7 Myths About Black Lives Matter That People Need To Stop Believing

Auburn85

4 hours ago, AUDub said:

Don't be dense, alexava. Everyone with a brain can watch that video and see that the officer reacted as reasonably as possible given the circumstances. In fact, it was excellent. He basically had 3 seconds to flip the switch from "routine DV call" to "oh, s***!" 

At the same time, this guy was a paranoid schizophrenic and bipolar. He was very sick, and the care he received was likely inadequate. The result can be attributed to the system. More resources need to be directed toward prevention. It's possible the officer wouldn't have been put on the spot like that. 

I don't blame the officers on an individual level, especially not this one, who did what he had to do. But a flawed system can have lots of well-meaning individuals working it.

Apparently not, or there wouldnt have been protests that night.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, alexava said:

A case of mob rule as the DA initially said it was self defense (and it was).  Sad.

4 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

The video was released a few hours after the fact and word spread quickly. But yeah, there were protests, some turning violent. That's the reason the LPD got the footage out there so damn quickly. 

People are primed to assume the worst and aren't going to be particularly rational, I'm afraid.

And like any other large movement, there are going to be extremists. Even saw some folks on Twitter arguing that the shooting still wasn't justified even after seeing the footage and they should "stand with Lancaster." Those people are ******* loons and not to be listened to. 

6 hours ago, alexava said:

Naw! I’ve already ordered two of these things!

I sit in amazement at times. :blink:

33 minutes ago, AUDub said:

The video was released a few hours after the fact and word spread quickly. But yeah, there were protests, some turning violent. That's the reason the LPD got the footage out there so damn quickly. 

People are primed to assume the worst and aren't going to be particularly rational, I'm afraid.

And like any other large movement, there are going to be extremists. Even saw some folks on Twitter arguing that the shooting still wasn't justified even after seeing the footage and they should "stand with Lancaster." Those people are ******* loons and not to be listened to. 

Those “ trained Marxist” who intended to see the destruction of the Western nuclear family are the loons you are referring to. That’s who is leading the way. 

1 hour ago, alexava said:

43 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

A case of mob rule as the DA initially said it was self defense (and it was).  Sad.

I'd be really careful about making a martyr out of this guy. The grand jury returned the indictment after reviewing new evidence, evidence the state confirmed.

We probably won't ever see it unless the civil suit smokes it out, since the indictment is automatically sealed. 

1 minute ago, alexava said:

Those “ trained Marxist” who intended to see the destruction of the Western nuclear family are the loons you are referring to. That’s who is leading the way. 

The BLM organization and BLM movement aren't one and the same. 

And you're strawmanning the "nuclear family" argument. 

19 hours ago, AUDub said:

I'd be really careful about making a martyr out of this guy. The grand jury returned the indictment after reviewing new evidence, evidence the state confirmed.

We probably won't ever see it unless the civil suit smokes it out, since the indictment is automatically sealed. 

Well, sense Jacob Gardner killed himself we will never know if he could defend himself in a court of law.  He succumbed to the pressure put on him by social media and the pressure of the DA to appease the mob.

Civil suit?  Who would be named in the civil suit?  Gardner had no money and the city acquiesced to the mob.

Surprised we're getting this, but here's the context. It's a thread.

This guy wanted to kill somebody that night.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Civil suit?  Who would be named in the civil suit?  Gardner had no money and the city acquiesced to the mob.

The guy had an estate, and he had money. 

23 hours ago, AUDub said:

The BLM organization and BLM movement aren't one and the same. 

And you're strawmanning the "nuclear family" argument. 

I hope you’re right on BLM org/movement difference, but if the ‘movement’ doesn’t make that distinction, they’re just part of the whole. 

On 9/22/2020 at 3:15 PM, DKW 86 said:

Because ‘protesters’ are always on the side of ‘right. Got it. 🙄

On 9/22/2020 at 4:31 PM, AUDub said:

Like George Floyd has been? Neither of these people should have died but neither are martyrs.  People act like Floyd was the benchmark for compliance when the WHOLE video tells a different story.  

I hope I live to see the day where lifting a $300 pair of Nikes is struck from the list of peaceful protests. The ones doing that don’t give two sh*ts about George Floyd.

1 hour ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I hope you’re right on BLM org/movement difference, but if the ‘movement’ doesn’t make that distinction, they’re just part of the whole. 

One thing they both have in common is neither gives a damn about black lives. 

4 hours ago, AUDub said:

Surprised we're getting this, but here's the context. It's a thread.

This guy wanted to kill somebody that night.

It just so happens one got him around the neck in a choke hold. After he destroyed another business on camera. 

34 minutes ago, alexava said:

One thing they both have in common is neither gives a damn about black lives. 

I wouldn’t think that, but the org certainly doesn’t.

46 minutes ago, alexava said:

It just so happens one got him around the neck in a choke hold.

A confrontation that they initiated after chilling in the bar with the lights off waiting to ambush anyone that broke in, all while exchanging texts that made clear his state of mind. When no one broke in, he and his father went out to the street and initiated a confrontation.

This guy wanted to kill someone. The self-defense claim is abject bull**** and you do yourself a disservice peddling it. You can't pick a fight then claim you shot someone in self-defense. 

He was a racist shitbag (this is well known, even having a 1488 hidden in the bar lol) with a murderboner.

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

A confrontation that they initiated after chilling in the bar with the lights off waiting to ambush anyone that broke in, all while exchanging texts that made clear his state of mind. When no one broke in, he and his father went out to the street and initiated a confrontation.

This guy wanted to kill someone. The self-defense claim is abject bull**** and you do yourself a disservice peddling it. You can't pick a fight then claim you shot someone in self-defense. 

He was a racist shitbag (this is well known, even having a 1488 hidden in the bar lol) with a murderboner.

Shows how little I know about some of these things....had to look up what the hell 1488 was. 

25 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Shows how little I know about some of these things....had to look up what the hell 1488 was. 

The fourteen references the "14 words," a white supremacist slogan.

• We must secure the existence of our people and a future for White Children.

The eighty-eight, when applied to the alphabet, is  "HH,"  for Heil Hitler.

This is a pretty well known signal.

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

The fourteen references the "14 words," a white supremacist slogan.

• We must secure the existence of our people and a future for White Children.

The eighty-eight, when applied to the alphabet, is  "HH,"  for Heil Hitler.

This is a pretty well known signal.

Yeah, I looked it up. Shows how much I know about the hate code. 

On 9/20/2020 at 11:36 AM, SocialCircle said:

Is the Huff Post an acceptable source? It gets confusing around here. 

#whataboutsourcism

14 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I think you completely missed my point. I was making fun of this particular set of Protesters.

On 9/22/2020 at 5:31 PM, alexava said:

You continue to say so many ignorant things about this topic. 

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement

17 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

No, white supremacists and Nazis have been known to protest also. 

While it's their right to do so, they certainly not on the side of "right".  Hope that helps.

Archived