7 Myths About Black Lives Matter That People Need To Stop Believing

Auburn85

18 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I hope I live to see the day where lifting a $300 pair of Nikes is struck from the list of peaceful protests. The ones doing that don’t give two sh*ts about George Floyd.

Looting is not a part of "peaceful protests", period.  You apparently have some issues with figuring this out.  Either that, or you are deliberately conflating protests with the occasional violence and looting that are sometimes associated with them. (You certainly won't be the first - even on this forum - to do that.

But you're last sentence is probably true.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am pretty sure there have been several folks state the looters or vast majority were bused in from out of state. it tells me not all the folks protesting are looters OR want to burn their own towns down.

On 9/22/2020 at 3:46 PM, alexava said:

So the guy confronted a group of people with a gun in his hand and somebody ended up dead that was not (initially) him. Not sure what has your knickers twisted here. Not sure why so many of you keep wanting to call it self-defense when people carrying guns approach other people and kill them.

17 hours ago, AUDub said:

A confrontation that they initiated after chilling in the bar with the lights off waiting to ambush anyone that broke in, all while exchanging texts that made clear his state of mind. When no one broke in, he and his father went out to the street and initiated a confrontation.

This guy wanted to kill someone. The self-defense claim is abject bull**** and you do yourself a disservice peddling it. You can't pick a fight then claim you shot someone in self-defense. 

He was a racist shitbag (this is well known, even having a 1488 hidden in the bar lol) with a murderboner.

Thank you.

I see more of the I have known a black guy my entire life and I've NEVER seen racism guys are still being the authority on racism.....lol

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

Looting is not a part of "peaceful protests", period.  You apparently have some issues with figuring this out.  Either that, or you are deliberately conflating protests with the occasional violence and looting that are sometimes associated with them. (You certainly won't be the first - even on this forum - to do that.

But you're last sentence is probably true.

Tell it to CNN...

17 hours ago, AUDub said:

The fourteen references the "14 words," a white supremacist slogan.

• We must secure the existence of our people and a future for White Children.

The eighty-eight, when applied to the alphabet, is  "HH,"  for Heil Hitler.

This is a pretty well known signal.

And a very rare position. I think it's fair to say that both extremes of this BS that is going on are the only two getting the press clippings.  All of us are influenced somewhat by that fact, which is too bad, but it's the catalyst for stirring up s***.  And when any politician can benefit, they don't care if it's truth or not; the rest of us will be the one's who will save this country or let it go.  Folks better think about that real hard...

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

No, white supremacists and Nazis have been known to protest also. 

While it's their right to do so, they certainly not on the side of "right".  Hope that helps.

You'll never see me defending them, though.  Hope that helps.

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Just watch CNN for a few minutes, you'll figure it out.

Yeah, just what I expected, evasion. You are the one who literally equated peaceful protests with looting: 

"I hope I live to see the day where lifting a $300 pair of Nikes is struck from the list of peaceful protests."

Don't try to pass it off.  Own it.

2 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

You'll never see me defending them, though.  Hope that helps.

It was hard to tell from your sarcastic comment about protestors which made no distinction of what - exactly - was being protested.

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Yeah, just what I expected, evasion. You are the one who literally equated peaceful protests with looting: 

"I hope I live to see the day where lifting a $300 pair of Nikes is struck from the list of peaceful protests."

Don't try to pass it off.  Own it.

If you see it, but you don't condemn it, you're part of the problem.  I didn't say all protestors were looting Nike's; I said looters are referred to as peaceful protestors. Try harder.

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

It was hard to tell from your sarcasm.

You need a new sarcasm detector, friend. I haven't made a single attempt at sarcasm in this thread.  

7 minutes ago, homersapien said:

It was hard to tell from your sarcastic comment about protestors which made no distinction of what - exactly - was being protested.

Does it matter what's being protested when looting is part of it? Looting is looting, protesting is protesting. Figure out the difference and we'll find some common ground. The liberal mainstream media are the ones calling it protests while showing looting at the same time, and never making the distinction for the viewer's benefit.  

If you see it, but you don't condemn it, you're part of the problem.  I didn't say all protestors were looting Nike's; I said looters are referred to as peaceful protestors by the left. Try harder.

That's a gross generalization, a.k.a. :bs:

For example, I could say - with considerable justification - that "the right characterizes protests as rioting".  

Question:  Do you know the relative numbers of peaceful protests that have been occurring in this country and around the world in which rioting or violence did not occur?

You try harder.  You're insulting me and yourself.

10 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

You need a new sarcasm detector, friend. I haven't made a single attempt at sarcasm in this thread.  

page 2: 

Because ‘protesters’ are always on the side of ‘right. Got it. 🙄

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

That's a gross generalization, a.k.a. :bs:

For example, I could say - with considerable justification - that "the right characterizes protests as rioting".  

Question:  Do you know the relative numbers of peaceful protests that have been occurring in this country and around the world in which rioting or violence did not occur?

You try harder.  You're insulting me and yourself.

The difference is I can tell the difference. You can emoticon all the silly white flags you want to and it doesn't change a thing. Destroying private and public property...is that protesting or rioting?  Trespassing on private property...is that protesting or rioting?  The COTUS protects peaceful protest and assembly. Much of what you see now doesn't resemble that. 

The difference is I can tell the difference. You can emoticon all the silly white flags you want to and it doesn't change a thing. Destroying private and public property...is that protesting or rioting?  Trespassing on private property...is that protesting or rioting?  The COTUS protects peaceful protest and assembly. Much of what you see now doesn't resemble that. 

I recognize that it's not one-sided, too.  But, like I said, you won't find me defending either extreme.

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

The difference is I can tell the difference. You can emoticon all the silly white flags you want to and it doesn't change a thing. Destroying private and public property...is that protesting or rioting?  Trespassing on private property...is that protesting or rioting? (trespassing) The COTUS protect peaceful protest and assembly. Much of what you see now doesn't resemble that. But MOST does, by far.

And a BS generalization - such as you made - is BS.      :bs: or not.

Archived