Proposal: 4 Hour Presidential Debate Hosted by Joe Rogan...

DKW 86

30 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Rogan is more left than right, but that doesn't make him very far left.  I don't expect this type of debate would ever happen in any scenario, but at least you could bet he wouldn't be lofting softballs all day long to one side or the other.

Rogan very rarely challenges his guests in any way. The one time I watched him bring people on with opposing viewpoints, the louder guy won. He might be a decent moderator, but nothing I've seen from his podcast would suggest it.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, savorytiger said:

Rogan very rarely challenges his guests in any way. The one time I watched him bring people on with opposing viewpoints, the louder guy won. He might be a decent moderator, but nothing I've seen from his podcast would suggest it.

This wouldn't be regular guests in any way. This would be two people vying for the leadership of the country. He would be better than some of the pre-loaded question tossers we've seen in the past.  😏  However, as most of us have said, this thing would likely never take wings.

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

I am not in favor of politicians skipping debate. Kind of the point. 

Where is Biden skipping debate?  He's signed up for all three sanctioned debates.  Kind of my point.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Incidentally, they're using the same strategy for the general against Jones.  Refusing to debate and now his advisors aren't even letting him do public appearances where media is present.  It's a pathetic campaign and Republicans and Alabamians deserve better.

Considering he hasn't put forth any actual ideas, I'm not shocked.

46 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

People aren't being very honest here, but if they were they would admit that is the reason for the dodge. All the excuses in the world won't change that.

Trump could be challenging Biden to an asinine chicken wing or hot dog eating contest in this scenario and you'd be calling him a coward for saying "nah, I'm good."

This is where we are now. 

50 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

People aren't being very honest here, but if they were they would admit that is the reason for the dodge.

It's not a dodge.  He's agreed to three debates already.  Why does he need to also go on some podcast to prove anything?  I'm sure Trevor Noah or Jon Stewart could host and entertaining debate too, but what's the point?

8 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Where is Biden skipping debate?  He's signed up for all three sanctioned debates.  Kind of my point.

Point missed. Might want to check thread title. ;)

My name is not Ben Domenech. lol

A good moderator presses the candidates on issues beyond the line where their talking points can protect them. That is what Joe Rogan does with every guest. Part of the measure of the length of his interviews is that very few people can remain interesting for more than two hours. What he alone might get out of these two men after more than that amount of time could be amazing.

The president’s acceptance of this offer is another sign that this is the last year in which the Commission on Presidential Debates will be determinative about these things. People are tired of this Boomer format. They’re ready to move on to something for the age of YouTube. And they’re not going to have a bunch of people born in the 1930s and 40s dictate parameters and name their favorite TV hosts to do this in 2024. 

Joe Rogan may not get to moderate a debate this time. But eventually, he will.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/09/15/heres-why-joe-rogan-would-be-an-excellent-debate-moderator/#.X2Dk50e30eI.twitter

This is why Joe Rogan hosting a debate is a stupid idea.  The claim has already been debunked by the freaking FBI, but he's out here peddling this nonsense.

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

This is why Joe Rogan hosting a debate is a stupid idea.  The claim has already been debunked by the freaking FBI, but he's out here peddling this nonsense.

Thank goodness our scheduled moderator's have never held a wrong opinion. Oh wait!

2 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Thank goodness our scheduled moderator's have never held a wrong opinion. Oh wait!

Wrong opinion based on changing information is very different from peddling known conspiracy theories AFTER they've already been debunked.

2 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

If I want a night filled with kooks who’ll share tinfoil hat nuttery without blinking, I’ll just log on to Facebook. 

JOE ROGAN HAS AMASSED one of the largest and most influential media platforms in U.S. politics, if not the single most influential. The value of his program was quantified in May when the streaming service Spotify paid a reported $100 million for the exclusive rights to broadcast his podcast.

As one illustrative example of his reach, NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden appeared on Rogan’s program six days ago, and the episode has already been viewed more than 5 million times on YouTube alone. The first time Snowden appeared on his program was last October, and that episode, just on YouTube, has more than 16 million views. To put that in perspective: The top-rated cable news programs are the Fox News shows hosted by Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity, and they average between 4 to 5 million viewers, or one-fourth the number of views Rogan’s discussion with Snowden generated.

https://theintercept.com/2020/09/22/as-joe-rogans-platform-grows-so-does-the-media-and-liberal-backlash-why/

33 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

JOE ROGAN HAS AMASSED one of the largest and most influential media platforms in U.S. politics, if not the single most influential. The value of his program was quantified in May when the streaming service Spotify paid a reported $100 million for the exclusive rights to broadcast his podcast.

As one illustrative example of his reach, NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden appeared on Rogan’s program six days ago, and the episode has already been viewed more than 5 million times on YouTube alone. The first time Snowden appeared on his program was last October, and that episode, just on YouTube, has more than 16 million views. To put that in perspective: The top-rated cable news programs are the Fox News shows hosted by Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity, and they average between 4 to 5 million viewers, or one-fourth the number of views Rogan’s discussion with Snowden generated.

https://theintercept.com/2020/09/22/as-joe-rogans-platform-grows-so-does-the-media-and-liberal-backlash-why/

This is an argumentum ad populam. As I've said in the past, "Eat s***! A trillion flies can't be wrong!"

Bold prediction for any Trump/Biden debate:

Trump will try to break his own record for how many times he repeats himself making a statement about the same issue.

Biden will struggle to remember what the issue is he is responding to.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, as i have pointed at on another thread. The MSM is just not going to ask a tough question, nor even a really relevant question. Joe might at least get them to talk and admit some things. 

What we have now, ergo the 1 hour NBC Biden Infomercial, is pretty much propaganda. Fake questions from fake voters, and softball lobs from the press.

Archived