steak while moderating?

"You guys ever get high in the rose garden?" 

*takes a long, slow drag off of a joint rolled with 750 an ounce kind laced with hashish*

"What do you guys think about gorillas?"

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

"You guys ever get high in the rose garden?" 

*takes a long, slow drag off of a joint rolled with 750 an ounce kind laced with hashish*

"What do you guys think about gorillas?"

“This debate is sponsored by Onnit and Alpha Brain. Jamie, pull up a video of that crocodile fighting a snake”

14 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

This was proposed by Tim Kennedy? Not Hilltv. I think it would at least make the debates bearable God knows we do not need another coma inducing snooze fest where one side spends the next three days gaslighting the other side that what we all saw did not occur. 

Yes a simple convo between Tim and Joe. They both know it is possible, but unlikely due to no show Joe, say it ain't so. Period!

Our so called "woke" are ****$!#@ asleep and snoring. Admit the cowardice and move on. The end.

3 hours ago, AUDub said:

It's a silly challenge and you know it. "Cowardice" lol. Might as well be suggesting they have the debate on smackdown with Booker T and Vince McMahon moderating. 

But they got the exact reaction they were gunning for from people like you.

The Hill has major problems. Remember the Solomon debacle?

Solomon was also a producer for Hill.TV. 

Solomon, one of Trump's biggest cheerleaders in the media, being a producer was a big tell regarding their editorial bent. I've never been a big fan, and I was a Sanders supporter, or at least a big supporter of his policies (his campaign was s***). Once this primary started to wrap up and it became clear Biden was the nominee, they started to show their true colors.

The moment the left should have began rallying around the Democratic nominee to defeat Trump, they ramped up the anti-Biden rhetoric hard, Tara Reade probably being the biggest example. Their goal became clear. They are a stalking horse whose goal is to divide the left for the benefit of the right. The goal is to bring together left-wing and right-wing populism for the benefit of the right.

And of course Ball herself is a s***ty journalist. She, along with Grim and Halper, hung Tara Reade out to dry by not fully vetting her before screaming her accusations from the rooftops in an effort to tank Biden after the primary was wrapped up. That was really s***ty on her part.

If it was up to me, Chris Wallace would moderate every debate and they would be hosted on PBS. The format we have now has problems, yeah, but further silliness only delegitimizes them. 

Stop deflecting Ben. Really no need for cowardice. This is about "no show Joe freaking Biden" member of the Harris Team. Nothing more. 

1 hour ago, johnnyAU said:

Rogan is admittedly more left than right. He is reasonable and open minded, which may be what is confusing you into thinking he is right leaning.  ;) 

this is what i thought. but i have a close friend who is a rightie and he says rogan has moved to the right. but then he also says tucker carlson is fair and balanced........

2 hours ago, Leftfield said:

I can't imagine listening to any politician for four hours straight, let alone these two. I will admit that Biden has looked far more composed and thoughtful recently than I can ever recall. That doesn't mean I would look forward to it.

The biggest thing I don't understand is why people think Trump is such a good debater. All he does is insult, throw out hyperbole, and get facts wrong. He'll go on and on about how the country under his leadership will be stronger and better, yet rarely gives specifics. After a four hour debate you'd be lucky to get two minutes of useful information out of him, but his supporters seem to love his bull-in-a-China-shop approach, which I've never understood. You can be strong without being insulting.

I agree with the view that this is a ridiculous idea. Certainly you want some amount of levity in debate, but that shouldn't apply to the whole concept of it. Electing the leaders of our country is a serious matter, and this concept would cheapen it. The view of an election as a contest akin to sports in my opinion has been a big part of what has led to such polarization and refusal to compromise. It's become winner-take all, and this is one of my biggest problems with Trump. The WWE mentality was mentioned above. Of course this type of debate would appeal to a reality show buffoon who has actually appeared on WWE.

You bought Ben's BS. Joe Rogan has a highly successful podcast. He can invite whoever he pleases. He did randomly and Trump stated he'd be there.

No show Biden is the reason for this insane deflection.

It is 2020 and we can't do a damn podcast debate? That's mind boggling that the so called woke are this asleep.

Watch a handful of his podcasts. He caters to his guest and no doubt could handle this. But no, I'd rather hear a moderating team of losers. Just recall 2016 and how sad that was? Bring back Candy Crowley? No thanks.

4 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

You bought Ben's BS. Joe Rogan has a highly successful podcast. He can invite whoever he pleases. He did randomly and Trump stated he'd be there.

It is 2020 and we can't do a damn podcast debate? That's mind boggling that the so called woke are this asleep.

Watch a handful of his podcasts. He caters to his guest and no doubt could handle this. But no, I'd rather hear a moderating team of losers. Just recall 2016 and how sad that was? Bring back Candy Crowley? No thanks.

joe does not like the pot 78. he would no more go on rogans than he would snoop dogs. and what you call cowardice i call smart. wish i could say that about the human cheeto.

3 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

At what point did I say he couldn't invite someone? He can do what he pleases with his show. I just don't agree it's the proper forum for a debate.

And I've explained why it's perfectly reasonable for Biden to decline. Aside from the absurdity of it, that type of forum plays to Trump's "strengths," so why would he do anything to jeopardize his lead?

13 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

At what point did I say he couldn't invite someone? He can do what he pleases with his show. I just don't agree it's the proper forum for a debate.

And I've explained why it's perfectly reasonable for Biden to decline. Aside from the absurdity of it, that type of forum plays to Trump's "strengths," so why would he do anything to jeopardize his lead?

A moderated debate plays to Trumps strength? Do tell. And don't come with a Rogan debate response  as that is an established excuse. No cowardice please.

3 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

A moderated debate plays to Trumps strength? Do tell. And don't come with a Rogan debate response  as that is an established excuse. No cowardice please.

I haven't seen Joe Rogan in a while, so maybe something has changed, but he was never known for an overwhelming sense of decorum..Could he host a serious debate? Sure. I just question that he would instead of pandering to the entertainment factor and turning it into a sensationalistic verbal smackdown contest, which is what plays to Trump's strengths because he's all about fury and bluster.

Also, nice little (and I do mean little) jab with your last sentence. It seems to be a running tactic for a few Trump supporters on this board to imply fear or cowardice in those with opposing views. You've learned well from your candidate.

Here's what I find uniquely funny about this.  There are some in this thread who were all for Tommy Tuberville not debating Sessions even once and now want to crush Biden over not wanting to take part in a farcical debate hosted by Joe Rogan.  It's hypocrisy to the nth degree.

Biden and Trump are scheduled to debate three times in about a four week span.  That's more than enough and has been for every election that I've ever been alive for.  The fact that some on here really want a professional comedian to moderate a debate is just insane, yet has become increasingly predictable over the last 5 years.

it is all 78 has. he gets his butt handed to him everyday so he takes shots with little substance. he must like me tho cus about all i get are the facepalm doohickeys........

Biden would have to wear a super large trench coat for the ventriloquist to hide inside of while he is behind Joe with his arm up his back.

5 hours ago, Leftfield said:

I haven't seen Joe Rogan in a while, so maybe something has changed, but he was never known for an overwhelming sense of decorum..Could he host a serious debate? Sure. I just question that he would instead of pandering to the entertainment factor and turning it into a sensationalistic verbal smackdown contest, which is what plays to Trump's strengths because he's all about fury and bluster.

Also, nice little (and I do mean little) jab with your last sentence. It seems to be a running tactic for a few Trump supporters on this board to imply fear or cowardice in those with opposing views. You've learned well from your candidate.

No problem with the jab. The cowardice is directed to Joe. You can go back thru the thread if you'd like. 

4 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Here's what I find uniquely funny about this.  There are some in this thread who were all for Tommy Tuberville not debating Sessions even once and now want to crush Biden over not wanting to take part in a farcical debate hosted by Joe Rogan.  It's hypocrisy to the nth degree.

Biden and Trump are scheduled to debate three times in about a four week span.  That's more than enough and has been for every election that I've ever been alive for.  The fact that some on here really want a professional comedian to moderate a debate is just insane, yet has become increasingly predictable over the last 5 years.

I am not in favor of politicians skipping debate. Kind of the point. 

With regard to a comedian moderating, one could argue they already do. Many are a joke. 

Joe Rogan wouldn't be a terrible moderator.  If entertainment is what you're after in presidential debates he'd fit the bill.  He's not exactly "more left" though.  He's more libertarian than anything, particularly the left on social issues and drug legalization/right on economics wing.

But it's not a serious forum for a presidential debate.  There are three presidential debates scheduled assuming Trump doesn't try to weasel out of one with his "Joe's on performance enhancing drugs" trial balloon floated out there.  

Finally, I need a four-hour debate hosted by a weed-smoking podcaster like I need a hole in the head.  Hell, what is Trump going to say that would tell you something about him you haven't already learned from the 2016 campaign plus four years in the WH, not to mention three other debates?

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Joe Rogan wouldn't be a terrible moderator.  If entertainment is what you're after in presidential debates he'd fit the bill.  He's not exactly "more left" though.  He's more libertarian than anything, particularly the left on social issues and drug legalization/right on economics wing.

But it's not a serious forum for a presidential debate.  There are three presidential debates scheduled assuming Trump doesn't try to weasel out of one with his "Joe's on performance enhancing drugs" trial balloon floated out there.  

Finally, I need a four-hour debate hosted by a weed-smoking podcaster like I need a hole in the head.  Hell, what is Trump going to say that would tell you something about him you haven't already learned from the 2016 campaign plus four years in the WH, not to mention three other debates?

Trump won’t weasel out of the debates. He loves to hear himself talk too much to do that. 

Just now, wdefromtx said:

Trump won’t weasel out of the debates. He loves to hear himself talk too much to do that. 

I don't think either of them will.  But the only one of the two to actually hint that there could be a question on the matter is Trump.  Biden has said he'll be there straight up.  So the notion that because he doesn't want to add some four hour silly session on top of it he's reluctant to debate is just pathetically laughable.

Rogan is more left than right, but that doesn't make him very far left.  I don't expect this type of debate would ever happen in any scenario, but at least you could bet he wouldn't be lofting softballs all day long to one side or the other.

4 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

There are some in this thread who were all for Tommy Tuberville not debating Sessions even once and now want to crush Biden over not wanting to take part in a farcical debate hosted by Joe Rogan.  It's hypocrisy to the nth degree.

Incidentally, they're using the same strategy for the general against Jones.  Refusing to debate and now his advisors aren't even letting him do public appearances where media is present.  It's a pathetic campaign and Republicans and Alabamians deserve better.

8 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Joe Rogan wouldn't be a terrible moderator.  If entertainment is what you're after in presidential debates he'd fit the bill.  He's not exactly "more left" though.  He's more libertarian than anything, particularly the left on social issues and drug legalization/right on economics wing. Check out some of Joe's interviews with Vets. Very powerful and entertaining yet not for the reasons you're articulating.

But it's not a serious forum for a presidential debate.  There are three presidential debates scheduled assuming Trump doesn't try to weasel out of one with his "Joe's on performance enhancing drugs" trial balloon floated out there.  See point #1. Joe can be serious. It's 2020 not 1980 and serious debate podcasts could happen. 

Finally, I need a four-hour debate hosted by a weed-smoking podcaster like I need a hole in the head.  Hell, what is Trump going to say that would tell you something about him you haven't already learned from the 2016 campaign plus four years in the WH, not to mention three other debates? Four hours was random as was the debate suggestion. Ground rules change in debate frequently. Well likely nothing, but neither will Biden.

19 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Rogan is more left than right, but that doesn't make him very far left.  I don't expect this type of debate would ever happen in any scenario, but at least you could bet he wouldn't be lofting softballs all day long to one side or the other.

People aren't being very honest here, but if they were they would admit that is the reason for the dodge. All the excuses in the world won't change that.

It's a podcast. It could happen tomorrow. The deflection to some formal debate process is laughable. It's a podcast. 

Also, if Biden had agreed to a podcast and Trump refrained you'd never here the end of it here. It would be billed as the greatest show on earth but for Trump. The hypocrisy is glaring.

24 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I don't think either of them will.  But the only one of the two to actually hint that there could be a question on the matter is Trump.  Biden has said he'll be there straight up.  So the notion that because he doesn't want to add some four hour silly session on top of it he's reluctant to debate is just pathetically laughable.

Still though, he loves to hear himself talk too much to back out. His ego won’t allow it. 

Archived