2021 Recruiting Board (Finished 5/19/21)

Zeek

Can someone catch me up on the Twill and ego thing? Keep seeing it mentioned..

If recruit doesn't commit right away he writes him off? 

Edit: nevermind read in other thread

Edited by atl-tiger

20 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

The ship is going down. Watch FSU to see what we will become soon. 

Or more long term Tennessee.

• Sad 1

On 10/21/2020 at 7:48 PM, gr82b4au said:

Add Mondon to the miss list. Wow. We are on a roll. 

Not that we have  chance but he hasn't committed yet. His is still 3 weeks away.

On 10/22/2020 at 9:14 AM, 1auburn1 said:

Situations like this are the proverbial “nail in the coffin” for a coaching tenure. 

In most years & most situations. This isn't most of either unfortunately.

48 minutes ago, ellitor said:

In most years & most situations. This isn't most of either unfortunately.

I know.    Sickening.     A change probably won't happen this year but the continued slide in recruiting will ensure that it WILL happen.    No coach outside of one's named Nick, Dabo or Jimbo had more job security than Gus did 3 yrs ago.    "Security" supposedly being the Holy Grail to achieve recruiting success.    As is Gus, he can take something good and make it mediocre.

• Like 2

So here it says up to 8 or 9 implying that we would sit at either 21-22 which would be a pretty little class however sensible with players quitting this year and there being so much vulnerability (also how much the last class was stacked up). 

I'm disturbed to see us behind Tennessee and Texas A&M considering we've had much more accomplishment over the most recent twenty years than those projects. We generally appear to come through in the end yet Tenn enrolling is disturbing to me. 

I'll refresh a portion of my OP based off this post. 

Tennessee is stacking up with a couple of value players however it's generally amount, that is the reason they're so high. We're loaded up with quality players. Try not to ponder it. Something very similar would happen to Clemson a few years back, a few years they'd be around the 12-15 territory since they follow quality and not amount 

No doubt I'm simply annoyed about them getting fellows we needed. Gooch was somebody I truly preferred yet I think nearby weight got to him. 

Bar Orr reporting today. Tell ya what, the FSU board is some sort of amped up for him. Some over yonder saying they believe he's a first year starter at tackle. I know the story and I comprehend what's up, and why we haven't offered, yet it sort of smells to know there's a person who couldn't want anything more than to come to AU and a force 5 program that is going to get him is truly amped up for him...

Are any of these transfers out of Miss State worth pursuing?  2 of them are D linemen which is an area that Auburn could use some help.  

Feels like we're gonna be shutout of getting 5 star players in the last week or so. Way to go Gus. You are really earning that 6. whatever million that Auburn has been dishing out to you. Go get'em big daddy.

Edited by auburn4ever

5 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Are any of these transfers out of Miss State worth pursuing?  2 of them are D linemen which is an area that Auburn could use some help.  

I wish Gus would be forbidden from recruiting any transfers or JUCOs for the next couple of years. I’m tired of him patching together a team year after year. Him and his staff need to sack up and stop getting their rear end handed to them for key high school recruits. 

10 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I wish Gus would be forbidden from recruiting any transfers or JUCOs for the next couple of years. I’m tired of him patching together a team year after year. Him and his staff need to sack up and stop getting their rear end handed to them for key high school recruits. 

@Gowebb11Not going to happen as far as getting the key high school talent. If it weren’t for those transfers we would be in deep crap. Totally agree on the jucos but most of the transfers have contributed well. We may not even have enough to fill a roster without them.

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Gowebb11Not going to happen as far as getting the key high school talent. If it weren’t for those transfers we would be in deep crap. Totally agree on the jucos but most of the transfers have contributed well. We may not even have enough to fill a roster without them.

I’m speaking to a much bigger point. I’m very aware that we’ve had success with JUCOs and transfers. I’m also aware that the top teams were are trying to contend with aren’t nearly as reliant on them as we are. I’m further aware that we’ve gone more than 30 years without back to back 10 win seasons. There’s no consistency in our program because it is not built on a sound foundation. It is being run in a patchwork fashion and we’re scratching our head wondering why we’re getting patchwork results. It sounds like you don’t believe we can compete on the recruiting front with the big dogs. I believe that we can and for the money our staff makes, we should. We need a new coach and new staff that replaces our “family vibe” culture with a “relentless pursuit of excellence” culture. Keep doing what we’re doing and we’ll keep getting the results we’re getting. I believe we can do better, much better. 

8 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

We need a new coach and new staff that replaces our “family vibe” culture with a “relentless pursuit of excellence” culture.

Mario Cristobal...paging you to aisle Auburn 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

It sounds like you don’t believe we can compete on the recruiting front with the big dogs. I believe that we can and for the money our staff makes, we should.

@Gowebb11 We can't with the current regime & it's plain as day to see. I've never said nor implied we couldn't compete in recruiting with the big dogs with the right coach & environment. You've read many of my posts over the years & should know not to have that misinterpretation. Whether it be one or 2 years away this is a lame duck staff & many top recruits are not going to play in such a volatile environment. You have been one of the realist critics of this staff over the years. Barring a miraculous playoff run next year should they make it that far, what in the world makes you think this regime can turn it around in recruiting to where the bigger targets aren't worried about this regime's inconsistency  or buying into some program stability that isn't there?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Barring a miraculous playoff run next year should they make it that far, what in the world makes you think this regime can turn it around in recruiting to where the bigger targets aren't worried about this regime's inconsistency  or buying into some program stability that isn't there?

According to this quote from my post, it seems we are more on the same page than not: “We need a new coach and new staff that replaces our “family vibe” culture with a “relentless pursuit of excellence” culture. Keep doing what we’re doing and we’ll keep getting the results we’re getting. I believe we can do better, much better. 

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

According to this quote from my post, it seems we are more on the same page than not: “

We need a new coach and new staff that replaces our “family vibe” culture with a “relentless pursuit of excellence” culture. Keep doing what we’re doing and we’ll keep getting the results we’re getting. I believe we can do better, much better. 

You can have the family feel and atmosphere and still have an assassin's mentality. They aren't mutually exclusive.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You can have the family feel and atmosphere and still have an assassin's mentality. They aren't mutually exclusive.

I support this message! 

15 hours ago, bigbird said:

I agree. But we don’t have both. We lack the assassins mentality. I’m tired of hearing recruits en masse refer to their recruiter from UAT, UGA, and Bama as ‘all business’ and ‘relentless’ while referring to the AU recruiter as a ‘cool guy’ and a ‘chill dude’. We need more alpha on the recruiting trail. All in my humble opinion. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bigbird said:

You can even be named Dabo and have both of those things. 

• Like 2