For all of you who think Auburn was in bad shape

TigerJS

How about when Dye arrived at Auburn. If you remember correctly, in 1980, Auburn did not win a single SEC game. Talk about a team that was at the bottom. Dye built the program from scratch and in his third year, he won the SEC.

I am so freaking tired of all you Tubby lovers make all these excuses. Yes, the program was in bad shape in 1998, but not near as bad as 1981. What has Tuberville done that can even come close to comparing to what Coach Dye did? Please enlighten me.

Dye beat Bear Bryant and Alabama at Legion Field for the first time in 9 years. Tuberville lost to Alabama at Jordan-Hare for the first time ever, and lost again, he has never beat 'Bama at Auburn.

Nothing, but the issue isn't Tubbs vs. Dye or even Tubbs vs. Buster Brown. I think we all agreed when the hiring of CTT was anounced that he was the perfect choice to rebuild the program to respectablility. At the same time we knew we would never win the national champoionship with him either. Tubbs is a rebuilder. His job is done, the shevles are stocked and the floors are shined, now it is time to bring in the man who will take us to the top.

Nothing, but the issue isn't Tubbs vs. Dye or even Tubbs vs. Buster Brown. I think we all agreed when the hiring of CTT was anounced that he was the perfect choice to rebuild the program to respectablility. At the same time we knew we would never win the national champoionship with him either. Tubbs is a rebuilder. His job is done, the shevles are stocked and the floors are shined, now it is time to bring in the man who will take us to the top.

I like this post.

I say Mike Stoops is the man!

WDE! / Boomer Sooner ;)

Archived