2021 Recruiting Board (Finished 5/19/21)

Zeek

7 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Christian Leary was a big miss. Adonai Mitchell was another miss. 

Definitely yes on Christian!

I think Hal and Adonai are very comparable

19 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Definitely yes on Christian!

We missed on 5 star jacorey brooks too but I was never confident in getting him anyway. But yeah getting Presley definitely eases the sting of Mitchell committing elsewhere 

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

It's a good thing

Getting a few from distant places like Texas can't hurt. Getting only two from Alabama and zero from Georgia does hurt. It reveals a level of failure in this year's recruiting that we don't often see.

36 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Getting a few from distant places like Texas can't hurt. Getting only two from Alabama and zero from Georgia does hurt. It reveals a level of failure in this year's recruiting that we don't often see.

Who’s the Georgia guys we should get?

2 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Should I post a link to the top 50 prospects in Georgia? We normally get our fair share of them, just look at our current roster. A quick check shows that 11 of our 22 starters in the LSU game were Georgia players. To zero out in that state is an ill omen, to say the least.

43 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I completely understand about having a strong recruiting base. There are only so many prospects and with UGA, UF, Bama, UTk, and LSU all vying for the same base, our ability to expand the university's reach is vital.  The inroads in Texas this year will pay off for many future classes.

Although there have been some major misses this cycle from AL and GA, I don't look at the lack of recruits from our traditional base as a complete recruiting failure. Especially since we have been able to reach into some major Texas programs as well as continue with our South Florida selections.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I completely understand about having a strong recruiting base. There are only so many prospects and with UGA, UF, Bama, UTk, and LSU all vying for the same base, our ability to expand the university's reach is vital.  The inroads in Texas this year will pay off for many future classes.

Although there have been some major misses this cycle from AL and GA, I don't look at the lack of recruits from our traditional base as a complete recruiting failure. Especially since we have been able to reach into some major Texas programs as well as continue with our South Florida selections.

It's a good thing Texas is there this year. So far we aren't even getting the players out of Georgia that the DullDawgs don't want. Are we getting Texas players that the Aggies, Sooners and Longhorns are offering, or are we picking up diamonds in the rough out there?

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

It's a good thing Texas is there this year. So far we aren't even getting the players out of Georgia that the DullDawgs don't want. Are we getting Texas players that the Aggies, Sooners and Longhorns are offering, or are we picking up diamonds in the rough out there?

All of the Texas guys are legit recruits with impressive offer list. Roberts, Davis, and King are all highly regarded and coveted. The most recent, Hal Presley is probably the least heralded but even he has a very nice offer list. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

I haven't kept up. Which Wrs did we miss on?

Christian Leary, Roc Taylor, Shadrach Banks, Isaiah Brevard, Brashard Smith, & Adonai Mitchell

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, bigbird said:

Maybe but Mitchell was higher on our staff's board.

5 hours ago, Sizzle said:

I don't know about should get but losses in that state are

Mims
Vandagriff
Micah Morris
Dylan Fairchild
Jonathan Jefferson
Marlin Dean
Soon to be Mondon & Nyland Green

From a list of 8 like that we usually get a couple.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

I don't know about should get but losses in that state are

Mims
Vandagriff
Micah Morris
Dylan Fairchild
Jonathan Jefferson
Marlin Dean
Soon to be Mondon & Nyland Green

From a list of 8 like that we usually get a couple.

Do we have ANY chance with Mondon or Green? I haven't been keeping up. Green is the guy I really wanted, even more than Kool-Aid.

52 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Do we have ANY chance with Mondon or Green? I haven't been keeping up. Green is the guy I really wanted, even more than Kool-Aid.

Green little chance. With Monden we are fighting but Georgia is likely the favorite. We need to land Trevin Wallace from Georgia who is having a hell of a season at LB for his team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Green little chance. With Monden we are fighting but Georgia is likely the favorite. We need to land Trevin Wallace from Georgia who is having a hell of a season at LB for his team.

I would love to get Monden but to be honest I don't see it happening but Trevin Wallace would be a huge pickup.

We can usually hold our own against BC and Baylor. One of these days we'll win a 5* battle one on one against UAT, UGA, LSU, or UF but we're not there right now.

3 hours ago, autan said:

We can usually hold our own against BC and Baylor. One of these days we'll win a 5* battle one on one against UAT, UGA, LSU, or UF but we're not there right now.

funny and sad

• Like 1

On 11/13/2020 at 3:23 PM, autan said:

Wasn’t Owen Pappoe like last year...?

46 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Wasn’t Owen Pappoe like last year...?

Basically 2 classes ago now. Tank was the closest thing we got to beating them for a 5* in the last class.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, autan said:

Was Tank dropped to a 4* before or after committing to AU?

@autan Almost half a year after he committed. He committed in August. Got his 5th* in December & lost it right back in January after Rivals was not impressed with his Under Armour Week & game. They thought he ran East-West too much instead of downhill.

20 hours ago, ellitor said:

@autan Almost half a year after he committed. He committed in August. Got his 5th* in December & lost it right back in January after Rivals was not impressed with his Under Armour Week & game. They thought he ran East-West too much instead of downhill.

Complaining about Tank running east and west too much 😂

Thats what happens when recruiting guys have too much time to analyze a prospect. Few RBs get up field and run downhill better than Tank

8 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Complaining about Tank running east and west too much 😂

Thats what happens when recruiting guys have too much time to analyze a prospect. Few RBs get up field and run downhill better than Tank

Those “experts” definitely overthought that too much. Tank was obviously a 5 star back. I feel the same way about Goodwin but it hurt him not having a junior season from injury 

I'm with @Mikeyon this. Going 0-for-Georgia is bad. I'm not sure it's ever happened. I'll be honest that missing on Dylan Fairchild and Nyland Green hurt the worst for me. In my view, Green is the elite guy we wanted at CB. We're churning out NFL CBs right now. That should've been an easy sell, and somehow, we never closed it.

It's fine to patch together a recruiting class with guys from outside your footprint out of necessity, but it's a bad sign to need to patch it together in Year 8. No way to cut it. This class is going to be our least successful from a recruiting ranking standpoint in a long, long time. (No way to know how it'll pan out on the field.) If we somehow pulled Taylor and/or Brooks, that would be HUGE, but even then, it would be a lower rated class.

Losing Kool Aid, Lassiter, and Green put me in a truly negative place on this class. We should've had two of those guys, one at the very worst. Wiffing on all three is brutal.

• Like 1