LSU love?

russnagel1

Can someone explain why LSU is getting so much love this year? I don't hate LSU or anything, they lost an awful lot from last year though. It seems like I heard they only have 5 returning starters from last year. Even if they are deep enough to replace a lot of the starters from last year, you don't replace a talent like Joe Burrow. Burrow was a once in a decade type guy.

Some of that love may have recently become valid. Orgeron says "almost all" of his players have tested positive for the virus, have passed through their quarantine period and won't even have to be tested again for 90 days. Any school that can keep their team virtually intact through this season has one helluva advantage.

I recognize that they won't even begin to replace Burrow, but now the virus factors have come into play and LSU is in an enviable position in that regard, if Orgeron knows what he's talking about.

They had a dream run last season. As meaningless as preseason predictions are in the first place, they rely on short term memories. They are still in the LSU honeymoon phase. Things will make some more sense a few weeks into the season. 

They still have some good young players, but now they lost 31 players from last year, including not only some stud WR's, RB, TE and a QB with one of the best seasons in SEC history, but the OC that helped facilitate it. 

coach o was on finebaum the other day and he said with BO back he believes this year he will have the best D at lsu since he has been there. i guess we will see.

On 9/21/2020 at 10:04 AM, aubiefifty said:

coach o was on finebaum the other day and he said with BO back he believes this year he will have the best D at lsu since he has been there. i guess we will see.

Bo will bring a much more aggressive style of defense to LSU, we know that.  If LSU has the personnel to run it and some depth, they should be able to field a top 5 D in the conference.

On 9/21/2020 at 11:04 AM, aubiefifty said:

tenor.gif

All this "love" is about the quirkiness and crap that is "Coach O." But the reality is, LSU always has great recruiting. They got lucky last year. This year, despite all their super-duper recruits, we will see LSU return to its same ol' same ol'. Which means, Auburn will once again have a really difficult time withh them.

On 9/23/2020 at 10:32 AM, keesler said:

Bo will bring a much more aggressive style of defense to LSU, we know that.  If LSU has the personnel to run it and some depth, they should be able to field a top 5 D in the conference.

Boy was I WRONG!

That LSU defense looked putrid, couldn't tackle and literally appeared to give up.  Bo Pelini failed to adjust the defense and played man the entire game while he sat and watched Costello rack up +600 yrds passing.  For Orgeron (a defensive coach) to stand there watching his secondary get torched and not make Pelini adjust is shocking.

Archived