2022 Softball Recruiting Thread

• WarTiger changed the title to 2022 Softball Recruiting Thread
  • 4 months later...

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, tigerman1186 said:

Hate to see it, but maybe she'll reconsider and sign in November..

Hoping it was on our part to open up some money for a big time player. Haven’t seen too much action of her this summer.

12 hours ago, blakem said:

Hoping it was on our part to open up some money for a big time player. Haven’t seen too much action of her this summer.

At this late stage in the '22 recruiting cycle, it's a little late to add a top level player to replace Inscoe, especially a pitcher.

Not sure where she stood in ranking all pitchers or how she did this summer to hurt/help her ranking.

Anyone know?

Inscoe’s team came in 2nd at PGF in the 16U age division. I’m not sure how she performed, but I don’t think she is the team’s ace. 

Emmah Rolfe is still committed and played for Georgia Impact at the 18u division, but I think she was probably the third option pitching behind 2021 Florida signee Lexie Delbrey and 2022 uncommitted Taylor Tinsley. Don’t quote me on this, but I think both are top 3 pitchers in their class whereas Emmah might be a top 5 pitcher who can also hit really well. No insight on Tinsley’s recruitment or if she even visited Auburn. It seems she has options though since she is holding out this long.

Edited by Jad0003

42 minutes ago, Jad0003 said:

Inscoe’s team came in 2nd at PGF in the 16U age division. I’m not sure how she performed, but I don’t think she is the team’s ace. 

Emmah Rolfe is still committed and played for Georgia Impact at the 18u division, but I think she was probably the third option pitching behind 2021 Florida signee Lexie Delbrey and 2022 uncommitted Taylor Tinsley. Don’t quote me on this, but I think both are top 3 pitchers in their class whereas Emmah might be a top 5 pitcher who can also hit really well. No insight on Tinsley’s recruitment or if she even visited Auburn. It seems she has options though since she is holding out this long.

Tinsley is who I was referring to in terms of adding someone.

1 hour ago, blakem said:

Again, I don’t know if she has visited Auburn, but she would be the top player in our class per ExtraInnings (#4 player, #1 pitcher). Their assessment says she relies on spin and location rather than speed (low 60s) and has an effective change-up from the right side. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jad0003 said:

Again, I don’t know if she has visited Auburn, but she would be the top player in our class per ExtraInnings (#4 player, #1 pitcher). Their assessment says she relies on spin and location rather than speed (low 60s) and has an effective change-up from the right side. 

I’ve tried to read into her recruitment but I honestly can’t find anything.

Taylor Tinsley would be a great pickup for us. I don't believe Inscoe was a part of the run at PGF. I heard she struggled with location and was hit hard. I heard she is now with a travel ball team called Orion Hunter Elite. I'm not familiar with that team/organization. Wish her best of luck. 

Rolfe is a good pitcher. She can hit 70 at times and is learning how to be an elite spin pitcher. By the time she gets to Auburn she will be elite.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can’t say I know how good Inscoe or Nelson are as players, but they were our two lowest rated recruits by ExtraInnings. These losses might be a scholarship management play for the existing players or making room for a transfer / additional recruit.

Roberts, Rolfe, Elkins, and Milanowski are all solids players though, so it is still a good class. 

Edited by Jad0003
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jad0003 said:

I can’t say I know how good Inscoe or Nelson are as players, but they were our two lowest rated recruits by ExtraInnings. These loses might be a scholarship management play for the existing rosters or making room for a transfer / additional recruit.

Roberts, Rolfe, Elkins, and Milanowski are all solids players though, so it is still a good class. 

I was on the same path as you with the scholarship management thought. Maybe they are opening money up with September 1st right around the corner.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, blakem said:

We just lost another verbal from outfielder Jenna Nelson. She committed to Penn State.

I would think she wanted a better guarantee of starting too.

Penn St had a 7-34 record this year, so she probably has a better opportunity with them. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, blakem said:

Madison Inscoe is now committed to NC State. I’m gonna say that maybe these decommits have been more on our end.

EIS recently published an article about Inscoe’s decision to change her commitment and club team. It mentions she wants to stay closer to home, but I have to agree with you @blakem . The timing of both these changes and the schools chosen suggests otherwise.

In other news, today is September 1st, which is the first day 2023 recruits can be contacted. There were a few commitments in this class before rule changes, but we will probably see some movement.

Auburn had one player committed before the change - Kyla Stroud. She plays on GA Impact Lewis 18u - the same team as Rolfe and Milanowski. 

Edited by Jad0003
  • Like 1

On 4/14/2020 at 4:48 PM, Jad0003 said:

ExtraInnings Softball just released their 2022 softball updates. Auburn has 4 players committed, three of which are ranked in the top 20.

Millie Roberts - 3B/C - ranked #7

Skylar Elkins - C/UT - ranked #16

Emmah Rolfe - P/OF - ranked #18

Jenna Lorde - OF - ranked #103

Not sure how firm these commits are or how they will be affected with the extra year of eligibility for current players. 

Who next 

On 8/10/2021 at 1:39 PM, blakem said:

My daughter's team played Tinsley's team (GWA) last week. The kid is, obviously, damn good.

She would be a great pick up. Do we know if she has been in contact with or visited Auburn?

For the most part I expect Dean to have turned his attention to the 2023 class. Unfortunately the best pitcher in this class, Keegan Rothrock, is committed to Florida. In the Futures All American game she faced 6 batters and struck out 5 after a week at PGF where she pitched her club team to the 2nd place.