• Created
  • Last Reply

Jaylin Simpson wins the race for No. 2 cornerback

Congrats young man!

No Joiner or Fromm listed anywhere. 

Lots of lean guys in the interior DL.

McClain earned the "or" with Pappoe.

Very excited. 

Wooden at DT at 268 is interesting. Very small for a DT. 

Why is Fromm not listed at all at TE?

Surprised too that Hill, after being moved to CB is now running #2. Is he that good?

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

Surprised too that Hill, after being moved to CB is now running #2. Is he that good?

I think most schools wanted him as a DB. He was a very good one in high school.  And we know he's got WR hands...

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I was going to reply to your post about Joiner and then saw this. I like the specific role part to an extent, just hope it isn’t as “predictable” as years past.

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Oh goody, a player specific role and plays! Yep, that should work out nicely.

I’m hoping by specific role they mean more like H-Back, Flex TE, etc, with some RB mixed in. He’s a talented kid that I def would like to see get touches. I just hope it’s not as predictable as it has been under gus with these “niche”players

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Unbelievable. I’m going to hold out hope that he was just being nice and that we will not be doing that this year 

18 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Wooden at DT at 268 is interesting. Very small for a DT. 

Why is Fromm not listed at all at TE?

Gus stated in the article of the tweet I  posted that he was bigger than that. Wasn’t sure on weight but he was bigger than 268 and his strength and quickness is what stood out

Anyone else concerned that we still haven't settled on our starting LT? I mean, shout out Alec Jackson, but a converted DT is still pushing a career (and highly recruited) LT with less than a week to go. 

26 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It's the Cox-Cat whirly bird

10 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

as asked above....what happened to fromm?

I think every one of the other guys is more dynamic as a pass catcher. Could be something else though for him to not be listed at all.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Anyone else concerned that we still haven't settled on our starting LT? I mean, shout out Alec Jackson, but a converted DT is still pushing a career (and highly recruited) LT with less than a week to go. 

I’m not mad at it. Go with the healthier guy first. It’s not like Alec just moved over there, he’s been playing offense the last couple years. Trox has had a million ACL injuries

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

My understanding is that while they may not be able to name names, covid and covid tracing hit that group hard so they have not been able to practice together consistently over the last few weeks. That makes it hard to choose the best 5. 

4 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

My understanding is that while they may not be able to name names, covid and covid tracing hit that group hard so they have not been able to practice together consistently over the last few weeks. That makes it hard to choose the best 5. 

Okay, this makes pretty good sense. Thanks. 

Archived