looters

aubiefifty

47 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you know conservatives have cornered the market on racism right?

Fidy, you know both liberals and conservatives have their share of the market on racism right? Racism doesn’t just come in forms that you selected. Your statement makes about as much sense as liberals have cornered the market with riots and looting....

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/08/01/us/white-liberals-hypocrisy-race-blake/index.html

https://psmag.com/.amp/ideas/the-dirty-truth-about-white-liberal-racism

https://www.theatlantic.com/past/docs/unbound/bookauth/sleepint.htm

http://blogs.reuters.com/talesfromthetrail/2016/07/01/belatedly-what-sanders-supporters-say-about-race/

My point is racism comes in many forms and just because you don’t see it specifically on the 6 o clock news doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist and doesn’t mean it’s any less detrimental. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did read the article you posted. Only problem is you are grouping hate groups in with conservatives. White supremacists believe that the "white race" is the only race that should prosper in our country. They despise the very existence of any other race, religion, or nationality.

In my view (and I may be the only person who has this view), white conservatives are people like myself who uphold the Christian values that this country was founded on, while welcoming all races, creeds and nationalities to join in our way of thinking and believing. Racists don't have that same philosophy. God loves all people and so must I.

You have it wrong when you group conservatives in with hate groups my friend. You need to stop doing that.

Donald Trump is not my God! He is my president. He does not do my thinking for me. I am my own man, with my own opinions, and I make my decisions by what I see and what I hear, not what Donald Trump tells me to.

Also I've noticed you take it personally when people don't agree with your political views. i don't.

23 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

I did read the article you posted. Only problem is you are grouping hate groups in with conservatives. White supremacists believe that the "white race" is the only race that should prosper in our country. They despise the very existence of any other race, religion, or nationality.

In my view (and I may be the only person who has this view), white conservatives are people like myself who uphold the Christian values that this country was founded on, while welcoming all races, creeds and nationalities to join in our way of thinking and believing. Racists don't have that same philosophy. God loves all people and so must I.

You have it wrong when you group conservatives in with hate groups my friend. You need to stop doing that.

Donald Trump is not my God! He is my president. He does not do my thinking for me. I am my own man, with my own opinions, and I make my decisions by what I see and what I hear, not what Donald Trump tells me to.

Also I've noticed you take it personally when people don't agree with your political views. i don't.

Recurring trend around here and everywhere it seems for that matter. Even when a valid discussion is brought forth to some. Many are too party blind these days on both sides. 

I'm also posting this here. This is my great aunt who just recently turned 106. Many times I get the statement how I don't know anybody who has been a slave or who has been opposed. And many of the stories she tells me about tribulations she and our family endured AFTER laws made racism against the law are mind boggling. She also explains to me how many people reactions are so similar to the reactions in the 50's. Back then they said racism didn't exist and they don't see it in society just like now. 

FB_IMG_1600784707148.jpg

4 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Fidy, you know both liberals and conservatives have their share of the market on racism right? Racism doesn’t just come in forms that you selected. Your statement makes about as much sense as liberals have cornered the market with riots and looting....

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/08/01/us/white-liberals-hypocrisy-race-blake/index.html

https://psmag.com/.amp/ideas/the-dirty-truth-about-white-liberal-racism

https://www.theatlantic.com/past/docs/unbound/bookauth/sleepint.htm

http://blogs.reuters.com/talesfromthetrail/2016/07/01/belatedly-what-sanders-supporters-say-about-race/

My point is racism comes in many forms and just because you don’t see it specifically on the 6 o clock news doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist and doesn’t mean it’s any less detrimental. 

i never said there were no liberal racists. now you guys are trying to put word in my mouth. show me and i will apologize. most of the libs i have seen were walking hand in hand with blm people. i am sure there might be a racist lib do something nasty but i would bet my house it is not near what the right does. you people need to get out more or go read some of your own peoples thoughts where they can say exactly what they feel. folks here have to tread a careful line becau8se of the rules or they are no longer allowed to post.

2 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

@aubiefifty I welcome your thoughts the links I presented for you. 

i am not wasting my time. you made up your mind already. believe what you want but you would be wrong. that is all i have to say on the subject.

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i am not wasting my time. you made up your mind already. believe what you want but you would be wrong. that is all i have to say on the subject.

Figures. I had a feeling when I present you with a valid opposing view this would happen. 

Just now, wdefromtx said:

Figures. I had a feeling when I present you with a valid opposing view this would happen. 

i do not like liars. you put words in my mouth i did not say. ever. now you are trying to deflect. when you apologize maybe we will talk until then you know the drill. 

Just now, aubiefifty said:

i do not like liars. you put words in my mouth i did not say. ever. now you are trying to deflect. when you apologize maybe we will talk until then you know the drill. 

I never put words in your mouth, Your posts were completely one sided slanted towards conservatives being the racist ones and when Argo pointed out he thought it was just white people and not because they were conservatives you went on a posting spree of links trying to show it’s only the right. So it gives the appearance that you only think it’s conservatives. I just provided you with links that show both sides have racist people. You got upset and said you weren’t even going to read them. Why, I don’t know? You said I made up my mind....yeah I did. I think both sides have racist people and to think that the right has it cornered is absurd. Both sides have a considerable amount. 

30 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm also posting this here. This is my great aunt who just recently turned 106. Many times I get the statement how I don't know anybody who has been a slave or who has been opposed. And many of the stories she tells me about tribulations she and our family endured AFTER laws made racism against the law are mind boggling. She also explains to me how many people reactions are so similar to the reactions in the 50's. Back then they said racism didn't exist and they don't see it in society just like now. 

FB_IMG_1600784707148.jpg

She’s a blessing to have around and hear her stories I am sure!! Thanks for posting!! 

1 minute ago, wdefromtx said:

I never put words in your mouth, Your posts were completely one sided slanted towards conservatives being the racist ones and when Argo pointed out he thought it was just white people and not because they were conservatives you went on a posting spree of links trying to show it’s only the right. So it gives the appearance that you only think it’s conservatives. I just provided you with links that show both sides have racist people. You got upset and said you weren’t even going to read them. Why, I don’t know? You said I made up my mind....yeah I did. I think both sides have racist people and to think that the right has it cornered is absurd. Both sides have a considerable amount. 

it is pretty friggin easy to ask rather than assume. i am blunt but not stupid. racism comes in many forms and many different faces. now you want to insult me by saying i do not know a basic common trait? you play both sides. you pretend to be a buddy and then you make little remarks here and there. so be it. you keep trying to tell me something i already know. people take shots at me on here every day. stupid. misinformed. jokes made about how crazy i am after i admit to being bipolar. jokes made after i told folks i was molested. i am not going to stand for it. i am an old fat man who is 65 years old and you guys cannot handle it. but guess whaT SCOOTER? WHEN I AM WRONG I APOLOGIZE. but yes i am pretty toasty right now so enjoy it while you guys can but unless I screw something up i will be hear.

8 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

the right does have it cornered. blm is rolling in the streets right now because trump and company would not dignify a peaceful protest by kneeling during th natty. you show me proof where more libs are racist.

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

it is pretty friggin easy to ask rather than assume. i am blunt but not stupid. racism comes in many forms and many different faces. now you want to insult me by saying i do not know a basic common trait? you play both sides. you pretend to be a buddy and then you make little remarks here and there. so be it. you keep trying to tell me something i already know. people take shots at me on here every day. stupid. misinformed. jokes made about how crazy i am after i admit to being bipolar. jokes made after i told folks i was molested. i am not going to stand for it. i am an old fat man who is 65 years old and you guys cannot handle it. but guess whaT SCOOTER? WHEN I AM WRONG I APOLOGIZE. but yes i am pretty toasty right now so enjoy it while you guys can but unless I screw something up i will be hear.

"it is pretty friggin easy to ask rather than assume."

Well, then state your full beliefs and not just one side. You get responses based on what you post. Your post and responses to Argo conveyed a clear message, it's not on me if it comes across a certain way and I respond accordingly. 

"now you want to insult me by saying i do not know a basic common trait?"

Quit taking everything as a attack, my response is based on the message you conveyed with previous remarks. Of course I know you know there are liberal racists, but everything you posted and said up until that point was only aimed at conservatives. Again, I am just responding to what you said and not what you are thinking. 

"you pretend to be a buddy and then you make little remarks here and there."

I would like to know where I make little remarks here and there about you? If you are referring to my comment about this happening when valid arguments are made, I will admit that was in bad taste and apologize for that. It was a knee-jerk reaction. But, I challenge you to find where I have made comments "here and there" to disrespect you. I have certainly done that to some on here, but I have always tried to show you the same courtesy you have shown me. 

"people take shots at me on here every day. stupid. misinformed. jokes made about how crazy i am after i admit to being bipolar. jokes made after i told folks i was molested. i am not going to stand for it."

I will make myself abundantly clear with this, I HAVE NEVER taken any shots at you calling you crazy, making fun of you for being bi-polar, or made any comment towards you being a victim of molestation. If you are insinuating that I have, you need just need to put me on the ignore list and I will certainly do the same for you.  This is an ultimate insult and if you really think this of me then I have no reason to converse with you anymore about anything period. I may disagree with people on here about stuff, but I do not and will not ever take personal shots towards someone's mental illness, etc. 

"the right does have it cornered. blm is rolling in the streets right now because trump and company would not dignify a peaceful protest by kneeling during th natty. you show me proof where more libs are racist."

Trump and company doesn't represent all conservatives, BLM is around because both liberals and conservatives have many racist people that have spanned for 100+ years putting policies in place to promote systemic racism, not because trump wouldn't recognize CK kneeling. Racism comes in many more forms than just the ones you see on TV with confederate flags, being against the kneeling etc. Also, I never said libs are more racist.....just that there are many libs that are as well. If you would read the links I posted for you, you would see. 

"people take shots at me on here every day. stupid. misinformed. jokes made about how crazy i am after i admit to being bipolar. jokes made after i told folks i was molested. i am not going to stand for it."

i never said you did. again you assume. i am not afraid to call people out and i already have and by name. just let it go. you have your side and i have mine. i see the repukes get outta line i call them on it. you see libs do something YOU call them on it. you implied i said something i did not. and you will not man up and admit it. you are not john wayne and apologies are not a sign of weakness. until you admit you were wrong i am done. i have already addressed this two or three times. i do not expect some on here to show any honor but i thought you a better man. my job and my focus is to be the conscience on this board to the outrageous stuff trump does and says. i am not much for discussion because no one admits anything on your side and when it is it is begrudgingly for the most part.if you think that is you i do not know what to tell you because i usually have little problem with people knowing who i am talking to.

by the way maybe i missed you but you are either new to the boards or we never talked but for about four years trumpers and most goper's thought trump walked on water. they do not care if he smears our troops or even handicapped making excuses the whole damn time. it is sickening. they have just now { some } that maybe he is not the nicest person but the economy. hell everyone in the world but trumpers know he killed americans with his actions concerning covid. i am tired of it. and it truly makes me sick. and if you take up for him you are just as bad. and of course i hate trump and you folks want to call me on it while mostly giving trump a pass on the hate he dishes out every single day. i see it on here every single day.

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i never said you did. again you assume. i am not afraid to call people out and i already have and by name. just let it go. you have your side and i have mine. i see the repukes get outta line i call them on it. you see libs do something YOU call them on it. you implied i said something i did not. and you will not man up and admit it. you are not john wayne and apologies are not a sign of weakness. until you admit you were wrong i am done. i have already addressed this two or three times. i do not expect some on here to show any honor but i thought you a better man. my job and my focus is to be the conscience on this board to the outrageous stuff trump does and says. i am not much for discussion because no one admits anything on your side and when it is it is begrudgingly for the most part.if you think that is you i do not know what to tell you because i usually have little problem with people knowing who i am talking to.

Then don't respond to me with extraneous things that have absolutely nothing to do with the conversation we are having and then try to claim to be the victim and that I am assuming things.  You say you don't like liars, but throwing in extraneous shots like you and being vague then trying to say that you didn't intend those to be aimed at me is, one petty, insincere and  also a form lying in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, wdefromtx said:
1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

I never put words in your mouth, Your posts were completely one sided slanted towards conservatives being the racist ones and when Argo pointed out he thought it was just white people and not because they were conservatives you went on a posting spree of links trying to show it’s only the right. So it gives the appearance that you only think it’s conservatives.

Again, I never put words in your mouth. You want me to apologize for interpreting what you actually say and not what you actually think? I can only go off what you say. I have already responded to this saying it gives the appearance you think it is only conservatives. Pointing out that you were only focusing on conservatives is not the same thing as putting words in your mouth. 

21 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

by the way maybe i missed you but you are either new to the boards or we never talked but for about four years trumpers and most goper's thought trump walked on water. they do not care if he smears our troops or even handicapped making excuses the whole damn time. it is sickening. they have just now { some } that maybe he is not the nicest person but the economy. hell everyone in the world but trumpers know he killed americans with his actions concerning covid. i am tired of it. and it truly makes me sick. and if you take up for him you are just as bad. and of course i hate trump and you folks want to call me on it while mostly giving trump a pass on the hate he dishes out every single day. i see it on here every single day.

I have been on here since 2010, back in the Auburn Eagle days. 

Not sure where all this about trump or any of this is defending him or even relevant for that matter. Why bring it up? 

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

FB_IMG_1600784707148.jpg

106? Wow, that's crazy! Classy looking lady that I'm sure is a joy to speak with. What a span of time to live through and all the things good and bad she got to see. Thanks for posting. 

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

FB_IMG_1600784707148.jpg

She looks great! 106? Amazing!

19 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

@aubiefifty I welcome your thoughts the links I presented for you. 

dude you brought up whataboutism which is a nono. you put words in my mouth which are not true. i will no longer respond to your posts so save your effort. right wing racists are shooting up schools and churches and bars and running over people in cars as well as doing other things at an alarming rate. i have yet to see the fbi issue a warning to americans to beware the liberal racist. altho the left does have racists which apparently everyone but you knew it is seldom they resort to the violence.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

dude you brought up whataboutism which is a nono. you put words in my mouth which are not true. i will no longer respond to your posts so save your effort. right wing racists are shooting up schools and churches and bars and running over people in cars as well as doing other things at an alarming rate. i have yet to see the fbi issue a warning to americans to beware the liberal racist. altho the left does have racists which apparently everyone but you knew it is seldom they resort to the violence.

Sorry bud, it is a little too late to cry whataboutism. I believe that ship already sailed when you went off on another tangent talking about trump and bringing up how people make fun of you on these boards. All of which had nothing to do which what I was talking about. Quit using that as a go-to when you don't like what someone says. The "but trump" gets old, you don't like trump. I get it, I don't like trump either. But you don't see that fogging my thinking on things. When all you have is "but trump" as a response it shows you have ran out of substance behind your argument. Also don't move the goal post, we were talking about racism, not if the racists were violent or not. Which, I think I already addressed when I mentioned that there are different forms of racism and each one can be detrimental in it's own way.

Remember too, that you started this thread in the smack talk forum. You sound like a kid that got his feelings hurt in the sandbox for no reason other than someone disagreed with you. I am not going to apologize for countering your picking and choosing of racism examples that you did to try to show that the right has the market on racism cornered. I thought you were a person that would engage others in a friendly back and forth regardless if you didn't see eye to eye on things. Looks like I was wrong, but that's on me I should have realized you could care less about having an open mind when you constantly say things such as "you people, and but trump."  Lastly, fine by me if you don't want to respond to me, just remember you are the took everything personally just because someone had a differing political opinion I would rather you not respond if you can't offer up anything other than whining. 

18 hours ago, bigbird said:

106? Wow, that's crazy! Classy looking lady that I'm sure is a joy to speak with. What a span of time to live through and all the things good and bad she got to see. Thanks for posting. 

It would be interesting to hear her personal experiences with racism in the U.S.

29 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Sorry bud, it is a little too late to cry whataboutism. I believe that ship already sailed when you went off on another tangent talking about trump and bringing up how people make fun of you on these boards. All of which had nothing to do which what I was talking about. Quit using that as a go-to when you don't like what someone says. The "but trump" gets old, you don't like trump. I get it, I don't like trump either. But you don't see that fogging my thinking on things. When all you have is "but trump" as a response it shows you have ran out of substance behind your argument. Also don't move the goal post, we were talking about racism, not if the racists were violent or not. Which, I think I already addressed when I mentioned that there are different forms of racism and each one can be detrimental in it's own way.

Remember too, that you started this thread in the smack talk forum. You sound like a kid that got his feelings hurt in the sandbox for no reason other than someone disagreed with you. I am not going to apologize for countering your picking and choosing of racism examples that you did to try to show that the right has the market on racism cornered. I thought you were a person that would engage others in a friendly back and forth regardless if you didn't see eye to eye on things. Looks like I was wrong, but that's on me I should have realized you could care less about having an open mind when you constantly say things such as "you people, and but trump."  Lastly, fine by me if you don't want to respond to me, just remember you are the took everything personally just because someone had a differing political opinion I would rather you not respond if you can't offer up anything other than whining. 

Someone I know made this exact statement yesterday. fifty is all right, but once you disagree with him and hit that button of his, he tends to run hot for a good while and can't seem to cool back down. I respect him though, because he has had a rough life.

2 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

Someone I know made this exact statement yesterday. fifty is all right, but once you disagree with him and hit that button of his, he tends to run hot for a good while and can't seem to cool back down. I respect him though, because he has had a rough life.

Well, it wasn’t the intent to push that button. Just to offer a different point of view. I respect him as well and realize he’s had to deal with some crap things in his life. Don’t think I did anything that was putting words in his mouth or taking cheap shots. It is what it is, hopefully cooler jets will prevail in the end. 

Archived