Kentucky Post-game Thread

tbone1430

1 minute ago, toddc said:

We only gave up about 1.5 per carry in the second half which isn’t too shabby. We also have a lot of new faces in the secondary, so I think we’re gonna get there.

Was impressed with wooden and newkirk. Our pass rush was actually solid but if they allow these blatant holds to go on, it won’t matter in that regard 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We won. We need to get better quickly on both lines. We were more vanilla on offense but I think we open up more against GA and as our oline gets more time together. Overall,  I am pleased with the change on offense.

20 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

didnt he have 2 against Oregon? but either way, your point is very valid, that he does a good job of ensuring the other team doesnt get the ball. Terry needed to do the same 

You are correct . I looked at it but I guess I looks at Oregon QB stats. Just mean for a young QB he has learned to avoid them. Also his punting yesterday was stellar. At some point in the year he will pull the trigger and hit one of the downfield guys posing like they are going to down it. 

10 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

We won. We need to get better quickly on both lines. We were more vanilla on offense but I think we open up more against GA and as our oline gets more time together. Overall,  I am pleased with the change on offense.

Agreed but don’t underestimate Ky they will win a lot of games this year. 

10 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Agreed . We need some button hooks followed by some stop and goes with him. Defenders have to give him a lot of space knowing how fast he is

20 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

My thoughts:

Proud of the win. Game went exactly as I expected....close at the half and AU score twice late to put it away ( i predicted 34-13 ). 

Defense made adjustments as always.

OL needs to get alot better.

Worm and Tank look the best so far. I enjoyed Tank trucking the guy on the return.

Seth Williams may be the best all around WR in the league.

Bo looked much improved on his accuracy. He still bails early but I did see him step up a few times which is more than he did all of last year. Accuracy was on point. Probably half of his incompletions were throw aways.

Flash needs more touches but we honestly only ran 57 plays but still

Defensive Line will get better. We were down a healthy Big Kat so he was ineffective, Jay Hardy, Daniel Foster Allen, and Derik HAll second half. TD Moultry going Offsides still urks me. Dayum man its the same thing for 4 years straight.

I would have liked to see MAR. 

Best part....I can definitely tell this is Chad's Offense. If we can get better each week I like our chances this year. 

I think Shivers has the quickest first step of the runners. I think between him and Tank we are good. I think MAR and DJ will also improve thru the year. Cant have to much depth at RB. We didn’t do and sweeps with Flash or Stove yesterday, I hope Chad adds a few of them , Flash and Stove are just to fast to waste also that will stretch the defense and open up the middle for the RBs and Nix to run.  But over all was thrilled with the game. Maybe the best opener for Gus since he has been here. 😁

Defense was very reminiscent of the Oregon game last year.  Got worked in the first half but held strong in the 2nd.  Offense I thought looked good throughout. Oline looked just as good as last years.  Gotta look at Troxell if Alec gets destroyed again next week.  Tank was noticeable faster to the los than DJ.  Worm looked impressive but I guess he got dinged up.  Big Kat being out hurt was big for the lack of pass rush.  Dbs played pretty well except a couple blown assignments.  This team will get better each week and should be pretty stout by the end of the season per usual under Gus

Archived