2022 Softball Recruiting Thread

ExtraInnings Softball just released their 2022 softball updates. Auburn has 4 players committed, three of which are ranked in the top 20.

Millie Roberts - 3B/C - ranked #7

Skylar Elkins - C/UT - ranked #16

Emmah Rolfe - P/OF - ranked #18

Jenna Lorde - OF - ranked #103

Not sure how firm these commits are or how they will be affected with the extra year of eligibility for current players. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

With September 1st starting contact dates for 2022’s, I thought I’d share the players we currently have committed.

Millie Roberts (#7 in ExtraInnings) is a C/3rd/1st baseman.

Skylar Elkins (#16 in ExtraInnings) is a C/UT player.

Emma’s Rolfe (#18 in ExtraInnings) is a P/OF.

Jenna Nelson (#103 in ExtraInnings) is an OF.

Edited by Jad0003
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, blakem said:

Former commit Taylor Pannel has committed to Tennessee

Here's an article that supports that and reasons why she decomitted(At that time she had not committed to UT know).

https://extrainningsoftball.com/inside-pitch-taylor-pannell-on-why-she-decommitted-from-auburn-its-more-than-a-softball-decision/

• 2 weeks later...

Some info on Madison Inscoe that blakem posted above.  I was not really familiar with her. 

PLAYER INFORMATION
NCAA ID# 1807235009
Madison Inscoe – (2022) Pitcher/MIF – Height 5’9, Weight 145 lbs – 
Pitching velocity: 62-64 mph (average)

Madison Inscoe (2022) – RHP/MIF

Club Team: Birmingham Thunderbolts (04) – Roberson
Recruiting: Actively being shown interest by coaches in the SEC, ACC, CAA, PAC-12. Madison has been on multiple on campus visits and official visits prior to early recruiting constraints. Clocked at 63 mph at the Florida State Winter Camp and hit 65 and 66 mph at the University of Florida Winter Pitching Camp both in the winter of 2018.

• Ranked in the Top 3 of all pitchers in attendance at the Florida State Winter Camp by Diamond Solutions (Nate Walker), using Rapsodo Analytics
  • IMA Player Softball (Florida State Winter Camp Event Talent Assessor) – “A Definite DI: Player” “Can definitely be in Top 50% of DI players – RHP. Tall pitcher with long levers to work with. Fastball ranged between 60 mph and 62 mph during our assessment. A curve, change-up and rise-ball pitcher with deceptive movement. Works the change up and off speed well, effectively keeping hitters off balance”.

CLUB BALL ACCOMPLISHMENTS:

HIGH SCHOOL ACCOMPLISHMENTS:

LEADERSHIP/TEAMMATE/QUALITIES/Coaches Comments:

Head Softball Coach Brittney Thornburg (Wilkins) – former Div I Catcher Boston College said the following about Madison:

• “We constantly had to remind ourselves this year how old Madison was, because she plays far bigger and far older than she actually is”
  • “Madison is a gamer, a selfless player and a true teammate”
  • “Madison has a very bright future ahead of her”

Coach Thornburg gave an example of Madison’s selfless play recently stating: “In the TCIS Championship Game, Madison hit a critical single and after safely reaching the base, immediately turned to Coach Rudy [our first base coach] and said “Coach please put Rory in to run for me, she is a far faster runner than I am”…”that is just one of the many selfless acts Madison makes and has made for her team”.

• Thanks 1

Geesh is this all, you know I would expect more from someone of her status in the rankings (🤪)

CLUB BALL ACCOMPLISHMENTS:

HIGH SCHOOL ACCOMPLISHMENTS:

• Like 1

Another commit in the 2022 class: Alexis Milanowski from Dothan, Alabama. She plays for Georgia Impact. ExtraInnings Softball currently has her ranked #74 for the class of 2022 and lists her as a power hitting corner infielder / utility player. All of their articles talk about how hard of a worker she is. It seems she had a strong summer and has improved a lot of the past year.

Edited by Jad0003
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, blakem said:

So I’m new here and don’t know how to do this but can we make a thread just for our 2022 recruiting?

How much you willing to pay. I take credit or cash. Prefer cash:poke:

18 hours ago, blakem said:

I believe we have six commits in this class so far.

Emmah Rolfe

Millie Roberts 

Skylar Elkins

Jenna Nelson

Alexis Milanowski

Madison Inscoe

Thank you!! But do we also know where the commits are ranked in the rankings?

1 hour ago, auburnfan247 said:

Thank you!! But do we also know where the commits are ranked in the rankings?

I use ExtraInnings for ranks because they update more. Here is where they are ranked:

Millie Roberts (C/3B): #7

Skylar Elkins (C/UT): #16

Emmah Rolfe (P/UT): #18

Madison Inscoe (P): #45

Alexis Milanowski (MIF/C): #74

Jenna Nelson (OF): #104

Millie, Skylar, and Emmah have been ranked in top 25 every iteration. Madison and Alexis have steadily climbed the rankings and seem to be able to jump more based on their success this summer. 

Edited by Jad0003
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/26/2020 at 9:11 AM, Jad0003 said:

I use ExtraInnings for ranks because they update more. Here is where they are ranked:

Millie Roberts (C/3B): #7

Skylar Elkins (C/UT): #16

Emmah Rolfe (P/UT): #18

Madison Inscoe (P): #45

Alexis Milanowski (MIF/C): #74

Jenna Nelson (OF): #104

Millie, Skylar, and Emmah have been ranked in top 25 every iteration. Madison and Alexis have steadily climbed the rankings and seem to be able to jump more based on their success this summer. 

@Jad0003 thank you for this post! Have you seen any new commits or ranking updates since this post?

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@Jad0003 thank you for this post! Have you seen any new commits or ranking updates since this post?

I have not seen any new commits or updates to the rankings. Extrainnings updates each class once a year, so I would guess they will update the 2022 class around signing time in November .

It appears these six are still committed to Auburn. It would not surprise me if this class stays small due to players receiving an extra year of eligibility and the 2021 class being so large. 

4 minutes ago, Jad0003 said:

I have not seen any new commits or updates to the rankings. Extrainnings updates each class once a year, so I would guess they will update the 2022 class around signing time in November .

It appears these six are still committed to Auburn. It would not surprise me if this class stays small due to players receiving an extra year of eligibility and the 2021 class being so large. 

Yeah I felt like this may be all we take in this class

1 hour ago, Jad0003 said:

@Jad0003Is there a team class rankings yet? I’m curious to see where that group might be ranked nationally.

I am not sure where this class is ranked against other teams. I imagine it is probably a little lower because there are only 6 recruits.

These sites do a cumulative point total, not an average recruit ranking based on numbers. For example, a team could sign 10 recruits ranked between 50 - 100 and technically have a “better” recruiting class than a team who only signed 4 recruits but all are in the top 10. Only 10 players are in the line up at one time, so I’d rather have the 4 top 10 players. 

I think Dean has done a decent job utilizing both approaches in the past few years to build the roster. He knows he has top ranked recruits coming in who can make an immediate impact, plus he seems to find an under the radar player every once in a while. I’ll be interested to see what approach he utilizes in the coming classes.

The 2023 class will be the  first class for most schools where the majority of the class was not committed before the rule change. Auburn currently has one commitment, so I’ll be waiting to see what happens numbers and talent wise in September. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1