'American Gulag'

Tigermike

Why are the folks at Gitmo stonewalling? Are they hiding something?

162757[/snapback]

Maybe the good folks in harm's way down in Gitmo are too busy doing other things to waste their time refuting a bullcrap report from a now partisan organization like Amnesty with more than a little vested interest in bashing this Administration. More importantly, who gives a rat's patootie what Amnesty thinks? I wouldn't want to waste my time on this either, because that just validates their very existance. More importantly, the military knows it is a no win situation. Kind of a "When did you stop hitting your wife?" kind of thing - if they say there was no abuse uncovered, they get slammed. If they say there was abuse and we are dealing with it internally, they get slammed. What is their motivation to respond? When making a bunch of pinko touchy feeley freaks happy is at the top of our military's agenda, someone please find me a bus ticket out of here, before the planes start hitting shopping malls and sports arenas.

I don't also suppose the fact that MS. Khan, the Amnesty president, is MUSLIM had anything to do with her America bashing and her support of terrorists, did it? Any conflict there? I wonder...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was AI considered partisan before or after they criticized US practices? Who gives a rat's patootie about what AI says, anyway? Well, the Bush administration certainly did when they were quoting AI's assessment of human rights conditions in Iraq. Which leads me to wonder, was Ms. Khan LESS Muslim when she criticized Iraq's practices?

well allegations... isn't that reliable. Almost everything you see on the news is basd on allegations rather than facts.

And most people take those allegations as fact.

Sick

well allegations... isn't that reliable. Almost everything you see on the news is basd on allegations rather than facts. 

Sick

162789[/snapback]

You hit the nail on the head, 85. Until I see verifiable proof that one of these murderers have been actually tortured (fingernails pulled out, shot in the head as an example to others, fed half way into a shredder, etc) in order to get them to talk, then I refuse to allow myself to get spun up over nothing.

I know for a fact that our military doesn't operate in this manner.

Sick

162789[/snapback]

You hit the nail on the head, 85. Until I see verifiable proof that one of these murderers ...

162888[/snapback]

And yet, you require absolutely no proof that the unnamed people we have locked up are all "murderers."

Sick

162789[/snapback]

You hit the nail on the head, 85. Until I see verifiable proof that one of these murderers ...

162888[/snapback]

And yet, you require absolutely no proof that the unnamed people we have locked up are all "murderers."

162889[/snapback]

Were they captured Aunt Bea's quilting or on the battle field?

Archived