2022 4* OT Will Campbell

Tiger Refuge

https://247sports.com/Player/Will-Campbell-46085724/

https://247sports.com/Article/LSU-Football-Recruiting-Four-star-lineman-Will-Campbell-releases-top-schools-list-Crystal-Ball-150426289/

I have no idea how to partially cut articles for posting, so my apologies. This kid is a beast and local for me. We made his initial cut, so I thought I’d post it here.

Four-star lineman Will Campbell releases top schools list

ByBILLY EMBODY Aug 16, 2:38 PM 

Share0 Comments

LSU is the heavy 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite for 2022 Neville (La.) offensive tackle Will Campbell, who released his Top 12 schools over the weekend with the Tigers making the cut.

In addition to the National Champions making his list, Florida, Georgia, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Alabama, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Auburn, Texas, TCU and Florida State were included.

"After long talks with my family and coaches, I've decided to focus on the following 12 schools, Campbell wrote on Twitter. "Thank you to all the coaches that have recruited me. This journey has been such an unbelievable blessing."

247Sports ranks the 6-6, 280-pound lineman as the No. 43 overall prospect in the country, No. 5 overall offensive tackle in the nation and No. 1 overall prospect in Louisiana. According to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite, Campbell comes in as the No. 39 overall prospect in the country, No. 3 overall offensive tackle in the nation and No. 2 overall prospect in Louisiana.

His big rise in recruiting has certainly come over the course of time after a strong sophomore year that saw him emerge as one of the nation's most sought after prospects.

“I wasn’t highly-recruited during the spring of last year, but as the season picked up, I got a little more attention, so I would always drive to a game on Saturday," Campbell told 247Sports earlier this year. "So that won’t be a problem to do again this year. With the offers I have so far, there are a certain few, I won’t say names, but we will talk every week. We will talk for 30 minutes on the phone, then I will call them back the next day, and just consistently keeping up with each other. You can sense who is really interested.”

Here's a look at his 247Sports scouting report from recruiting analyst Gabe Brooks, who compared him to Notre Dame offensive lineman Liam Eichenberg.

"Tall and lean and wears his weight well. Appears a tad narrow through the core but owns ample space for bulking potential. Shows consistently good hand placement and keeps his mitts inside targets. Gets to second level with relative ease. Looks for extra work when necessary. Natural bender.

"Possesses naturally high center of gravity, but plays with above average pad level relative to height. Shows an encouraging ability to kick slide with frame to give edge rushers fits in pass pro. Can get more consistent extension at the point of attack. More of a catcher than a puncher who can improve initial punch power.

"Can play with a wider base. Pass pro reps have been limited. High-major offensive tackle prospect with terrific tools and long-term potential to reach the NFL Draft."

In 2019, Campbell starter at offensive tackle as a sophomore for a Neville team that finished 10-3 with a Louisiana 4A state semifinal appearance.

LSU's 2022 recruiting class holds seven commitments and currently ranks No. 1 in the country on the 247Sports Composite Team Recruiting Rankings, highlighted by Campbell's good friend and four-star Lafayette (La.) St. Thomas More signal caller Walker Howard.

Start the Conversation 

">247Sports

50 minutes ago, toddc said:

Four-star lineman Will Campbell releases top schools list

ByBILLY EMBODY Aug 16, 2:38 PM 

Share0 Comments

LSU is the heavy 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite for 2022 Neville (La.) offensive tackle Will Campbell, who released his Top 12 schools over the weekend with the Tigers making the cut.

In addition to the National Champions making his list, Florida, Georgia, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Alabama, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Auburn, Texas, TCU and Florida State were included.

"After long talks with my family and coaches, I've decided to focus on the following 12 schools, Campbell wrote on Twitter. "Thank you to all the coaches that have recruited me. This journey has been such an unbelievable blessing."

247Sports ranks the 6-6, 280-pound lineman as the No. 43 overall prospect in the country, No. 5 overall offensive tackle in the nation and No. 1 overall prospect in Louisiana. According to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite, Campbell comes in as the No. 39 overall prospect in the country, No. 3 overall offensive tackle in the nation and No. 2 overall prospect in Louisiana.

His big rise in recruiting has certainly come over the course of time after a strong sophomore year that saw him emerge as one of the nation's most sought after prospects.

“I wasn’t highly-recruited during the spring of last year, but as the season picked up, I got a little more attention, so I would always drive to a game on Saturday," Campbell told 247Sports earlier this year. "So that won’t be a problem to do again this year. With the offers I have so far, there are a certain few, I won’t say names, but we will talk every week. We will talk for 30 minutes on the phone, then I will call them back the next day, and just consistently keeping up with each other. You can sense who is really interested.”

Here's a look at his 247Sports scouting report from recruiting analyst Gabe Brooks, who compared him to Notre Dame offensive lineman Liam Eichenberg.

"Tall and lean and wears his weight well. Appears a tad narrow through the core but owns ample space for bulking potential. Shows consistently good hand placement and keeps his mitts inside targets. Gets to second level with relative ease. Looks for extra work when necessary. Natural bender.

"Possesses naturally high center of gravity, but plays with above average pad level relative to height. Shows an encouraging ability to kick slide with frame to give edge rushers fits in pass pro. Can get more consistent extension at the point of attack. More of a catcher than a puncher who can improve initial punch power.

"Can play with a wider base. Pass pro reps have been limited. High-major offensive tackle prospect with terrific tools and long-term potential to reach the NFL Draft."

In 2019, Campbell starter at offensive tackle as a sophomore for a Neville team that finished 10-3 with a Louisiana 4A state semifinal appearance.

LSU's 2022 recruiting class holds seven commitments and currently ranks No. 1 in the country on the 247Sports Composite Team Recruiting Rankings, highlighted by Campbell's good friend and four-star Lafayette (La.) St. Thomas More signal caller Walker Howard.

Start the Conversation 

">247Sports

Just curious...why would a recruit even want to post his 'top 12'?

It seems like who cares. I would think that it would be significant to the player and who he wants to get the info out to, that maybe top 6 might have more value.

I would hate to have found out that my school recruiting him JUST missed his cut, and finished '13th'. :)

It’s bad enough that recruits do things like release the top 12 but for us to create threads on such recruits when there are no auburn centric articles on that recruit meaning no articles from Auburn reporters… SMH

18 hours ago, ellitor said:

It’s bad enough that recruits do things like release the top 12 but for us to create threads on such recruits when there are no auburn centric articles on that recruit meaning no articles from Auburn reporters… SMH

Hey, when you leave a vacuum open there tends to be a big sucking sound! 😝 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Top 12 , gee thanks , when does he cut to a top 11?? I’ll hang up and listen

who gives a rats ass lol

I hear ya, but don't blame the kid. Players didn't invent the recruiting market. 

Think of them like wacky tobacky. Without dealers (recruiting services) and users (us), it's just a plant. 

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I hear ya, but don't blame the kid. Players didn't invent the recruiting market. 

Think of them like wacky tobacky. Without dealers (recruiting services) and users (us), it's just a plant. 

I agree , but we have had kids sign with us that just handled it better I guess . I have a bad attitude today loof. I apologize 

14 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I agree , but we have had kids sign with us that just handled it better I guess . I have a bad attitude today loof. I apologize 

No apologies necessary! Hope all is okay, football train wreck aside...

• 1 month later...

Any updates on this guy?  I know 90% chance LSU, but since the last update/post, LSU became  the poster child for  a dumpster fire.   Not kidding, look it up.  

9 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Any updates on this guy?  I know 90% chance LSU, but since the last update/post, LSU became  the poster child for  a dumpster fire.   Not kidding, look it up.  

Dumpster fire, we beat the pants off them and they got a top 100 Safety.  What gives?

43 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Dumpster fire, we beat the pants off them and they got a top 100 Safety.  What gives?

Giving up 140 points in three losses, which includes losing to MSU and MO...  that is what I am thinking.   Maybe I am exaggerating in 140, but its close.    And I think they still have bama and TAMU left to play.   Makes them prob 5-5.     Don't they also play UF? Maybe one of those got cancelled.  IDK - they have a couple more losses scheduled if they don't get better real fast.

2 hours ago, Beaker said:

@BeakerHe's a 2022 guy. Most of them aren't giving updates often yet.

2 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

@AlaskanFANThey just won the Natty. That has brought their staff a lot of security & a muligan for a down season.

Archived