2021 Recruiting Board (Finished 5/19/21)

Zeek

22 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You can even be named Dabo and have both of those things. 

Can we have the ACC too? That would help greatly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, wcware said:

Honestly if something doesn’t dramatically change will we even finish in the top 30 in recruiting?

Yes. We will sign 21-22 in the class & that will have us comfortably in the top 30, not that it's anything worth writing home about.

3 hours ago, wcware said:

With everyone having another year of eligibility because of Covid how does that effect the 85 scholarship rule?

@wcwareIt has been revoked for a years or 2. The big thing is giving everyone a blanket free year this year hurts a good number of high school SRs. They will not have the opportunities they normally would get.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

@wcwareIt has been revoked for a years or 2. The big thing is giving everyone a blanket free year this year hurts a good number of high school SRs. They will not have the opportunities they normally would get.

That’s exactly what I was feeling. I would not want this to be my SR. year of high school 

On 10/30/2020 at 9:44 PM, ellitor said:

Yes. We will sign 21-22 in the class & that will have us comfortably in the top 30, not that it's anything worth writing home about.

Unless AU flips a few kids, this will NOT be a top 30 class

1 hour ago, keywest said:

@keywestI have done this a very long time & know the math pretty well. If we keep what we have & sign 21-22 as expected we will finish in the top 30 without flips. We are 21st right now in the composite with a score of 206.81. The low end threshold for 30th in a class the past 5 years has ranged from 207 to 218. We can easily pass those marks with just a few 3* commits. Either one of Hal Preseley or Trevin Wallace would put us over the 207 mark. Both would put us over the 218 mark.

4 hours ago, keywest said:

lol top 30 won’t do squat for an SEC school. Gus needs to get top 5 to compete again. 

I thought after Auburn's 48-11 beat down to LSU, we would have picked up 1 or 2 new commits.

Edited by auburn4ever

36 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I thought after Auburn's 48-11 beat down to LSU, we would have picked up 1 or 2 new commits.

Doesn’t work that way!

18 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Wasn't ever going to happen. Beating a mediocre LSU team was not going to get anyone on board.

12 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I like the WR pick up and the fact that he is from TX. That is a positive. Something we have not had in a long time in recruiting. 

He's the fourth commit from Texas to AU this year. I don't know if that's a good thing or if it indicates that we are being run out of Alabama and Georgia and are thus forced to look elsewhere.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I like the WR pick up and the fact that he is from TX. That is a positive. Something we have not had in a long time in recruiting. 

Tells me that kids really want to play for Chad and that he should be able to make good things happen closer to home once he's a little more established on the circuit.

Doesn't matter where the talent comes from at all, though, as long as we get it. bama's 9 draft picks last year came from Hawaii, Kentucky, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Mississippi, DC, and Alabama, in order of when they were picked. 

Just gotta start getting some good OLs. Had higher hopes for this cycle. 

Edited by McLoofus

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah, seriously. When we had two 4 stars relatively early on, I was feeling great about OL recruiting.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Rednilla said:
2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah, seriously. When we had two 4 stars relatively early on, I was feeling great about OL recruiting.

All things being considered given past work on OL recruiting & knowing we will land 1 to 2 transfer OL to add to this class, this OL class is an improvement & about where we should have expected at best even though it's obviously not where we need it to be.

40 minutes ago, ellitor said:

All things being considered given past work on OL recruiting & knowing we will land 1 to 2 transfer OL to add to this class, this OL class is an improvement & about where we should have expected at best even though it's obviously not where we need it to be.

Yeah, you're right, but I was jacked up about getting one of the big 3 tackle prospects to fill it out more solidly. It's really too bad about Orr. He would have put us pretty close to where I wanted to be.

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

He's the fourth commit from Texas to AU this year. I don't know if that's a good thing or if it indicates that we are being run out of Alabama and Georgia and are thus forced to look elsewhere.

It's a good thing

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It's a good thing

Overall agreed. 3 were top targets. 1 fits Mikey's concern of going there because we missed on others elsewhere.

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Overall agreed. 3 were top targets. 1 fits Mikey's concern of going there because we missed on others elsewhere.

Which one?

27 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Preseley even though I'm glad we have him. We missed on a slew of WRs to get him.

I haven't kept up. Which Wrs did we miss on?