i am putting this post in politics instead of smack talk to get some views on abortion.

aubiefifty

59 minutes ago, alexava said:

I don’t understand how I am more pro life that anyone on the anti- abortion side. If a mother’s health is at risk, I’m with the mother no matter how late in the pregnancy, assuming it’s a legitimate risk. (Also the child’s health and viability) I also am for unrestricted access to abortion early in the pregnancy. That line in the sand is blurry and I’m not sure I can define where it should be. But my rule of thumb- you should know the minute you find out you are pregnant if you don’t want a child. if you have to go past 20 weeks ( what was proposed a few years ago nationally) (22 in Alabama) you have been very negligent in many ways.
       My pro life friends and family think I am the devil for my views I expressed here. They just fall back on the cost of adoption as a crutch. As I stated before, the cost of adopting a newborn is paid by the adoptive  parents and they are lined up in droves. The pregnant mother pays nothing and she is the only person to make the decision as to life or terminate. They shut up and run when I point this out. Cost is not a deterrent. 

Because you are actually pro *life*, as opposed to just being anti-abortion, which somehow got labeled pro-life. The overlap of people who are anti-abortion and who are also pretty much "welp, now you're on your own" as soon as a baby is born is heavy.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Because you are actually pro *life*, as opposed to just being anti-abortion, which somehow got labeled pro-life. The overlap of people who are anti-abortion and who are also pretty much "welp, now you're on your own" as soon as a baby is born is heavy.

Thanks. I’ll take that. 

12 hours ago, McLoofus said:

While that doesnt describe myself, I understand the notion. Most of the "Anti-Abortion" crowd does not mean "Pro-Life."

I am adamantly 'PRO-THE-WHOLE-LIFE."  I have come to understand that for all the hoopla, we are just not moving forward on this topic at all. We havent moved much, if at all, in the last 40 years. 

40 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Thank you. I'll add proliferation of firearms and willful ignorance of science- related to pandemics, climate change, etc- to that. 

The backlash that will result from overruling Roe v. Wade -  not to mention the potential for reversing or weakening homosexual rights  - will not be good for organized religion in this country. 

The last thing we need on the SCOTUS is another Scalia.

On 10/15/2020 at 11:43 AM, channonc said:

Watching this thread full of men discuss abortion.:popcorn:

I believe you are welcome to join us. 

Archived