AU depth chart for UK game

Maverick.AU

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Anyone else concerned that we still haven't settled on our starting LT? I mean, shout out Alec Jackson, but a converted DT is still pushing a career (and highly recruited) LT with less than a week to go. 

There are two ways to look at it. One that Jackson has come on really strong and has made the choice really difficult.  If that is the case we have depth at OT with the loser being as good as the winner. The other way is that Troxell is still not 100% so LT could be a weakness.  From what players have been saying Jackson has come on strong. Since I like wearing Orange and Blue glasses I am going with Jackson has come on real strong.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I think they messed up on Jay Hardy's measurements. I think they put Handy's weight and height instead. I thought Hardy was 6'4 pushing 300 lbs.

Good looking out, my dude. That has to be what happened. No way they're both 6'5 252 lol.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Anyone else concerned that we still haven't settled on our starting LT? I mean, shout out Alec Jackson, but a converted DT is still pushing a career (and highly recruited) LT with less than a week to go. 

You must remember Troxell is coming back from multiple knee surgeries. 

So what are your biggest shockers or surprises on the depth chart? I know this doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot but still some interesting things on here. 

I was most surprised about Wooden at DT. If he did indeed gain more weight as I read somewhere, then I think he could be a force from the interior. He will be able to play inside and out. Probably be really good in passing situations to give us an interior rush. 

Jaylon Simpson starting at CB is a bit surprising. I knew he was talented but I expected Pritchett. I think Domio is hurt or has been hurt. I wonder if that is the case then would it be any different had he not gotten hurt?

No Harold Joiner....but I honestly expect to see him all over.

Brandon Frazier being the 4th name at TE i think is a hoax. That kid is going to play early and often. He will make a big play in this game. Book it.

Interested to see who comes out at LT first. 

WAR DAMN EAGLE!

2 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

as asked above....what happened to fromm?

Same as Joiner.....the coaches believe we have 4 players more deserving at the same position in front of them. 

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Jaylon Simpson starting at CB

This one for me.

Fromm not being listed at all. 

McClain getting that "or" tag with Pappoe. 

Still not being settled on an LT (which, as others have pointed out, could have a very benign explanation and even be a good thing.)

No Javy Johnson on the WR depth chart, although I shouldn't be that surprised. Happy to see him listed as a possible punt returner.

Burks and Butler both listed behind Walker. But that's definitely a happy surprise. Holy crap, the depth at DT!

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This one for me.

Fromm not being listed at all. 

McClain getting that "or" tag with Pappoe. 

Still not being settled on an LT (which, as others have pointed out, could have a very benign explanation and even be a good thing.)

No Javy Johnson on the WR depth chart, although I shouldn't be that surprised. Happy to see him listed as a possible punt returner.

Burks and Butler both listed behind Walker. But that's definitely a happy surprise. Holy crap, the depth at DT!

Yes...I think D line is going to be like our LB in 2019. We had lost DD#57, Tre Williams, and Old man Atkinson which was a great group for a couple years and the new guy came in and just busted heads. It was an better unit. I think the Dline  , while not holding any true star power, will be a very good 2 deep unit. If one of Derick Hall, TD, or Big Kat can provide that speed rush fromt he outside .....WATCH OUT. 

Also, I kinda figured Zevian Capers would be playing same spot at Seth, but Hudson is listed there. I find that interesting. I think Capers will have a good year.

I also believe our secondary is going to be a pleasant surprise. I can't wait until Saturday. 

7 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

One of the greatest plays in "all of college football." A true thing of beauty.

I ran a version of that in HS. Averaged about a 2 yard loss and a broken chin strap over the season. 

ImpureNeatBellsnake-small.gif

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

There are two ways to look at it. One that Jackson has come on really strong and has made the choice really difficult.  If that is the case we have depth at OT with the loser being as good as the winner. The other way is that Troxell is still not 100% so LT could be a weakness.  From what players have been saying Jackson has come on strong. Since I like wearing Orange and Blue glasses I am going with Jackson has come on real strong.

Yeah, I'm gonna keep the orange lens on.  I will say that converting defensive lineman is not that bad a strategy.  Defensive lineman just tend to be way more athletic in high school that offensive lineman. Lots of 3 star defensive lineman could be 4 star offensive linemne.

1 hour ago, Cardin Drake said:

Yeah, I'm gonna keep the orange lens on.  I will say that converting defensive lineman is not that bad a strategy.  Defensive lineman just tend to be way more athletic in high school that offensive lineman. Lots of 3 star defensive lineman could be 4 star offensive linemne.

Ben Grubbs was a converted DL. That seemed to work out.

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

Two relatives of Auburn Heisman Trophy winners on the roster at the same time. Cool.

Didn't think of that. Pretty cool fact. Also son of an AU legacy QB as well. I dig it!

35 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Never realized that! Only one I’ve ever really questioned was Tega. I always wonder what Garner could’ve done with his original frame as a pass rusher

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Ironically, coach Garner was converted from D line to O line in college as well. 

29 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Not really.

All things dealing with the starting holder are interesting. Most crucial spot on the team behind long snapper.

7 minutes ago, Zeek said:

All things dealing with the starting holder are interesting. Most crucial spot on the team behind long snapper.

Agree it's crucial. It shouldn't be an "or" situation at this point. 

Archived