Null

2021 Recruiting Board

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can have the family feel and atmosphere and still have an assassin's mentality. They aren't mutually exclusive.

Our failures recruiting the OL have been rehashed as nauseum but.....this is truly the signature failure of Malzahn’s tenure (which is an extraordinary accomplishment given the choices). Our inability

What do you know about this stuff? Newcomer!  

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, bigbird said:
20 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Our staff just doesn’t seem strategic in their focus at all. So frustrating. 

Exactly. There is zero strategy or forward thinking in our recruiting strategies.

And this is why touting the “strength” of Malzahn’s recruiting classes is so disingenuous. The overall number of stars and star averages look good but the failure to adequately and appropriately address roster needs is woefully inadequate. Look at the OL and QB depth as prime examples 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, fredst said:

And this is why touting the “strength” of Malzahn’s recruiting classes is so disingenuous. The overall number of stars and star averages look good but the failure to adequately and appropriately address roster needs is woefully inadequate. Look at the OL and QB depth as prime examples 

Agree on those positions but at most positions I disagree. That talent has been there. They just haven't been developed at some positions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Agree on those positions but at most positions I disagree. That talent has been there. They just haven't been developed at some positions.

I can’t disagree with that. I’m pointing to overall roster management with OL and QB being the most glaring examples. LB has been a problem during the Malzahn tenure as Mikey will happily remind you. The secondary has been a problem at times. Amazingly, the one position we have consistently recruited pretty well is WR with development and, more importantly, utilization being a solid “D” to “F”

18 hours ago, ellitor said:

Disagree on defense...agree on offense. We’ve developed well on D l, but not on O.

Edited by War to the Eagle
14 hours ago, ellitor said:

And as most of us remind Mikey that was pre T-Will.

Actually, it was pre-Muschamp. In his one recruiting cycle here (2015) he signed 5 LB's and started us on the road to recovery at the position.