Who you got?

bigbird

Which 2020 signee do you think will have the biggest impact this season? Choose an offensive, defensive, JUCO, and Transfer, and add your rationale.

Offense

Tank Bigsby

Kobe Hudson

Ze'Vian Capers

J.J. Evans

Jeremiah Wright

Chayil Garnett

Malcolm Johnson Jr.

Jeremiah Pegues

Elijah Canion

Brandon Frazier

Avery Jernigan

Tate Johnson

Defense

Zykeivous Walker

Wesley Steiner

Ladarius Tennison

Eric Reed

Chris Thompson Jr.

Romello Height

Jay Hardy

Daniel Foster-Allen

Desmond Tisdol

Cameron Riley

Transfer

Nick Curtis

Grant Loy

Caylin Newton

Brandon Council

JUCO

Kilian Zierer

Marco Domio

Brenden Coffey

Marquis Burks

Deandre Butler

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

Which 2020 signee do you think will have the biggest impact this season? Choose an offensive, defensive, JUCO, and Transfer, and add your rationale.

I love this thread already and can't wait to see everybody's thoughts! This is tough because I have 2 freshman guys on each side.

Defensive Freshman- Ladarrious Tennison. I think he will be a big contributor on defense in the backup role behind Tutt as well as a special teams nightmare. 

Offensive- my go to is Tank because I think he is just too talented to not see adequate PT, but my true pick is TE Brandon Frazier. I have had a hunch every since he committed  (and it is on record) that this kid would turn out to be one of the most important recruits of that class and have the biggest impact. I think he has some hills to climb, but he is a monster target for Bo and is extremely athletic for his size as well. 

Juco- Dre Butler- I think he makes a name for himself by week 3 and provides a good rush from the interior. starter by week 4.

Transfer- B. Council. He will more than likely lock in one of the starting spots on OL and is versatile to move around in case of injury or Rona.

For defense I’ll go with Tennison. I think he’ll be a star for us. He’s a big time playmaker

For offense I’ll say Capers. With his size and catching skills, he’s just a natural WR, that makes it look easy. I feel like he’ll make early contributions for us 

Transfer I think I’ll go with Council since he plays like every position on the OL I feel like he’ll be a big help for us 

And JUCO I’ll go with Butler. He’ll make plays in both pass rush and run stopping. I think he’ll live in opposing backfields

I am going to pick some that haven’t been chosen in this thread yet, just because we have a lot of talented players coming in!

Offense - Tank will get some chances, although that RB room has a lot of talent and depth!  My honorable mention is Kobe.  He’s another very talented receiver that will get on the field this year.  

Defense - Steiner.  I think he will be #2 behind KJ and he will make some plays this year!  He’s also easy to root for!

Transfer - Council is the obvious choice here, so I’m going with Loy.  Don’t underestimate how important that signing was.  He immediately became QB2 when he got here.  He will get the garbage time reps, and if Bo misses time for COVID, injury, etc. Loy may become the most important signee in this entire class!

JUCO - I will go with Burks, the other DL. This DL depth is huge this year!  Losing DB, MD, and now CM, both of these DL will get chances early and often.  

16 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Transfer - Council is the obvious choice here, so I’m going with Loy.  Don’t underestimate how important that signing was.  He immediately became QB2 when he got here.  He will get the garbage time reps, and if Bo misses time for COVID, injury, etc. Loy may become the most important signee in this entire class!

Agree with your whole post but especially this. Loy will need some reps with the ones imo as well as the usual garbage time reps in a game. I think we'll see the backup QB playing a lot more across college football for COVID reasons alone. 

O: Brandon Frazier (Capers will probably be the right answer)

I think Frazier is the most dynamic and natural TE since Uzomah. I just think with Morris's use of multiple TE sets he will become a real threat.

D Chris Thompson Jr 

With limited safety depth, I think he will play a good bit and have about the same impact Smoke and Sherwood had as TFr. I almost picked Steiner but the LB depth is much better than it is at safety.

Xfer: Council

He's gonna start . Period.  IMO, the only other with a chance for regular PT is Newton but as a receiver he won't have the same impact.

JUCO: Marco Domio

I like the DTs because their opportunity for PT is probably the highest but, shockingly, I'm gonna stay in the secondary. I think he has the best chance to take a starting position.

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

Offense

Ze'Vian Capers

Defense

Jay Hardy

Transfer

Brandon Council

JUCO

Deandre Butler

Awesome conversation to start, dude.

Some of these are based off need this season. My honorable mentions and guys that I think will end up having important careers here are Tank, Jernigan and Frazier on offense- maybe Jet Johnson, too- Steiner, Tennison, Walker and Thompson on defense, Newton from the transfers, and every juco guy. Exciting group for sure.

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

- Steiner, Tennison, Walker and Thompson on defense

Don't forget Reed. He's going to be a stud!

Capers- He won’t be the star of the O, but I think he will make a big impact as the season progresses and set himself up for next year. 

Steiner- A stud in his own right who will play a lot and provide depth/ situational spots. Hardy would be the other newbie to keep an eye on. 

Council- Obviously will be playing a huge role in an unproven position group. Great signing here. 

Domio- Another great plug&play and will impact immediately. 

20 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Capers- He won’t be the star of the O

Agree and just using your comment as a jumping off point, but with any luck we will have a tough time picking out a single star, except for maybe Bo winning that designation by default. 

And that's not a prediction of success, but of balance. 

I think Tank. Especially since the running back room is wide open. If we had a returning 1000 yard rusher, things would be different. But we lost Whitlow, who wasn't even a 1000 yard rusher.

It's kind of the easy answer, and I'd love to give a more original one. But it's just honestly what I think is going to be the case. Tank is a beast.

14 hours ago, bigbird said:

Offense

Tank Bigsby

Kobe Hudson

Ze'Vian Capers

J.J. Evans

Jeremiah Wright

Chayil Garnett

Malcolm Johnson Jr.

Jeremiah Pegues

Elijah Canion

Brandon Frazier

Avery Jernigan

Tate Johnson

Defense

Zykeivous Walker

Wesley Steiner

Ladarius Tennison

Eric Reed

Chris Thompson Jr.

Romello Height

Jay Hardy

Daniel Foster-Allen

Desmond Tisdol

Cameron Riley

Transfer

Nick Curtis

Grant Loy

Caylin Newton

Brandon Council

JUCO

Kilian Zierer

Marco Domio

Brenden Coffey

Marquis Burks

Deandre Butler

Offense- Haven’t looked below, but I’d guess that the trendy pick is Tank. I think he’ll get touches, but I think he’s behind Shivers and Williams, given some of the things that have come out of practices. I’m going Capers. He’s apparently been really really impressive. 

Defense- Steiner is probably going to be the 4th linebacker now that Wooten is sitting out. I’m not sure how much the others get on the field, but Steiner will be a bit part of the linebacker rotation. 

Transfer- You almost have to pick Council. He’s expected to start, and is listed as a back up in several places. That said, Cam’s brother has impressed. I still think council will be more important, but I think Caylin will also have a big impact. 

Juco- Toss up between Domio and Butler. With (blanking on his name) recently leaving at DT, Butler (who has garnered some praise... pun intended) will probably be a staple in the rotation. Domio though is in competition for the starting spot opposite mccreary. From what I’ve heard, he’s slipped potentially as low as 3rd in that competition, but it’s also a tight competition. In addition, we rotate our corners a lot as well. So he will also likely get some major playing time regardless of whether or not he starts.

14 hours ago, bigbird said:

Offense

Tank Bigsby

Kobe Hudson

Ze'Vian Capers

J.J. Evans

Jeremiah Wright

Chayil Garnett

Malcolm Johnson Jr.

Jeremiah Pegues

Elijah Canion

Brandon Frazier

Avery Jernigan

Tate Johnson

Defense

Zykeivous Walker

Wesley Steiner

Ladarius Tennison

Eric Reed

Chris Thompson Jr.

Romello Height

Jay Hardy

Daniel Foster-Allen

Desmond Tisdol

Cameron Riley

Transfer

Nick Curtis

Grant Loy

Caylin Newton

Brandon Council

JUCO

Kilian Zierer

Marco Domio

Brenden Coffey

Marquis Burks

Deandre Butler

Offense - Frazier TE (only bc I am wishing it..)

Defense- Hardy ( someone from the FR are going to HAVE to come through, bc someone on the DL is going to get hurt)

Juco -      Domio (he's going to show how solid he really is defending)

Tranfer - Newton (just bc he has the Newton genes)

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

O: Brandon Frazier (Capers will probably be the right answer)

I think Frazier is the most dynamic and natural TE since Uzomah. I just think with Morris's use of multiple TE sets he will become a real threat.

D Chris Thompson Jr 

With limited safety depth, I think he will play a good bit and have about the same impact Smoke and Sherwood had as TFr. I almost picked Steiner but the LB depth is much better than it is at safety.

Xfer: Council

He's gonna start . Period.  IMO, the only other with a chance for regular PT is Newton but as a receiver he won't have the same impact.

JUCO: Marco Domio

I like the DTs because their opportunity for PT is probably the highest but, shockingly, I'm gonna stay in the secondary. I think he has the best chance to take a starting position.

I was reading through the OP and thought to myself, Capers, Steiner, Council, Domio. Then I scroll down and see your post 😂. I do really like the Frazier and Thompson picks. I remember (on Thompson) reading the Texas board and the usual “we have someone better signing, etc etc” came up and the amount of people that responded with “idc if the replacement is a 5 star or not, you want this guy on your football team” made me feel really good about snagging this guy.

Offense - Brendan Frazier

Defense - Tie Wesley Steiner/ Chris Thompson if have to choose one Steiner

Juco - Marco Domio

Transfer - Brandon Council

Special Teams - Oscar Chapman

Archived