Thompson QB

auburn4ever

Is anyone watching Conner Harrell of Thompson? this young man looks awesome. I sure hope Gus and coach Morris is keeping notes on this guy for 2022. To this point, he only has an offer from Tennessee.

He’s looked good but HT’s DB’s have been atrocious. He’s hit mos rod his passes to guys where no one is within 10 yards of the WR. He’s good for sure though.

On 9/18/2020 at 9:27 PM, auburn4ever said:

Is anyone watching Conner Harrell of Thompson? this young man looks awesome. I sure coach Gus and coach Morris is keeping notes on this guy for 2022. To this point, he only has an offer from Tennessee.

Kid has pretty good foot work, a good arm and quick release. I like him. Need to see more.

On 9/18/2020 at 9:58 PM, jared52 said:

He’s looked good but HT’s DB’s have been atrocious. He’s hit mos rod his passes to guys where no one is within 10 yards of the WR. He’s good for sure though.

That is true about HT's DB, but Harrell was accurate in his throws when he did see them open.  Plus, several times he escaped what should have been a sack and placed the ball on the money to a receiver.  (And trust me, it was frustrating for this HT dad, but I really liked that Thompson QB).

52 minutes ago, DaddyBoyAU said:

That is true about HT's DB, but Harrell was accurate in his throws when he did see them open.  Plus, several times he escaped what should have been a sack and placed the ball on the money to a receiver.  (And trust me, it was frustrating for this HT dad, but I really liked that Thompson QB).

Oh no doubt. I would have liked to see him have to put one into tighter spaces, but that just didn't happen Friday. Hoping they get a rematch in the playoffs.

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Though I forgot the score, I saw that Thompson beat Hoover again last Friday.

Thompson is the uat of Alabama HS football. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2020 at 4:04 PM, auburn4ever said:

I wouldn't mind seeing our Tigers sign some guys from Thompson.

That’s not going to happen for many reasons. 

52 minutes ago, tinman said:

Please explain your reasons. 

That was mostly sarcasms based on the pipeline uat has built there and the rumors of the support Tua’s family got that obviously benefitted Thompson. Considering the number of HT players going to uat you could probably say the same for them as well, and Josh is in the Gus tree.

2 hours ago, jared52 said:

That was mostly sarcasms based on the pipeline uat has built there and the rumors of the support Tua’s family got that obviously benefitted Thompson. Considering the number of HT players going to uat you could probably say the same for them as well, and Josh is in the Gus tree.

Thanks.  

Archived